Will the East Tartans will win there first playoff game?

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Re: ho thinks east tartans will win there first playoff game ? r

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

Tartan34boy wrote:
The_Sports_Junky wrote:Axe,

I think Mechanicsburg is a good team BUT beatable. East is a good team also.
I do not think East was ready for the game (vs Burg) last year.

With coach Hall they will be ready. I think this team has something to prove, that they are a championship team.

They are not out to prove it to the fans but to themselves.

Good Luck East. Beat Green !!!!

i no but it would sure help? right? i love east football as mutch as any thing and you bet im loud about it but its hard to be if you have no one els doing it!

The Hood section, as we are called ,are quite verbal but agree 100% with U.These fans need to be up and yelling.Very subdued crowd most of time.

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: ho thinks east tartans will win there first playoff game ? r

Post by Tartanblue »

Trust me, I have not become complacent with two SOC I Championships while watching East...I hope we win it every year. I aint gonna lie, I am not a loud person like others. I get upset when things go wrong and excited when things go right and East makes a big play, I just dont express them as much as others do. I am slowly working on that, as some have noticed here and there and even suprised some people during softball season the past couple years with showing I was upset.

Tartan34boy
Riding the Bench

Re: Will the East Tartans will win there first playoff game?

Post by Tartan34boy »

bout time some one agrees and its horable i dont understand what we would have to do to get our own crowed to suport our team ......i mean we show up?. . . . .but if were not chearing for them what for? i wish there was somthing we could do to get em all on there feat ....im thinking we nedd to remove the bletchers just to make them stand! and you guys are awsome i see you chearing over in the top right or left corner i think? but any ways we need to suport them and our pep club dose us no justice eather and when you have chear leaders who not one of them wants to be there that dosent help eather!

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

Tartan34boy wrote:bout time some one agrees and its horable i dont understand what we would have to do to get our own crowed to suport our team ......i mean we show up?. . . . .but if were not chearing for them what for? i wish there was somthing we could do to get em all on there feat ....im thinking we nedd to remove the bletchers just to make them stand! and you guys are awsome i see you chearing over in the top right or left corner i think? but any ways we need to suport them and our pep club dose us no justice eather and when you have chear leaders who not one of them wants to be there that dosent help eather!

I know East is not a loud crowd and I don't understand their lack of verbal enthusiasm maybe like U said anyone doesn't want to "stand out alone"personally I don't give a SH**** what other people think of my verbality(I think I just made a word up) at football games because I am just as bad in my living room watching all by myself.But 34 my son played at Wheelersburg,which is infamous for the crowd participation, and he told me when U are out on the field U can't even hear them.So maybe crowd noise isn't that much of a factor except in college and pro games when there are so many more people and it is echoed back on field. Also U boys haven't really been close enough against other teams to risk getting beat so the crowd goes flat.Now don't run out and play a close game :lol: :lol: just to get crowd involved.Will continue to be myself, cheering loudly,along with the Hood's crowd, until the last game.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I agree with Blue, the Tartans could make there schedule a little better. However its hard to figure out if a teams going to be good enough to get you some points when they make them up. Heres a look at the teams they played and there records.

Beat Northwest (1-7)
Beat Southeastern (2-6)
Lost Matewan (WV) (6-0)
Beat Buffalo (Putnam) (WV) (3-3)
Beat Manchester (0-8)
Beat Oak Hill (5-3)
Beat Symmes Valley (4-4)
Beat South Gallia (2-6)
Green (2-5)
Notre Dame (5-3)

Tartan34boy
Riding the Bench

Post by Tartan34boy »

i no i no but we still need to get behind them 100% i mean they are good! and we act like weve had a 1-7 season maybey we would chear then! i don't no but all i do no is we dont get loud untill u see a bad call then it oooooommmyyyy god that was a sh## call booooooooooooo go home boooooo refs OPEN YOUR FREKIN EYES! but nothing els

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Yourtigerbait came to the first game with dowg and I, he ask why they never cheer and I said i had no idea. He went down in front and lead them in a cheer. I remember back when I was in 7th and 8th grade, Billy Hamm and Dennis Johnson would get down in front and lead them in cheers. There may have been some others but they are the two that I remember. I think Tartanblue should show up with a kilt and a mega phone and Stand down in front and lead the cheers. He said himself on here he wanted it to be better and louder.

Tartan34boy
Riding the Bench

Post by Tartan34boy »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Yourtigerbait came to the first game with dowg and I, he ask why they never cheer and I said i had no idea. He went down in front and lead them in a cheer. I remember back when I was in 7th and 8th grade, Billy Hamm and Dennis Johnson would get down in front and lead them in cheers. There may have been some others but they are the two that I remember. I think Tartanblue should show up with a kilt and a mega phone and Stand down in front and lead the cheers. He said himself on here he wanted it to be better and louder.

YES he should not just stand and lead cheers he should force them to get up! and frekin cheer i wish some one besides me would get real! tiked at the fact that we don't cheer for nothing! and yell at every one and tell them to leav if they arent gonna scream there frekin guts out!

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Yourtigerbait came to the first game with dowg and I, he ask why they never cheer and I said i had no idea. He went down in front and lead them in a cheer. I remember back when I was in 7th and 8th grade, Billy Hamm and Dennis Johnson would get down in front and lead them in cheers. There may have been some others but they are the two that I remember. I think Tartanblue should show up with a kilt and a mega phone and Stand down in front and lead the cheers. He said himself on here he wanted it to be better and louder.

I think I speak for EVERYONE when I say I do not want to see that !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

The_Sports_Junky wrote:

I think I speak for EVERYONE when I say I do not want to see that !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you....The one person who should do this is Tyler Boyd he would be perfect.

whodey1989
Waterboy

Post by whodey1989 »

where can you find the rankings?

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

whodey1989 wrote:where can you find the rankings?

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/rankings.txt

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

YES, THERE ARE 3-4 TEAMS IN THE TOP PART OF THE REGION WE CAN BEAT. We don't want Mechanicsburg or Springfiled, though.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

The teams I would not want to run into the first round are Mechanicsburg(already a given we wont), Springfield, and Minster.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

well since it's been a 100 years or so one could say they are due . After the words from some east fans dogging other SOC teams on threads that have nothing to do with East I'd guess the rest of the SOC will be hoping for the worst for our friends from sciotoville --I know I will be MD

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The Tartans continue to drop in the computer/playoff standings even though they continue to win regular season games. With that being said, I look for East to be on the road come week 11 and lose the game to boot. Just like most other schools in the SOC, strength of schedule is a problem because you can do nothing about league games.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

footballjunky wrote:bout time some one agrees and its horable i dont understand what we would have to do to get our own crowed to suport our team ......i mean we show up?. . . . .but if were not chearing for them what for? i wish there was somthing we could do to get em all on there feat ....im thinking we nedd to remove the bletchers just to make them stand! and you guys are awsome i see you chearing over in the top right or left corner i think? but any ways we need to suport them and our pep club dose us no justice eather and when you have chear leaders who not one of them wants to be there that dosent help eather!

They(the hood) section is the top left..... the top right is the Howard section... i made the mistake of sitting in front of them last week and every time that kid makes a tackle my ear drums go out.(howard and mault are every where)

Maybe we need to"merge"and encourage every one else.These boys should have a standing ovation every time they leave the field because of the awesome season this year and last.We do have a lot of seniors that played last year too.But instead we have people leaving early,scrambling to get out of parking lot etc.They miss the unity displayed by the team after each game. The boys stay on the field for a minute or two as a team kneeling, shaking hands, pats on back.I always stay to record this for my grandson's memories. This is an awesome sight just to see the respect they have for each other as a team and as individuals.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

ManitouDan wrote:well since it's been a 100 years or so one could say they are due . After the words from some east fans dogging other SOC teams on threads that have nothing to do with East I'd guess the rest of the SOC will be hoping for the worst for our friends from sciotoville --I know I will be MD

Yeah because we all know other schools fans dont do that on here... :roll:

VernonHowell
Waterboy

Post by VernonHowell »

Look for at least one of my Scioto County teams to make a run in the playoffs.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Anyone have an idea of East's all time wins/losses vs. other SOC I or even II teams?
I would especially like to see it against or foes from ND. I would say they still lead us because they were so good in the past but I think East has won 8 or so in a row so it might be a little closer now.

Return to “Football”