Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Simple poll: Who wins the game?

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its official: Nelsonville-York beats Alexander 53-0 ... Athens defeates Wellston 36-7.

Both teams are 9-0 heading into next Friday's game.

NYFan54
Varsity

Re: Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Post by NYFan54 »

This will obviously be an absolute barn burner, just like the past 3 years have been.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I think the score will be closer to Nelsonville-York's defensive average than its offensive average. This will be the second time NY is held under 40 this year., and they may be held under 20. Athens could be held under 20 too. It will be a defensive game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

NY 27
Athens 21

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Not delaying my prediction at all on this one. NY will leave Athens the victor, by at least two scores.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Great job Bucks!! Bring on those bull puppies!!

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

This will be one of the biggest sporting events in the history of Athens County. Have two Athens County teams ever entered week 10 at 9-0, playing for the league title?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm just glad they both made it to 9-0 ... Ive spent over a week now building them their own web page for this match-up on trivalleyconference.com ... its pretty cool - but it won't be uploaded until I get all the stats from tonights games.

As far back as I can remember - I have always felt like I "knew" what team was going to win in any football game, whether it be NFL, college or high school ... But I can honestly say that I have no idea who is going to win this game week 10.

buckeye_nut
Waterboy

Post by buckeye_nut »

As a fan, I hope we all realize how lucky we are to have two unbeaten teams this late in the season.....and they get to play each other, are you kidding me...as a fan, this has been a great season. PLAYERS........dont take what you have done this year for granted....this could be the greatest game in the history of the TVC and all of southeastern ohio.congratulatins to both teams, coaches, and schools. How can you pick a winner in this one......BUCKEYES 28 ATHENS 27

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Even though both teams will play week 11, someone is going home next week 9-1 without a league title and extremely disappointed. I can't wait! However this game turns out both teams have a lot to be proud of this season, good luck to both teams and hopefully they both come out of it healthy.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

This game won't even be close. As I've said for the last 3 weeks, mark my word: N-Y will win by 3 td's

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I think NY wins.. Athens has a good team, but NY is better...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

javagt wrote:I think NY wins.. Athens has a good team, but NY is better...
Have you seen either team play javagt? I mean, its an honest question ... Ive been hearing and seeing about how one team is better than the other all night (via radio call in show and on SEOPS) and it seems funny a lot of the people chattering havn't seen Athens or NY play that much ... Its one thing if you have seen each team play at least once - that's a fair assesment ... But to not have seen either team play at all is kind of ridiculous if your saying one is better than the other.

Those of us who are lucky enough to have Nelsonville TV cable - and watched all the Athens & NY games this year - probably won't make a prediction or say one team is better than the other ... Because we know - its just too close to call.

Seeing NY blow-out Logan in person had me thinking the Buckeyes had the upper hand, after watching Athens just punish Meigs a week later had me thinking differently ... Until I came to the conclusion that neither team was superior and that week 10 was gonna be awesome to watch unfold.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

45-10 Ny . have seen athens at Gallipolis and Warren small victories , Ny defense is just to much

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Have you seen either team play javagt? I mean, its an honest question ... Ive been hearing and seeing about how one team is better than the other all night (via radio call in show and on SEOPS) and it seems funny a lot of the people chattering havn't seen Athens or NY play that much ... Its one thing if you have seen each team play at least once - that's a fair assesment ... But to not have seen either team play at all is kind of ridiculous if your saying one is better than the other.

Those of us who are lucky enough to have Nelsonville TV cable - and watched all the Athens & NY games this year - probably won't make a prediction or say one team is better than the other ... Because we know - its just too close to call.

Seeing NY blow-out Logan in person had me thinking the Buckeyes had the upper hand, after watching Athens just punish Meigs a week later had me thinking differently ... Until I came to the conclusion that neither team was superior and that week 10 was gonna be awesome to watch unfold.

I definitely agree 93Bulldog, The week 10 Matchup between Nelsonville-York and Athens Bulldogs is gonna be a classic. Both Strong defenses. Both crazy running attacks. I can't wait for friday to see this game! Definitley a must see game of the week!

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

This game is NOT a blowout. Both team mirror each other. If and I mean if there is any advantage, it is the game being played at Athens. That is just a minut one though.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

93Bulldog wrote:

I did see Athens vs Warren .. Athens is good ... I like their running game and their Lb's made the difference in that game. I just think NY is better. Also, I hope Athens wins. My Granddaughter is a Athens cheerlearer!

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

I grew up with this group of seniors and still talk with some of them reguraly and they are truly an outstanding group of kids. They have their heads on straight and are living their lives right. My junior or senior win or lose we would usually pound alot of beers friday night, and spend all day saturday drinking and watching ncaa football. This class spends their saturdays lifting, working out and watching films. Most go to church and attend youth groups. That right there says alot about them. They have had a hell of a run starting back in elementary clear up until now and its sad knowing their time is almost up playing for Nelsonville-York. Some say they havent been challenged this year but they have, they are just able to come out with the mindset everygame that they will be the better team, theyll hit harder, run harder, block better, throw better, kick better etc. I honestly see this Athens game being the same as every other week, the score may be a tinybit closer NY will still dominate every aspect of the game friday night. This team really is something special theyre more than just teammates and i feel privileged to have been able to watch them grow into what they have become. With that being said NY 34 Athens 13. Go Buckeyes

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

bucks_09 wrote:I grew up with this group of seniors and still talk with some of them reguraly and they are truly an outstanding group of kids. They have their heads on straight and are living their lives right. My junior or senior win or lose we would usually pound alot of beers friday night, and spend all day saturday drinking and watching ncaa football. This class spends their saturdays lifting, working out and watching films. Most go to church and attend youth groups. That right there says alot about them. They have had a hell of a run starting back in elementary clear up until now and its sad knowing their time is almost up playing for Nelsonville-York. Some say they havent been challenged this year but they have, they are just able to come out with the mindset everygame that they will be the better team, theyll hit harder, run harder, block better, throw better, kick better etc. I honestly see this Athens game being the same as every other week, the score may be a tinybit closer NY will still dominate every aspect of the game friday night. This team really is something special theyre more than just teammates and i feel privileged to have been able to watch them grow into what they have become. With that being said NY 34 Athens 13. Go Buckeyes
FANOSPORTS wrote:This game won't even be close. As I've said for the last 3 weeks, mark my word: N-Y will win by 3 td's
Hey, wait a minute "bucks 09", I already picked this spread earlier.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Hell il make it 41 to 13 then.

Return to “Football”