High School freshman to go Pro.

boilermaker
SE

High School freshman to go Pro.

Post by boilermaker »

This not official yet . Ralph Whittington the manchild from Wellston is thinking about skipping High School and College and going strait to the NFL. Ralph needs to support his mother in Louisanna and feed all his pet Gators in the swamp. I will try and talk him out of it but cant balme him if he goes.
6'4 235 lbs and runs a 4.265 40 with 10 lbs ankleweights on Id say he would make it. :aaaaa5

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Re: High School freshman to go Pro.

Post by The Riepo Man »

Is this a joke or am I just really confused?

Let's see....He sounds like a "manchild" like you stated but I doubt many NFL teams would want to take a chance on a 15yo no matter how good he seems. If he goes to the NFL and make millions of dollars he will have to hope that he never experiences a career ending injury(or one that affects his play)...and...if he had an injury that ends his career then he is screwed. He would have an 8-9th grade education, he would have to pay to go back to high school or try and get his G.E.D. but that would affect how colleges would look at him and probably cost him a good amount of money. If he isn't able to get his G.E.D. then whats he gonna do? He won't be able to get a decent job.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Ralph dont need school , you cant hurt him. He is one tough son of a Voo-Doo Queen!

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Sounds like Boobie Miles to me

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

The sad thing is, boilermaker is probably being serious.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I hope no one thinks this is serious. Remember how well it went for Mo Clarett when he tried to force his way into the NFL early?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

boilermaker wrote:This not official yet . Ralph Whittington the manchild from Wellston is thinking about skipping High School and College and going strait to the NFL. Ralph needs to support his mother in Louisanna and feed all his pet Gators in the swamp. I will try and talk him out of it but cant balme him if he goes.
6'4 235 lbs and runs a 4.265 40 with 10 lbs ankleweights on Id say he would make it. :aaaaa5

With those stats maybe he should look into track. If he's so good, why don't I remember his name from the Minford game?

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

IRONFALCON wrote:
boilermaker wrote:This not official yet . Ralph Whittington the manchild from Wellston is thinking about skipping High School and College and going strait to the NFL. Ralph needs to support his mother in Louisanna and feed all his pet Gators in the swamp. I will try and talk him out of it but cant balme him if he goes.

With those stats maybe he should look into track. If he's so good, why don't I remember his name from the Minford game?

He's one of those people who has potential out the wazoo but once he steps foot on the field he disappears amongst the crowd...thats what it sounds like to me

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

I've got a problem with people saying that going pro is bad. . . .you are the dumbest people i've ever talked to. . . .are you stupid enough to believe they don't sign a contract. . you can't be this stupid. . to possibly believe a college education is worth an nfl contract. . . only an infant mind could not conceptualize the fact that a one year contract pays more than enough for a four year degree in any Major Professional Sport, so therefore go and play two years. . make 200,000 minimum. . . get your leg hacked off. . (they have insurance too dummy) and then go to harvard law

i don't think they should stop college players from leaving anytime they want, or highschoolers for that matter. . . .but I really haven't seen anyone able to perform at a high level like that besides a coupla hockey kids. .

anyways. . as far as this kid or whatever i really don't care. . i just don't think (if this were even possible) that anyone would want to or should want to talk a kid out of that. . but it is an issue in NBA

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Reasons why that last post was utterly moronic:

1) You aren't talking to us...you are typing but whatever
2) He is a freaking high school freshman...no college will accept a kid with a 8-9th grade education
3) A college education is worth a HELL of a lot more to the vast, overwhelming majority of people
4) Do you not comprehend how hard it is to be accepted into Harvard Law School? REALLY HARD!!! Impossible for a kid with
an 8-9th grade education.
5) Players with college degrees make 20-30% more
6) The average salary for a rookie was barely over $190,000 a year...money he doesnt really work for
7) No one said they didn't sign a contract

The list goes on and on....

Note on #6: Pro players are highly overpaid IMO...all they do is run around catching footballs, shooting hoops, and hitting rubber cylinders with sticks and get paid millions of dollars...I think nurses, police officers, and firefighters should get paid a million dollars a year...makes a hell of a lot more sense to me

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

190,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. . .
you could buy a house and a corvette and work at mcdonald's for the rest of your life and more than likely be richer than you ever will be. . . . .

and P.S. . . if this kid can't get a GED he is a complete moron. . .even the kids in the "slow" classes can pass that

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

not to be mistaken for the fact that i don't actually believe this kid is anything but a wish. . . well maybe my son one day, if i married Starla from the napoleon dynamite movie

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Geeze guys, settle down... Even if this guy WERE being serious, no person can go onto the NFL until he has gone through three years of college. There are a couple bylaws to this, but it requires experience after high school. Long of the short is that this kid could be better than any NFL player at his position at this very moment, but as long as he doesn't have three years of college under his belt, he's not going anywhere.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

$190,000....Lets see....subtract the cost of the house($30,000-to any price really)...subtract $50,000+ for the corvette...subtract auto/house/health insurance...subtract taxes for the rest of his life...subtract un-needed expenses........OH YEAH he is literally set for life :roll:

I highly doubt this kid wants to live in a really cheap house(one that costs less than his car) and make minimum wage while working at McDonalds for the rest of his life

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Is this kid even real? Either way it has really generated some hilarious responses

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

def not real

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

darn...i was hoping he was

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

Guys, I know the post is a joke, but the NFL minimum salary is somewhere around $650,000 for full-time rostered players (not taxi-squad, etc.).

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

I cant believe that anyone would begin to think this is real. Christ Bill Brasky doesnt run a 4.2.

meigs_62_189
Freshman Team

Post by meigs_62_189 »

i dont ever remember hearing this kids name in the meigs game. maybe he was a beast in the j.v. game or something

Return to “Football”