Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ironton will be lucky to go 5-5 this season......

BURGerBoy
Waterboy

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by BURGerBoy »

BURGerBoy wrote:Burg 56 ironton 0.

Dead serious prediction.
2 months later almost, I guess I was too confident. We only got it to 49-0 w our backups versus starters. Sorry for bad prediction!

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

you ironton people aren't getting the best athletes from all over gods country anymore. Gallia academy in the same boat good luck

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is Logan and Ironton playing each other next week

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Great job Pirates...
No need to beat on the tigers on here.
These young men have to put it together and should not be kicked while they are down.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:Is Logan and Ironton playing each other next week
Be a good one. :lol: :lol: But I would bet money on Ironton at the present time. :D

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The Pirates took the Tigers to the wood shed and delivered an old fashioned gridiron whoopin. The Burg is better than the Pirate fans thought they are and the Tigers are nowhere near as good as the Tiger fans thought they are. The Tigers will enter OVC play without a win. A 5-5 season is 50/50 at best. No effort means no heart. I never thought I would ever say that about a Tiger team but it needs to be said.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

So much to be said but so little to be done.
Wheelersburg is the cream of the crop in SE Ohio.
Congrads Pirates for a great win.
Ironton needs change period.
They can not block nor pass or run.
They can not tackle or defend the pass.
Play calling can not even be graded from such a performance.
Where and what does Ironton do from here ???????????????????
Who knows who can say.
But the Pirates did early what was needed and it could have been worse than it was.
Congrads pirates on a great win.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I'm at a loss for words. Ironton was confused the entire night. I'm thinking a change needs to happen. Time will tell.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Does this mean there will be no rematch in the playoffs? I don't think I can go a whole year without a 19 page thread.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

P(irate) wrote:Does this mean there will be no rematch in the playoffs? I don't think I can go a whole year without a 19 page thread.
Lol

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I still can't believe the burg was able to defeat the best 6th grade team Ironton ever assembled

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

One last thing. 9 games will have a running clock. Not a doubt in my mind after this tonight.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

JTEK wrote:I still can't believe the burg was able to defeat the best 6th grade team Ironton ever assembled
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You made me a liar TEK.

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

I'm speechless also. Almost all Tiger fans are. This team was in no way prepared. They were completely lost from opening kickoff. The burg on the other hand was a fine tuned machine from the first drive.

S2H
Waterboy

Post by S2H »

I have looked at this site often over the past couple years to gain insight about local teams in Southeastern Ohio and have resisted the urge to post anything until this point. Just so everyone knows my roots, I have family that live in Ironton, and grew up with my grandpa listening to the tigers on the radio every Friday night. I was shocked to see all the Ironton posters this summer writing praises for a team that had yet to be on the field and prove anything. I'm no fortune teller but I have been watching high school football for a lot of years and one thing year over year that seems to make good teams great is experience and tradition. Ironton graduated a ton of seniors last year, and while maybe that group didn't have as much 'talent, heart, or chemistry' as some people on here said, that was a group of mostly 18 and sometimes 19 year olds going against a lot of teams that had 15, 16, and 17 year olds getting big time reps.. That's a huge difference in terms of strength. As tradition goes, well, tradition is only as good as the last handful of years and once you get in that four year range without it, it's tough for the younger kids to 'get it.' Right now Wheelersburg has it and Ironton doesn't. I hated reading all the predictions from the Ironton faithful because it was honestly unfair to this group of kids. You graduate a huge group of seniors and then expect this group to be better immediately, game 1.. because they have 'chemistry??' Come on. Talent ebbs and it flows, right now it's not in Ironton's favor, one day it will be again. I give props to the Wheelersburg program because they have built an organization that has been able to thrive year over year in an area that has largely been unable to produce top notch football teams in recent history (before everyone gets defensive I know Valley, Ironton, Chilli, etc have had good programs in that time span.) My point is if you look at recent history, Wheelersburg has been as much or more consistent with the same resources as everyone else. I do believe Ironton will get back there, but guess what.. it's not the coaches fault, it's not the parents fault, its not the schools fault.. a lot of it falls on the kids to do the WORK and sheer talent. work you can teach, talent is tough to teach. I know people complain that Lutz is gone, but I hate to say it... he wouldn't have been able to do that much better over the last couple years either. Not only has the talent pool shrunk but the game has changed too. The talent has fallen off, its ok to admit it. Give these teenage kids a break, they play their hearts out for the love of the game and their school only to have to live up to the expectations of people that get on here and trash talk about the 'glory days.' I give credit to both of these storied programs because they continue to play this rivalry game out of conference no matter what and ultimately this type of game is what will get Ironton back to the type of team all the posters on here want them to be and keep the pirates at the top of their game. Good luck pirates and tigers the rest of the way and God bless.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great win Pirates!!!! Looks like they just might be a passing team after all. Dyer threw for 264 and 5 TD's. Pretty impressive for his first start at QB.

Any questions Burg fans had about the QB spot just got answered tonight. Lowery played well when he was in there also. Not a bad problem to have two capable QB's on your roster that can throw a TD pass on any given play or run for a TD on any given play.

Probably one of the better receiving corps I've ever seen at Burg. Bivens, Doerr and Holden are all capable of turning a 5 yard pass into a 75 yard TD and all three are capable of getting behind the defense before they know it. They will be fun to watch.

As for Ironton!!!! They looked like a pee wee team out there with all of the holding and they were all legit. They had no answer for the Burg's front four on that first series which led to all of the penalties. Could be a long season for the Tigers.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

any word from IBTT yet?

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Red rover red rover...send IBTT on over.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

P(irate) wrote:Does this mean there will be no rematch in the playoffs? I don't think I can go a whole year without a 19 page thread.
Your just pure Class aren't you.
The Pirates won a game and won with little problem.
But you just are the cream of the crop with your pleasure of young men being beat soundly.
I will be the first to admit Ironton fans a few still live in the past but most respect Wheelersburg and admit and root for them to represent South East Ohio well and bring home a State Championship.
But a simple fact like it or not these are High School kids playing a game for everyone to cheer for.
Yes Ironton has a few fans that bother people but one thing for sure being to big to admit they was beat by a better team was rarely a problem.
You have a very good program and very talented team but be gracious in a win please.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.

Return to “Football”