Best QB's in SEOPs Coverage Area History

converterfan
Freshman Team

Re: best qb's past 25 years?

Post by converterfan »

ill say ryan ainsworth(80s) or josh sands from Ironton........ not much recognition ......but for being a running team both were great athletes and could have gone somewhere .....if it wasnt for the smashmouth runnin football that ironton does!!!!!! they did have the abilitily to throw the ball too!!!!!!

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

noreply66 wrote:Didn't Cook from the Bengals play at Chillicothe????

or am I thinking too quick

I think he did. he would have been one of the best qb in the nfl , but he played with a bad elbow and ruined his arm. They didnt know that much back then , you just played hurt.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

If you go back to the early 80s... Taggart from Nelsonville-York has to be one of the best... AND he led them to a state title!

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

SP's Smith, Eaton from 'Burg and Walls from Waverly.
On a side note: I read the thread from West_Sider and I can only hope that you NEVER have kids or are in anyway allowed to be affiliated with a sports organization where you can influence a child. What type of twisted mentality enables you to think that injuring an opponent because you can't beat them straight up is funny? This is why the West side has gotten such a bad rap over the last 30-40 years. Flame me if you want, I don't care. I am just saying what most of Southern Ohio has thought for a long time. Tell me I mis-read your post and I will humbly apologize.

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

Eaton and Kaskey from Burg. I do not agree with Shank as an all time great. He is athletic and can fake but his arm is a major weekness and yes grade wise he is only a soph but he is already 16 or17 so how much arm strenght can we hope to gain? 5'9" does not help here either...I can see him being a running back by the time his senior season rolls around.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

In the past 25 years, Nate Davis from Bellaire.

Before that Cook-Chillicothe
Schlichter-Miami Trace

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Andy Clark from Chesapeake 1999 11-1 was a GREAT QB, argueably won of the greatest team ever at Chesapeake. Lead the Peake to the second round playoff loss against Amanda Clearcreek (state champs that year) now is on the Coaching staff for Chesapeake and could be next head coach for Chesapeake when Davis leaves.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

from valley: Scott Rolfe played at Muskingham also played baseball there Brian Bear played at Urbana, Brandon Turner now playing baseball again at Mt Vernon after tommy john surgery and Chris Lundy

jenna's daddy
Waterboy

Post by jenna's daddy »

Rex Kerns : COL in the 60's QB for 68 Ohio State Nat'l Champs

IHS Mark Lutz 88

WHS Miller 89

IHS toughest QB Mark Snyder

Bellaire QB Jose & Nate Davis

Kenton Benny Mauk

best I ever saw........easily was Mentor Lake Catholic's Pete Jelovic hurt in college at Kansas State

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Have never seen Eaton play, but have heard MANY stoires!
Shankweiler has to develop an arm and the skill to look off his "favorite" receiver & look at another open one. But he's young and that will come. For where he is right now. He will be a dandy the next 2 years!

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Chilly has had some great ones over the years .

Obviously Cook ,but that was longer than 25 years ago.

I'd have to mention these 4 in no particular order .

Knights - Enuff said
Porter- Even more athletic than Knights
Kidnocker- 3 year starter when sophs just didn't start :)
Skinner- BesT Arm and actually played at Marshall

Best I've seen in SVC hands down Todd Shoemaker .. Shoe was unstoppabe :)

Outside the county would have to be Nate Davis

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I knew there was one other from the Burg I couldn`t rember, Kaskey !
Really great at carrying out the fake.

Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

A little more than 25 years at Chilli. besides Cook, how about Mike Ratzlaff, a 3 year starter 71 thru 73. Geoff Duncan and Jemar Harris in the 80's and Adam Porter in the late 90's. Skinner and Knights the last 7 years. Go Cavs!

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

andy clark from peake definately makes the list. . .98' 99'

McComas from peake would be just out of the top 25 but the best I got to play with in highschool, a college qb so. . yah

qb from waverly in 02' and 03' was one of the best I've played against along with kaskey from burg

Micheal Hill from fairland was pretty dangerous in 03' with that playoff team. . he had the skills anyone would want from a big time qb. . just never turned out that way, what a cannon too, 90 something fastball

fanoftigers
Waterboy

Post by fanoftigers »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mike Tipton: West 1984. Scott York would have been except for favorites. :!: :!:

Smith Kid (South Point) was an awsome arm. He would throw from 1 knee through the goal post in pre-game.

Howell from West 1990 was not bad.

How about Randy Jewell (Northwest 1983)

footballfan23
Waterboy

Post by footballfan23 »

y is mark lutz from ironton not on here a lot more?
i mean the dude took the fighting tigers all the way to the state championship in 88 and played most of the game on a broken ankle! they lost the game... but he very much diserved a state championship ring. he had a messed up shoulder since he was young and still played thru jr high and high school with it and was still one of the best qb's to ever pass thru ironton. then after high school the guy went to marshall and was reconized by coaches as a freshman, before he just completly thru out his arm freshman year and could no longer play college ball. And i heard that he even plays qb for the ironton scout team and can still thro a mean ball. i am putting his on here for one of the best qb's to in the past 25 yrs

Siders_R_#1
Waterboy

Post by Siders_R_#1 »

Jr Mosley from Portsmouth West is worth mentioning....

Best at running the option.....
Back of the Year in 1982

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Speaking of option, how many remember t.shoemaker-PValley-90-91, he made me look foolish at DE, but that's not saying much,lol...He was nasty!! Did he play anywhere? Thanks

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Hey Fighting Tiger Fans, what about Ryan Guthrie and Travis Wiley? Played against Guthrie in Jr High at South Point and then in basketball in high school. He was a phenomenal athlete. The combo of him and Jermon on the option was scary for db's. Wiley was one of the best all around athletes I have ever played against. Had the opportunity to compete against him on all three levels in all three sports, Little League Baseball, Junior High and High School Football and Basketball.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

I don't think Shoe played anywhere. I remember he and Bud Thacker from Piketon were heavily recruited by Miami of Ohio, I think Thacker ended up getting the scholarship.

Shoe was a good one. Decent roundballer also.

Return to “Football”