Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Re: Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

Post by grizzlynatural »

lol

Well i guarantee you havent seen Logan play but 1 time in your life and i reccomend you come out and watch becuase Logan IS as good as everyone says they are.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

rainman wrote:Have to say the 1979 (1980) Ironton/ St.Vincent/St.Mary game. My self and another buddy played against Brent in high school and are now great friends. I have seen the game film of the drive many times. We always give Brent a hard time because he threw into double coverage and jimmy Morris jumped up and bailed him out. Although we know late in the game when your running out of time and downs you throw the ball up and let your athletes go get it.

I believe Joe Fletcher made the leaping catch on the last drive, not Jimmy Morris. I could be wrong, but I thought it was Fletcher.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

grizzlynatural wrote:lol

Well i guarantee you havent seen Logan play but 1 time in your life and i reccomend you come out and watch becuase Logan IS as good as everyone says they are.

Just curious... How good does everyone say they are? :lol:

earp
S

Post by earp »

Well there Griz if you guys are as good as you say you are how many state semi-final appearances do you have??Fuzzheads team has one! ;-)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Earp I only wanted to use that as a last resort, but I see you decided to bring out the big guns a bit earlier! :lol:

I'm not trying to compare teams, I'm just trying to make grizzly see the error of his ways.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Ohhhh and what a historic moment it was. Fans from all around the block came out to see the game. There were literally 10's of people there :roll:

earp
S

Post by earp »

Umm well Griz since I was at that Coal Grove game in 1990 at Dayton's Welcome Stadium againist Versailles,There were probably between 7,000 to 8,000 at that game since it was a state semi game!Oh and Versailles you might have heard of them,They have won 4 state titles!Maybe you guys should play a MAC team since small schools are so hapless! :roll:You guys need to beef up youre schedule anyway,You guys could get alot of points off of a MAC team!

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Lamont Cranston wrote:Been so many, very hard to pick just 1, but recently:
-Ironton/Bellaire (regional final at Peden)... Nate Davis and the Big Red survive 3OT's, you could tell this kid was "special"
-Hilliard Davidson/Mentor (D1 Championship 2 years ago at Fawcett)... Davidson wins in 2OT's, forget the RB's name, but he had @ 40 carries, ALL on the same 2 plays to the right and left
-St X./Colerain(regional final @ PBS)... 3/4(?) yrs. ago maybe the BEST defensive HS football game I ever watched, tied at 3 after regulation, talent galore on both sides of the ball, but X wins it in OT 9-6 on a "trick" play/pass to then Soph. Darius Ashley, they march on to win their 1st state title
-Coldwater/Mooney (last year's D4 title game @ Massillon)... maybe the BEST "David beating Goliath" game I ever watched. Mooney, and their 8 or so D1 recruits, unable to overcome the sheer will, grit, and determination of a Coldwater team that refused to quit. The "Hoosiers" movie script of High School football games in Ohio!!!

Man great minds must think alike. I was at every one of those game except the Bellaire one. I'd put Coldwater/Mooney as #1 if you put a gun to my head because I showed up as a neutral fan but by the end of the game I was high fiving and rooting hard with my fellow Cavaliers(Chillicothe and Coldwater). David had Goliath beaten and nearly lost the lead but finally won on a blocked PAT in the final seconds.

St. X/Colerain was 05 I believe and it was the BEST defensive game I have ever seen at any level. Both had very explosive offenses that were flat out shut down and the trick play sent that stadium's top off. 2 OT's with 3 field goals and 1 TD. Classic to say the least.

Davidson/Mentor... Totally opposite styles. Multiple OT's. State Championship. Davidson had the best O-line I've seen in highschool and Mentor one of the best D-lines. Total war up front. Fans swamped the field and I nearly joined them lol.

On a personal note... the 04 Chilli-Olentangy Liberty game when Chilli overcame a 19 point deficit in under 9 minutes to score the winner with 9 seconds remaining. Chilli didn't get their first defensive stop untill midway through the third and then shut Liberty down from there on out. :-D

On a more personal note...The 06 Portsmouth-Chilli game. Chilli scores the tieing TD with 1 minute to play and after a penalty against portsmouth on a successful PAT, Chilli takes the point off the board to go for two and gets it to win. That win secured a South division Championship and that group of seniors became the second class in school history to beat the hated Trojans 4 straight years. :-D

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

earp wrote:Umm well Griz since I was at that Coal Grove game in 1990 at Dayton's Welcome Stadium againist Versailles,There were probably between 7,000 to 8,000 at that game since it was a state semi game!Oh and Versailles you might have heard of them,They have won 4 state titles!Maybe you guys should play a MAC team since small schools are so hapless! :roll:You guys need to beef up youre schedule anyway,You guys could get alot of points off of a MAC team!

Uhhhhhh, we had the 5th most points in the state. I think our schedule is just fine. The teams on our non league schedule would have beat all but maybe Chillicothe in SEO.
Now that you mention it becuase your the first one to do so i think next year we'll just drop everyone on our schedule and go seek bigger and better competition. Why not? It would give all of you with Chieftain Envy one less thing to complain about. Then what would be left? :lol:

earp
S

Post by earp »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

grizzlynatural wrote:Ohhhh and what a historic moment it was. Fans from all around the block came out to see the game. There were literally 10's of people there :roll:

Grizzly, you must be the life of parties :roll:

Why would anyone even bother to go to a Logan playoff game? Everyone knows what's going to happen. :lol:

No one around here has Cheiftain envy. Trust me. :122249

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

The BURG vs Amanda game was the most exciting I have seen but then again I have been around for less than 2 decades. I remember standing on Amanda's sideline chatting with the refs and some of their players while watching that game unfold.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

fuzzhead wrote:
grizzlynatural wrote:Ohhhh and what a historic moment it was. Fans from all around the block came out to see the game. There were literally 10's of people there :roll:

Grizzly, you must be the life of parties :roll:

Why would anyone even bother to go to a Logan playoff game? Everyone knows what's going to happen. :lol:

No one around here has Cheiftain envy. Trust me. :122249

You bet I am.

Ohhhh sure you do, you just wont admit it. I'll prove it.

Is Logan the best football program in SEO?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

For their size, no. Southeastern Ohio isn't that big of a place and there aren't a lot of big schools in these parts, so if you want to say that they're better than DIV, DII, and bad DII teams, go ahead and call 'em that, if it makes you feel better. :lol:

Year in and year out (for their size) it's probably Ironton or Wheelersburg - in the playoffs most every year and they play bigger/equal-sized schools all year long.... and usually beat them + both have state titles to boast about. :122249

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I also think the Burg Portsmouth game of 2007 was a spectacular game. It def. was a game of emotions. For both teams!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This one was 2004 and it was the first game of the season for me down in Kentucky for the Pike County Bowl.

Pike Central, my favorite team in Pikeville opened the season up against County Rival Shelby Valley. The game went back and forth all game long and after regulation it was deadlocked and stayed that way until the third overtime where Central scored to win,44-38.

I havbe not kicked off a season that exciting since then.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

For our size :lol: Yep, your right. And if you wanna play that card, Irontons the worst program in the state! (for their roudy fans :lol: ) My question was Is Logan THE BEST PROGRAM in SEO. Thats SEO. The whole thing, regardless of size and you said no. You agreed without saying you did by saying "for their size" to make your arguement. You have Chieftain Envy.

You talk about how there arent alot of big schools in these parts but yet you feel Logan should have a 10,000 mile schedule to please you. Give me a break.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Nah I don't "envy" Logan at all. I admit that they have been the best team in SE Ohio for the past few years.

But I prefer watching the big guys around Ohio - the "Cardinal Mooneys" or "DeSales" or "St. Xs" or "Alters"... I like to think outside my own backyard and take a look at the big picture. :122249

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

.....Cardinal Mooney and Alter are D4. Desales, D2. Now St.X, THEY are a "big guys". (MOST years)

jeepchopper
Riding the Bench

Post by jeepchopper »

what about the wheelrsburg ironton game this year. the starting qb got hurt and the backup had to come in with a hsoirt amount of time and drive them down to win the game. that was like a john elway moment in high school that was a great game.

Return to “Football”