Best QB's in SEOPs Coverage Area History

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Re: best qb's past 25 years?

Post by The Riepo Man »

Pringles105 wrote:awsome i remember watchin him play he was very good

He was hard to tackle and had a nice arm but he was quite slow on the field.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

yeah but he got the job done and i wouldnt be surprised if we see him on sundays

Direct Hit
Waterboy

Post by Direct Hit »

I would have to say Joe Ferguson from SV. I watched this guy and played against him. He was unbelievable.

I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO ADD TRAVIS WYLIE FROM IRONTON TO THIS LIST , VERY ATHLETIC QB, PLAYED AROUND AROUND THE SAME TIME FERGUSON WAS PLAYING FOR SYMMES VALLEY. BOTH PRETTY GOOD QUARTERBACKS

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Joe Burrow

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

jimmy skinner chillicothe- it was pretty cool watching him play on espn - marshall univ.
adam porter -chilli- full ride to ou

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Funny, have to go one full page before anyone mentions Joe Burrow....Classic!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Pol pot wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:18 am Funny, have to go one full page before anyone mentions Joe Burrow....Classic!
Pol, the topic is a resurrected post from 2008. Burreaux would have been in junior high.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Omega wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:27 am
Pol pot wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:18 am Funny, have to go one full page before anyone mentions Joe Burrow....Classic!
Pol, the topic is a resurrected post from 2008. Burreaux would have been in junior high.
:lol:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Mike roback from trimble 79 and 80 had a rifle for a arm and I remember him kicking a ball through the up uprights on a kick off

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Best QB's in SEOPs Coverage Area History

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson

1. Joe Boggs / Jarod Humprhies
2. Geoff Matthews
3. Casey Chamberlain

I am sure there is more out there that can be thrown into the mix. Joey Conrad from Logan was one of the best as well.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Too bad Jackson didn’t have the used car salesmen Andy Hall at the time. Heck Jackson might pass another football levy to get Burrow to play for them :lol:

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Trevor Walls from Waverly was on the last Waverly team to win a playoff game and the SOC for Waverly

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Jonnie ballgame. Jonathon Eaton. Best I ever saw

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:36 am
Too bad Jackson didn’t have the used car salesmen Andy Hall at the time. Heck Jackson might pass another football levy to get Burrow to play for them :lol:
If saling used cars can get you as good as Hall maybe more coaches in SEO could do that during the summer.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Ben Robey from NY was a good one. Ahead of his time. Imagine what he could’ve done in today’s offenses, and he’s still Ny’s all time leading passer in almost every category.

https://youtu.be/m-z0rmFoVno

He’s #1 on this list so if you wanna skip to the end you can watch him.

Huntster77
Waterboy

Post by Huntster77 »

Direct Hit wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:28 pm I would have to say Joe Ferguson from SV. I watched this guy and played against him. He was unbelievable.

I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO ADD TRAVIS WYLIE FROM IRONTON TO THIS LIST , VERY ATHLETIC QB, PLAYED AROUND AROUND THE SAME TIME FERGUSON WAS PLAYING FOR SYMMES VALLEY. BOTH PRETTY GOOD QUARTERBACKS
I would have to agree!!!! He threw me many TDs

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Best QB at Chesapeake was Kevin Rice, it's more than 25 years but no one was smarter or better at QB. Funny story is Kevin was one of the many that was recruit to Georgetown by Phil Wilkes when he coached there. One year there was 22 guys from the tri-state on the team. Kevin had learned a lot about athletic training from Art Masterson at Chesapeake in HS, so when he got to Georgetown (KY) he started helping the trainers before the games tape ankles and the such. Well they found out he could also punt, so he started punting for them and led the nation one season.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

crazy amount of qb,s from our area, enjoyed reading back on this thread

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Hitops2.0 wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:58 am from valley: Scott Rolfe played at Muskingham also played baseball there Brian Bear played at Urbana, Brandon Turner now playing baseball again at Mt Vernon after tommy john surgery and Chris Lundy
Valley has had some really good qbs over the years. The best was probably between bear and bryan Rolfe. Blake Yates and Chris Lundy was both very dynamic. If I’m not mistaken didn’t Lundy get a d1 scholarship offer but not sure they whole story about it. I would put valleys group up against any other school their size.

Lay the Wood
Waterboy

Post by Lay the Wood »

If I’m picking qb at Ironton with best arm and talent in last 25 years. I’d easily take Jimmy Payton. He wasn’t mobile like many of Irontons qb’s. But his throwing ability was impressive.

Return to “Football”