Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

you are definately a class act , bruiser.

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Post by West Legend »

-Hilliard Davidson/Mentor (D1 Championship 2 years ago at Fawcett)... Davidson wins in 2OT's, forget the RB's name, but he had @ 40 carries, ALL on the same 2 plays to the right and left

the running backs name was Bo Delandy(sp.?)

the most exciting game i ever watched was either the West vs. Ursline regional championship game or the Youngstown Mooney vs. Coldwater state championship game from last year. (watched it on tv but was still n the edge on my seat the whole time).

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

I havent been to alot of playoff games in my life. But I was a youngster and attended the Vinton County v Ironton playoff game. Not sure of the year, someone help me out? That was a great game as a young junior high kid.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Can't remember the year but it was Miami Trace and Logan

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

2003 Div 3 Regional Final at Grove City Greyhound Stadium

Germantown Valley View vs. Newark Licking Valley

NLV-63
GVV-60
4OT's

GVV was up big at half by like 20 some points, NLV came back in the 2nd half to tie and then it was the wildest finish. The kid from NVL kicked a 30 some yard FG in the 4th OT that bounced on the crossbar straight up in the air and fell through for the win and the place went nuts.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

kylecompton21 wrote:That was a great game. Keeping with '02, the Regional final against Portsmouth was a great game. Also the '01 game against W'Burg was great. 7-0 Final score, hard hitting all game long.

i have to agree with the 02 regional final game as well as the 01 burg - west game. i was at the regional final game between west and portsmouth. that was nasty and cold. i couldn't believe how cold it was during that game

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Coal Grove v. Fairland '04, '05, or '06 - take your pick....

I'd probably lean with the '04 game - Coal Grove down 21-0 in the first quarter - come back and win 42-41 on a 2-point conversion....

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Coal Grove and Fairland. I bet there were more fans at any one Tomahawk game last year :lol: :lol:

Chieftain Envy? 8)

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Anyone that saw the Piketon-Waverly game this year would have to say it was by far one of the most exciting games ever. Although in the end it didn't really mean a whole lot it did that night and it was one of the most exciting finishes of any game I have witnessed!

http://www.nextvsports.com/

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Any of the 02 playoff games that Wheelersburg was in.
Also the comeback that the pirates made last season in Lancaster against the freddies ( I believe ) Although they came up short, Man that was a GREAT comeback!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hilliard Davidson/Mentor (D1 Championship 2 years ago at Fawcett)is number two on my list.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Hilliard Davidson/Mentor (D1 Championship 2 years ago at Fawcett)is number two on my list.

That game was amazing. I watched that at home on ONN and was rooting for Hilliard all the way considering they knocked us out first round and we hoped they were going to win state and sure enough, they did lol Went for 2 for the win and got it done i couldnt believe it. We need to see more of that around the state. They earned that title.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I can add another game to my list after watching Mater Dei host Orange Luthern(Calf schools)

with not only a share of a league title on the line for Orange but also a playoff birt(both of which Mater Dei has already earned) and the coach for Orange has went for it on 4th down six times. His team has converted 5 of 6.

Awesome game to be watching 1The game 4-14 with 8:00 left in the final quarter.

The game came down to a 43-yard field goal kick by Orange with :02 left in the game. The kick was good and would have been from about 50 yards.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Grizzly,Don't dis on River football!These are places that the whole town in alot of places come out for the games!Sure there are more at youre games you are alot bigger school! :roll:

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

earp wrote:Grizzly,Don't dis on River football!These are places that the whole town in alot of places come out for the games!Sure there are more at youre games you are alot bigger school! :roll:

That was me dogging Fuzzhead. He came onto a Logan thread and said something smart so i have to give him hell every chance i get. I think its funny, our JV team can beat his varsity team.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ah man!Dont pick on Fuzz,He doubles as a super hero on the weekends!"THE GREEN HORNET!" :lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

This one just ended.

Playoffs in Colorado.
Teams Grandview on a 22 game win streak
Cherry Creek upset winner in play offs last week and have lost three straight to Grandview.

Game goes to double overtime.
Overtime team starts on ten yard line 4 plays to score.
First Overtime nobody scored.
Cherry Creek has the ball first and goes for it on fourt down. They have the tightend wide open but he slips on the rug, which is frozen in parts.
Grandview gets the ball and on fourth down they have a field goal blocked.

2nd overtime
Grandview gets a run to th four but a chop block brings it back 15 yards. They later miss a field goal.

Creek gets the ball and the QB takes it to the five but a holding call brings it back.
On second down the ball is snapped over the Qb's head allof the way to the 40 yard line. Qb gets it and gets four yards back.
3rd down QB rolls out takes off gets a block, makes a move and scores.

What a game.

*I have watched this matchup last season so I sort of knew the teams and I have kept up with Colorado high school ball most of the season.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

lots of great games over the years. . .
heard alot about one of those fairland coal grove games where hyland broke at least 7 tackles on the must get 2 point to win the game no time left. . that sounded like an amazing play

the 03' peake and rock hill game was just a good game. . no OT
04' peake rock hill. . mich fan. . he missed that fg. . and they were first. . so we only needed 3 to win. . but threw it up for a 25 yrd td pass first play of 3rd OT. . .crazy game with us losing 3 of 3 fumbles and 2 picks. . and them busting one single 60 yard td with now ohio state player christian to tie it up late in the fourth to make it ot. . .nerve racking game. . should have never been close

sad but the 06' fairland peake game. . everybody remembers the week 10 mudslop that was that week. . horrible. . fairland goes up 24-0 in the first 4 minutes. . only for peake to come back and seemingly have the game in hand at 24 all late in the 4th and fairland makes a 75yrd td double tipped pass to win the game with only 2 minutes remaining. . . . .great game. . and the fairland faithful went wild

burg clearcreek at jackson. . wow

peake manhandling #1 ranked woodsfield in 02' it was only 24-7 but what a lopsided games no one saw coming, 1 big break play to get their 7

ironton desales 05'. . . ironton didn't have the players to even be in the same league with that team that game and it came down to the wire with them losing

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

grizzlynatural wrote:
earp wrote:Grizzly,Don't dis on River football!These are places that the whole town in alot of places come out for the games!Sure there are more at youre games you are alot bigger school! :roll:

That was me dogging Fuzzhead. He came onto a Logan thread and said something smart so i have to give him hell every chance i get. I think its funny, our JV team can beat his varsity team.

Grizzly: It's pretty sad when the only thing you can say to make a comeback is that your DII public school team would beat a DV public school team. But I guess when you make a living beating DIV teams and bad DII teams, trying to bully a DV fan isn't off limits, either... 8) :lol: :mrgreen:
Another weak regular season schedule, another early-round exit.... but hey, at least you won your conference :roll:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

This is one from this season played between Edgar and Stratford(WISCONSIN).I watched it live on fox sports.

Stratford entered the game 69-1 in their last 70 games and five time straight defending D-6 state Champion.76 game winning streak versus in-state opponents and the current win streak was up to 29 as they entered this contest.

This one went down to the wired and ended like this Edgar scored on a 57 pass from Justin Sinz to Noah Werner in the fourth quarter to take the lead, and held on when Sinz intercepted a Stratford pass with 13 seconds left in their own territory.

I watched this one , one becasue I love high school football and two learning the history of these two schools made this a must see game.

Return to “Football”