Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

buckfan84
All Conference
Posts: 829
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:39 am

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by buckfan84 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:26 am

I guess I am wondering what the definition rural would be. As far as I can see, ALL leagues in SE Ohio are rural. Sure there are bigger towns like Chilly, Athens and Zanesville but SE Ohio is, always was and always will be rural.

BTW, Chillicothe would not rule in volleyball. Alexander is the cream of the crop in Vball and looks to be for several more years.



Joedirt
Freshman Team
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by Joedirt » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:45 am

Invite Oak Hill and put Oak Hill in the Ohio,put Belpre in Hocking.Oak Hill is close to most Ohio teams except NY and maybe Meigs.There you have it problem solved!! :-D

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H
Posts: 7075
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:49 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by NYBuckeye96 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:30 am

Oak Hill tried to join the TVC in the early '90's, but was turned down. Also, we can't move any team to the Hocking if a team is added to the Ohio. That is the whole point of expansion - to give the league 8 teams. Moving a team to the Hocking would give both divisions an odd number of teams which creates an even bigger mess.

I would think anyone from a SEOAL school would rather see RV in the TVC than Warren. If Warren leaves the SEOAL, Marietta wouldn't be far behind. I think Marietta in that scenerio would jump at the chance to join the new OVAC football league that Zanesville, Parkersburg South, etc. are forming. It's kind of like the domino effect. I think SEOAL fans would not want that instability and would rally behind RV joining the TVC to prevent that from happening.

So the question is......is adding RV to the TVC in the best interests of the TVC, or is it in the best interests of the SEOAL by not having yet another SEOAL school jump ship to the TVC?


User avatar
wildthingRV
All Conference
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:25 am

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by wildthingRV » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:46 am

What makes everyone so sure RV wants to go to the TVC?

WHSwarrior
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by WHSwarrior » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:31 pm

theassassin wrote:
Mister B wrote:Did I mention that Belpre is 4-3 against Warren in the last 7 years and we lead the series by about 8 games?

Did I also mention that Warren is rural school in southeastern Ohio?

Why is everyone so afraid of them?


.... and warrens record during that time is:
02 0-10
03 0-10
04 2-8
05 1-9
06 3-7 beat belpre
07 3-7 beat belpre
08 4-6 beat belpre


Thank you.

WHSwarrior
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by WHSwarrior » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:34 pm

BuckeyeCAV wrote:I know what you mean in. I doubt Wellston, VC and Meigs will say yes to Warren, as Mister B stated. Likewise, Jackson was attending the TVC Meetings there for a couple of years but it didn't help them. Even though Wellston and VC plays the Ironmen every year, they would not vote for Jackson to enter the TVC-Ohio. Jackson would become for the TVC-Ohio what Ironton was to the SEOAL in the 70's and early 80's.

I think since Crooksville from the MVL said no, the only option would be RV.


You what I would love to see? Crooksville join the TVC and Warren invade their MVL spot.
And any comparasions with Ironton and the SEOAL are moot points, you have to stay in a league for more then four years at a time to be considered dominant.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by BuckeyeCAV » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:21 pm

Mister B wrote:BuckeyeCAV...

I really don't think you know anything. I think you just like to contradict.

If Warren came back to the TVC, which I don't think that will happen unless one school switches it vote, they would challange for the title in almost any sport. What sports would River Valley challange for a title in the TVC? I don't see where they would standout in any sport. I am sure their kids play hard but how do they do in their current conference every year? That is what you want from members of your conference, teams that challange the other teams programs to get better.

If you can give us an idea of how their teams do in the other sports you could make a case for them. But until then, your not putting up much of an argument.

Federal Hocking won't move up to the Ohio. That has already been proposed and discussed. Of course, you would already know that if you knew what you were talking about.

And South Gallia being added to the Hocking makes less sense then River Valley to the Ohio. Who wants to drive all the way to Mercerville? From Miller no less for every sport?


Mister B

How about Basketball and Volleyball for starters. Track and Field at times. And once in a blue moon baseball.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by BuckeyeCAV » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:29 pm

buckfan84 wrote:I guess I am wondering what the definition rural would be. As far as I can see, ALL leagues in SE Ohio are rural. Sure there are bigger towns like Chilly, Athens and Zanesville but SE Ohio is, always was and always will be rural.

BTW, Chillicothe would not rule in volleyball. Alexander is the cream of the crop in Vball and looks to be for several more years.



So you say now. If Chillicothe was ever in the TVC-Ohio as proposed by the one poster...... :roll:

Chillicothe would get tired and bored at continuiously hanging Conference Titles in their gym as did Ironton when they were in the SEOAL in the 70's and 80's. Plus, if the CAVS were in the TVC-Ohio it wouldn't take long before everybody would exit the TVC-Ohio due to the CAVS being in the Conference. :-D

But with that said, lets get back to the topic, River Valley is the only option the TVC-Ohio has at the moment to expand to 8 teams.
Last edited by BuckeyeCAV on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by Do-Your-Job » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:35 pm

BuckeyeCAV wrote:
Do-Your-Job wrote:BuckeyeCav --

What would you think about Chillicothe joining the TVC-Ohio? I look at Chilly a lot like I look at Vinton County. Solid basketball programs, yet mediocre in other sports. Both are D-II in basketball and D-III in football. Both are hit-and-miss in football. Chillicothe would've been embarrassed by state champion Alexander in volleyball in the TVC last year, so they would've had that in common with the Vikings. Neither team fielded much in baseball and softball last year. I doubt the Cavs would've wanted to tangle with Wellston in softball last year or with Meigs in baseball. I think Chillicothe would be a good addition to the TVC-Ohio and they might contend in a couple sports outside of basketball. Not sure if the golf or cross country teams would have anything on Athens. Football title might come down to Nelsonville-York and Chillicothe, they could be a good rivalry. With Chilly losing those seniors, my money would be on Arnold and company in at NY next year. If Chilly can travel to Portsmouth, they can travel to Alexander and Athens.


Do-Your-Job,

No disrespect, but are you joking? You are to funny. If Chillicothe was in the TVC-Ohio they would rule in Volleyball, Football, Golf, and Cross Country in the Fall every year. Since the Rural TVC-Ohio does not compete in Boys or Girls Tennis and Boys and Girls Soccer the CAVS would have to be an independent. In the winter, they would rule in Basketball every year, both in Boys and Girls B-Ball. In wrestling at times, and since the Rural TVC-Ohio has no Swimming Team or Bowling Team, the CAVS would have to play independent in those sports too. In the Spring, our Baseball team would compete. As for the Softball, I would have to agree with you. Our Track and Field Team, both boys and Girls would rule every year.

Football and Basketball would be a joke for our CAVS to play in such a rural and weak Conference. What did Ironton do to your powerhouse on Nelsonville's field? What did Chillicothe do to Ironton? ;-)

What has Chillicothe done the past two years at the CONVO to your powerhouse VC in basketball? Please don't make me laugh. :roll: :lol:

There is no way in you know what that Chillicothe would ever think of joining the TVC-Ohio. Now for Jackson D2 who is one size larger than our CAVS D3 in football. I could see them jumping out of the SEOAL in a heartbeat, if you all offered them to place in your conference. Check their football schedules out every year. Wellston, Waverly and Vinton County. Then they wonder why they get beat by 40 plus points in football by Chillicothe, Ironton and Logan.

Be for real.

River Valley is the only option outside of Federal Hocking to move up in making the TVC-Ohio an eight member division.



I'm not so sure Chillicothe would rule anything in volleyball, golf, cross country and football in the TVC every fall. If you think Chillicothe could've beaten Alexander in volleyball the past five years or so, then you are too funny. Alexander is a state champion and has been in the state tournament the last three years. Chilly hasn't even won an SEOAL title. Chilly wouldn't win a single set against Alexander last year if they played them 100 times. Ask Adena, who is consistently better than Chillicothe but got smoked by Alexander in the regionals the last two years.

Athens is very strong in golf and cross country and my money would be on them over Chilly. Yes, Chillicothe was good in football last year, but I don't think the Cavs have ever been confused with being a football powerhouse year in and year out. I don't think Chillicothe wins the TVC last year in girls basketball, baseball, softball, golf or cross country. We already established they wouldn't have a prayer in volleyball. Athens did fine in the fall being an independent soccer team, as the boys won the district title. Looks like Chillicothe could be a good fit as the 8th TVC team.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by BuckeyeCAV » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:45 pm

WHSwarrior wrote:
BuckeyeCAV wrote:I know what you mean in. I doubt Wellston, VC and Meigs will say yes to Warren, as Mister B stated. Likewise, Jackson was attending the TVC Meetings there for a couple of years but it didn't help them. Even though Wellston and VC plays the Ironmen every year, they would not vote for Jackson to enter the TVC-Ohio. Jackson would become for the TVC-Ohio what Ironton was to the SEOAL in the 70's and early 80's.

I think since Crooksville from the MVL said no, the only option would be RV.


You what I would love to see? Crooksville join the TVC and Warren invade their MVL spot.
And any comparasions with Ironton and the SEOAL are moot points, you have to stay in a league for more then four years at a time to be considered dominant.


To answer your comment about being in the SEOAL, In the 4 short years, Chillicothe has been in the league, the Cavaliers has accomplished more for the SEOAL, than Warren Local has in the 23 years they have been in the league.

STATE Champions ring a bell?

What was the score in football for our first meeting in football? Get used to those type of scores.

You have to ask yourself, why did the Warriors leave the TVC? Wasn't the theory back then, that the TVC was a weak heck league with SEOAL former has beens being invited into it? And, that the Warriors was a step above that, and needed to boot for a larger more competitive league like the SEOAL? Who talked the Warren Local School to leave the TVC in the first place? Who had the influence from the SEOAL on Warren to leave the TVC? Jackson? Athens? Marietta? Gallipolis? Logan?

Heck they can't even defeat Belpre half the time in football. And, they are no longer the BIG GUYS within the SEOAL in basketball either. Are they?

But if they were invited back into the TVC-Ohio, they would rule that Division in most sports. At football during certain times to. I can understand why FH and VC said no. ;-)

Crooksville would be an O.K. team and balance out the TVC-Oio as a RV would. But, WITH THAT STATED, I don't see Wellston or VC wanting to make that trip.

As for RV Raiders, I think they balance out the Conference in all sports.
Last edited by BuckeyeCAV on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by BuckeyeCAV » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:03 pm

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Oak Hill tried to join the TVC in the early '90's, but was turned down. Also, we can't move any team to the Hocking if a team is added to the Ohio. That is the whole point of expansion - to give the league 8 teams. Moving a team to the Hocking would give both divisions an odd number of teams which creates an even bigger mess.

I would think anyone from a SEOAL school would rather see RV in the TVC than Warren. If Warren leaves the SEOAL, Marietta wouldn't be far behind. I think Marietta in that scenerio would jump at the chance to join the new OVAC football league that Zanesville, Parkersburg South, etc. are forming. It's kind of like the domino effect. I think SEOAL fans would not want that instability and would rally behind RV joining the TVC to prevent that from happening.

So the question is......is adding RV to the TVC in the best interests of the TVC, or is it in the best interests of the SEOAL by not having yet another SEOAL school jump ship to the TVC?



NYBuckeye96,

Thank You! Finally, a voice of wisdom. Can you pass that onto Mister B. Oak Hill was brought into a TVC meeting by Wellston, I believe in 91 or 92. Wellston and VC pushed for the Oaks to be accepted in the Conference. The SVAC had just folded with all the former Gallia County Schools, i.e., North Gallia, Kyger Creek, Southwestern and Hannan Trace....consolidating to form River Valley, leaving the SVAC left with Oak Hill, Southern Meigs, Eastern Meigs and Symmes Valley left in it. Wellston, VC, Meigs, Alexander, FH, Trimble and I believe N-Y was for the Oaks to join the TVC-Ohio. But the whiners Miller and of course Belpre said no. :roll:

Oak Hill got the TVC back when they defeated N-Y at Nelsonville in the mid-90's after they were accepted to play football in the SOC I.

I believe if the TVC-Ohio Division wanted to add one more it is still, RV.

As for the TVC-Hocking Division added two more teams. South Gallia would be one, and I think Oak Hill would be a great fit. But Oak Hill is not going anywhere now. They are secure in the SOC I in Football and SOC II in all other sports. So a Wahama, WV might be the missing link. I know both Wahama, WV and South Gallia did attend a TVC meeting a few years ago.

Heck, even Athens played little Wahama, WV this year, as well as FH, Southern Meigs, Eastern Meigs, and other TVC-Hocking Teams have over the past.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by BuckeyeCAV » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:27 pm

Do-Your-Job wrote:
BuckeyeCAV wrote:
Do-Your-Job wrote:BuckeyeCav --

What would you think about Chillicothe joining the TVC-Ohio? I look at Chilly a lot like I look at Vinton County. Solid basketball programs, yet mediocre in other sports. Both are D-II in basketball and D-III in football. Both are hit-and-miss in football. Chillicothe would've been embarrassed by state champion Alexander in volleyball in the TVC last year, so they would've had that in common with the Vikings. Neither team fielded much in baseball and softball last year. I doubt the Cavs would've wanted to tangle with Wellston in softball last year or with Meigs in baseball. I think Chillicothe would be a good addition to the TVC-Ohio and they might contend in a couple sports outside of basketball. Not sure if the golf or cross country teams would have anything on Athens. Football title might come down to Nelsonville-York and Chillicothe, they could be a good rivalry. With Chilly losing those seniors, my money would be on Arnold and company in at NY next year. If Chilly can travel to Portsmouth, they can travel to Alexander and Athens.


Do-Your-Job,

No disrespect, but are you joking? You are to funny. If Chillicothe was in the TVC-Ohio they would rule in Volleyball, Football, Golf, and Cross Country in the Fall every year. Since the Rural TVC-Ohio does not compete in Boys or Girls Tennis and Boys and Girls Soccer the CAVS would have to be an independent. In the winter, they would rule in Basketball every year, both in Boys and Girls B-Ball. In wrestling at times, and since the Rural TVC-Ohio has no Swimming Team or Bowling Team, the CAVS would have to play independent in those sports too. In the Spring, our Baseball team would compete. As for the Softball, I would have to agree with you. Our Track and Field Team, both boys and Girls would rule every year.

Football and Basketball would be a joke for our CAVS to play in such a rural and weak Conference. What did Ironton do to your powerhouse on Nelsonville's field? What did Chillicothe do to Ironton? ;-)

What has Chillicothe done the past two years at the CONVO to your powerhouse VC in basketball? Please don't make me laugh. :roll: :lol:

There is no way in you know what that Chillicothe would ever think of joining the TVC-Ohio. Now for Jackson D2 who is one size larger than our CAVS D3 in football. I could see them jumping out of the SEOAL in a heartbeat, if you all offered them to place in your conference. Check their football schedules out every year. Wellston, Waverly and Vinton County. Then they wonder why they get beat by 40 plus points in football by Chillicothe, Ironton and Logan.

Be for real.

River Valley is the only option outside of Federal Hocking to move up in making the TVC-Ohio an eight member division.



I'm not so sure Chillicothe would rule anything in volleyball, golf, cross country and football in the TVC every fall. If you think Chillicothe could've beaten Alexander in volleyball the past five years or so, then you are too funny. Alexander is a state champion and has been in the state tournament the last three years. Chilly hasn't even won an SEOAL title. Chilly wouldn't win a single set against Alexander last year if they played them 100 times. Ask Adena, who is consistently better than Chillicothe but got smoked by Alexander in the regionals the last two years.

Athens is very strong in golf and cross country and my money would be on them over Chilly. Yes, Chillicothe was good in football last year, but I don't think the Cavs have ever been confused with being a football powerhouse year in and year out. I don't think Chillicothe wins the TVC last year in girls basketball, baseball, softball, golf or cross country. We already established they wouldn't have a prayer in volleyball. Athens did fine in the fall being an independent soccer team, as the boys won the district title. Looks like Chillicothe could be a good fit as the 8th TVC team.


Chillicothe would run over everybody in the TVC-Ohio in Football, and yes, year in and year out. No contest. I don't no what planet you are on. :lol:

As for volleyball yes they would win or give them a run for their money too.

Number one, Chillicothe wouldn't want to take a step down to join a TVC as it is set up now.

But, if there was three divisions,

Like:

TVC-Ohio
Wellston
McArthur Vinton County
Pomeroy Meigs
Chesire River Valley
Albany Alexander
The Plains Athens
Nelsonville-York
Belpre

TVC-Hocking
Corning Miller
Glouster Trimble
Waterford
Stewart Federal Hocking
Reedsville Eastern Meigs
Racine Southern Meigs
Wahama, WV
Mercerville South Gallia

TVC-Buckeye
Chillicothe
Jackson
Portsmouth
Gallipolis (Gallia Academy)
Warren Local
Marietta

mister b
SEOP
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by mister b » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:25 pm

BuckeyeCAV wrote:
Mister B wrote:BuckeyeCAV...

I really don't think you know anything. I think you just like to contradict.

If Warren came back to the TVC, which I don't think that will happen unless one school switches it vote, they would challange for the title in almost any sport. What sports would River Valley challange for a title in the TVC? I don't see where they would standout in any sport. I am sure their kids play hard but how do they do in their current conference every year? That is what you want from members of your conference, teams that challange the other teams programs to get better.

If you can give us an idea of how their teams do in the other sports you could make a case for them. But until then, your not putting up much of an argument.

Federal Hocking won't move up to the Ohio. That has already been proposed and discussed. Of course, you would already know that if you knew what you were talking about.

And South Gallia being added to the Hocking makes less sense then River Valley to the Ohio. Who wants to drive all the way to Mercerville? From Miller no less for every sport?


Mister B

How about Basketball and Volleyball for starters. Track and Field at times. And once in a blue moon baseball.


Can you supply some facts (win/loss percentage, confernece titles etc) to backup how River Valley would do in the other sports besides football? So far you have talked the talk, now walk the walk. I gave info on football and you say football is only one sport, lets hear about their other sports. The floor is yours.

mister b
SEOP
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by mister b » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:29 pm

wildthingRV wrote:What makes everyone so sure RV wants to go to the TVC?


I don't think they do but BuckeyeCAV is bent on getting them in the TVC for reasons known only to him.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by BuckeyeCAV » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:37 pm

If RV wants to, I think they are just the better team to plant in the TVC-Ohio. They might not have a whole lot of Titles in their pocket, but they would be a balanced team to let in the TVC, verses, as I have stated on here several times over, verses having a Warren who would run the talley on most sports within the division.

I still can't see the TVC-Ohio in favor of Warren except Belpre.

mister b
SEOP
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by mister b » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:42 pm

WHSwarrior wrote:
theassassin wrote:
Mister B wrote:Did I mention that Belpre is 4-3 against Warren in the last 7 years and we lead the series by about 8 games?

Did I also mention that Warren is rural school in southeastern Ohio?

Why is everyone so afraid of them?


.... and warrens record during that time is:
02 0-10
03 0-10
04 2-8
05 1-9
06 3-7 beat belpre
07 3-7 beat belpre
08 4-6 beat belpre


Thank you.


And the scores from each game...

2002 Belpre 28 - 13
2003 Belpre 28 - 21
2004 Belpre 21-18
2005 Belpre 20 - 7
2006 Warren 27 - 6
2007 Warren 14 - 13
2008 Warren 17 - 10

Sounds like pretty evenly played games against a D3 school and a D5 school. Average points scored per game Belpre 18 Warren 17. This, and of course the gate, are the reason this game is still played even though they are in different leagues.

mister b
SEOP
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by mister b » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:44 pm

BuckeyeCAV wrote:If RV wants to, I think they are just the better team to plant in the TVC-Ohio. They might not have a whole lot of Titles in their pocket, but they would be a balanced team to let in the TVC, verses, as I have stated on here several times over, verses having a Warren who would run the talley on most sports within the division.

I still can't see the TVC-Ohio in favor of Warren except Belpre.


There is alot more support there then you think, but not enough to get the 75%. But very close.

And they (Warren) would do well the TVC in the current 2 division lineup. That is why the proposed 3 division lineup, to balance things out.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by BuckeyeCAV » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:07 pm

Mister B wrote:
BuckeyeCAV wrote:If RV wants to, I think they are just the better team to plant in the TVC-Ohio. They might not have a whole lot of Titles in their pocket, but they would be a balanced team to let in the TVC, verses, as I have stated on here several times over, verses having a Warren who would run the talley on most sports within the division.

I still can't see the TVC-Ohio in favor of Warren except Belpre.


There is alot more support there then you think, but not enough to get the 75%. But very close.

And they (Warren) would do well the TVC in the current 2 division lineup. That is why the proposed 3 division lineup, to balance things out.


Well maybe you should be an advocate for Warren.

theassassin
All State
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:48 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by theassassin » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:15 am

[/quote]



your last 2 sentence sums it all up..... would either accept an invtation if offered? would either approach the tvc fro mmembership. as far as i know river vally hasnt since back n the 90's (imo the tvc is where they should have been to begin with but that is another topic) and are comfortable with the ovc at this time.[/quote]

as i posted earlier.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S
Posts: 1939
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:31 am

If I could just chip in for a minute on this discussion, citing a source within the Tri-Valley Conference, I know it for a fact that Warren will NOT be coming to the TVC anytime soon.

Thank you.

WHSwarrior
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by WHSwarrior » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:02 am

Warren tried last year and lost. That's it.
With Ironton leaving, that's one less long trip, making Portsmouth and Chillicothe the only ones that are really a stretch.

We're the SEOAL for the time being, and we're staying.

mister b
SEOP
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by mister b » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:29 am

WHSwarrior wrote:Warren tried last year and lost. That's it.
With Ironton leaving, that's one less long trip, making Portsmouth and Chillicothe the only ones that are really a stretch.

We're the SEOAL for the time being, and we're staying.


You are right.

The TVC made a mistake in not allowing Warren back into the conference. Good school with quality coaches and programs. That is what you want from your membership. Maybe they will reconsider sometime in the future and ask them in.

User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1344
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by BlizzardMan » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:00 pm

Mister B wrote:River Valley brings nothing to the table for the TVC Ohio.

Since 2004, their record against TVC Ohio teams is 1-14.

Athens 0-2

Alexander 1-3

Meigs 0-5

Nelsonville 0-4

Wellston and Meigs are ok with Warren. VC and FH are not.

I seriously doubt that Jackson ever attended any TVC meetings as you state. :roll:

Again I ask, why is River Valley such a good fit for the TVC other then being a rural school like Warren?

Answer please.


Have you ever been to River Valley? How is Warren more rural?

Joedirt
Freshman Team
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by Joedirt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:47 pm

[quote="NYBuckeye96"][color=brown]Oak Hill tried to join the TVC in the early '90's, but was turned down. Also, we can't move any team to the Hocking if a team is added to the Ohio. That is the whole point of expansion - to give the league 8 teams. Moving a team to the Hocking would give both divisions an odd number of teams which creates an even bigger mess.

Why would it be a mess if 1 team was added to Ohio and 1 moved to Hocking? That was how it was many years ago when there were 7 members,1 division.Everything was fine,plus you got to see some good matches in non league games.

Warren wouldn't rule in sports like some are saying,I recall them getting beat in football,basketball etc. not to many championships if I remember.Let them back in and they still won't rule sports.RV maybe good for the Hocking but not Ohio.

Why split into all these divisions,this isnt the NFL,even though some think it is. :roll: Keep it at 2 divisions man! I seen on another post where someone said NY should look for a different league to play in for better teams,look at the big picture you do that and you screw up the whole athletics boy's and girls. TVC is where NY needs to stay.You have to compete in other sports not just football....Just my opinion.8) I still like Oak Hill.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H
Posts: 7075
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:49 pm

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by NYBuckeye96 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:43 pm

The only reason the TVC OHIO needs to expand is because of the scheduling problem of having odd numbers. It's hard to find non-league games for teams in the last part of the season.

Adding one team to the OHIO and moving one team to the Hocking causes both divisions to have the same scheduling problem the Ohio now has. I would rather see no teams added then having the requirment of one more league game PLUS the exact same problem we have now.

Post Reply