D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11-0)

ironman02
SEOP

D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11-0)

Post by ironman02 »

Division IV - Region 15 Semifinal - Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11-0)

Ironton (7-4)

8/26 H Wheelersburg (7-3) [5:19] W 42-13
9/2 H Russell (KY) (6-4) [4:0] W 20-14
9/9 H Chillicothe (3-7) [2:7] W 42-0
9/16 A Ashland Blazer (KY) (8-2) [2:0] L 6-28
9/23 A Gallia Academy (6-4) [3:12] W 6-0
9/30 A Jonathan Alder (10-0) [3:12] L 0-17
10/7 H Jackson (10-0) [3:12] L 22-28
10/14 A Bishop Hartley (9-0) [4:14] L 16-34
10/21 H Simon Kenton (KY) (2-8) [1:0] W 28-20
10/28 H Portsmouth (3-7) [4:15] W 30-14
11/5 A Amanda Clearcreek (8-2) [4:15] W 12-9

Johnstown-Monroe (11-0)

8/26 A Granville (9-1) [3:11] W 38-29
9/2 H Heath (3-7) [4:15] W 34-19
9/9 A Lakewood (1-9) [3:11] W 56-13
9/16 A Centerburg (8-2) [5:19] W 35-17
9/23 H Loudonville (5-5) [5:19] W 56-35
9/30 H Fredericktown (5-5) [5:19] W 41-7
10/7 A Utica (2-8) [4:15] W 56-28
10/14 H Danville (7-3) [6:23] W 56-15
10/21 A East Knox (1-9) [5:19] W 62-20
10/28 H Northridge (3-7) [4:15] W 70-0
11/5 H Indian Valley (7-3) [4:15] W 42-21

Thoughts on this matchup?

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11

Post by jottings »

Where's the game being played?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jottings,

Won't know until tomorrow afternoon.

Some of the Ironton fans might have been able to get an idea from their AD, so maybe they can help out.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Prediction: Ironton 28 - Johnstown 20

(Johnnies just haven't played the schedule and this will play into the Tigers favor in the end, IF they can hold onto the football).

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

They will probably play either in Logan or Nelsonville... :122246

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

The Tigers can beat anybody If they can hold onto the ball. That almost cost them last night and it cost them 2 during the season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i would think jackson may be an option as well. like cannon said we hold onto the ball, quit carrying it like a loaf of bread. we are going to be a very hard out with this schedule we've played we are gonna be really to beat.we must get dion outside more.and has anybody heard anything definitive about nick culbertson.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I only remember it costing us one game. Ashland, but I still say that we probably might have lost that one anyway without the fumbles. It is what it is. I don't understand what the problem is. Trevor and Dion have never fumbled til this season. Thing is they all have done it this season. Trevor, Dion, Hager, Kratz, Patrick, and Tanner. It's the craziest thing I have ever seen.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I've heard Logan, Nelsonville and Jackson ... Why not split the difference and bring it to Athens? There has been a lot of coverage on The Plains and Athens High School recovering from the tornado that hit last fall - wouldn't be surprised if the OHSAA cashes in on the situation and awards Athens a playoff football game ... Parking may have been a little problem for the huge match-ups of local teams in week 10 and 11 - but I think there is plenty for a week 12 game between two teams 2+ hours away from Athens Ohio.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

Ironton wins again..hope the game is in Jackson

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I know last night the second fumble Trevor had, he had the ball covered up they darn near took his head off and there was no flag thrown. Michael Lawless even went and questioned why there was no flag for face mask and they said there was none. Funny I don't know how the kid's arm was wrapped clear around his helmet, how do ya do that without touching the facemask. Also his helmet was taken off his head on that one.

I know one thing I am sick to death of grown men sitting in the stands talking crap about these kids. I know they have not played perfect all season, but dang there are parents sitting all around while they run their mouths. The kids are hard enough on themselves. I mean really? Do you really think they like when they fumble? It is hard enough on us parents to watch it let alone have to hear all the wanna be coaches in the stands run their mouths. And for those of you who think this Momma is gonna keep quiet while ya talk crap about my kid or anyone else's ya gotta another think coming. These are kids, this ain't college or pro and even the big boys fumble the ball. It is a part of the game. Instead of y'all running your mouths, why don't ya try pulling one of them aside and encouraging them. To just keep harping on it and talking trash about them is'nt gonna do a thing!

catfan4ever
Waterboy

Post by catfan4ever »

I'm only familiar with the Johnstown team from what little I read about them in the paper. The league they play in wasn't very good ( Fredricktown was down ). I saw them play 2X last season, in week one they killed Granville and in week two, Heath beat them in a very good game. This team returned most of that team. They have a running back that has run for 2000 yds for two years in a row. They aren't as fast as the Heath team that Ironton played 2 yrs ago but are probably more physical. I don't know who wins but the ball will see the air very little and I expect a very quick game. Johnstwon does play on an artificial turf field and they have a very large band for a D.IV H.S. This game will most likely be a low scoring affair.
You can read about last nights game on www.newarkadvocate.com

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

86Tiger wrote:I know last night the second fumble Trevor had, he had the ball covered up they darn near took his head off and there was no flag thrown. Michael Lawless even went and questioned why there was no flag for face mask and they said there was none. Funny I don't know how the kid's arm was wrapped clear around his helmet, how do ya do that without touching the facemask. Also his helmet was taken off his head on that one.

I know one thing I am sick to death of grown men sitting in the stands talking crap about these kids. I know they have not played perfect all season, but dang there are parents sitting all around while they run their mouths. The kids are hard enough on themselves. I mean really? Do you really think they like when they fumble? It is hard enough on us parents to watch it let alone have to hear all the wanna be coaches in the stands run their mouths. And for those of you who think this Momma is gonna keep quiet while ya talk crap about my kid or anyone else's ya gotta another think coming. These are kids, this ain't college or pro and even the big boys fumble the ball. It is a part of the game. Instead of y'all running your mouths, why don't ya try pulling one of them aside and encouraging them. To just keep harping on it and talking trash about them is'nt gonna do a thing!
It is one thing to say fumbles will cost the Tigers and another to criticize a player. I was a running back and know what it is like to fumble. You feel like crap. Mere observation of a problem that has plagued the Tigers all year is not criticism, it is true. I agree with the personal comments. The kids feel bad enough on their own. No need to pile on.

PUNKUNHEAD
Riding the Bench

Post by PUNKUNHEAD »

86Tiger wrote:I know last night the second fumble Trevor had, he had the ball covered up they darn near took his head off and there was no flag thrown. Michael Lawless even went and questioned why there was no flag for face mask and they said there was none. Funny I don't know how the kid's arm was wrapped clear around his helmet, how do ya do that without touching the facemask. Also his helmet was taken off his head on that one.

some people tend to forget,that te same kids that fumble the ball,get called for penaltys etc....are the same kids that got you to where you are right now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if this was intended for me, i'm not badmouthing anybody. i not only been there as a player but have done some coaching as well.i refuse to talk ill about a high schooler, and will tell you right now i'm not. and fundamentals are fundamentals.just as tackling is wrapping somebody up, blockers cannot pass block downfield, you can't interfere with a reciever. and a back has a responsibily to hold onto the ball, it's that simple. everybody realizes these are kids, but more importantly they are young men. yes they make mistakes , the whole team does, the staff does, the band does, everybody does.but it is learning from those mistakes and not repeating them.and i was one that offered advice, and praise, i was turned away.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

with that said, no one player ever wins or loses a ballgame, they are won/lost as a team.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I'm hearing this game will be at Hamilton Township.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well then poo poo.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:if this was intended for me, i'm not badmouthing anybody. i not only been there as a player but have done some coaching as well.i refuse to talk ill about a high schooler, and will tell you right now i'm not. and fundamentals are fundamentals.just as tackling is wrapping somebody up, blockers cannot pass block downfield, you can't interfere with a reciever. and a back has a responsibily to hold onto the ball, it's that simple. everybody realizes these are kids, but more importantly they are young men. yes they make mistakes , the whole team does, the staff does, the band does, everybody does.but it is learning from those mistakes and not repeating them.and i was one that offered advice, and praise, i was turned away.
I believe it was for someone on another Post Bait where he made a statement calling White a name which is totally uncalled for.
Ironton does need to protect the ball better but there are times even when you protect it you may still lose it.
I wasn't there to see the fumble only heard it on the radio and unless someone is there in person then they need not criticize the play or call them names.
This is a High school team people not college not pro these young men are doing their best they beat a very good AC team and advanced that was the goal.
If you need to resort to calling these young men names then you are not only classless but ignorant
And there is no need to have a supporter like you.
I do not care who you are but to point out and criticize these players is flat out wrong.
And I agree with 86 Tiger and they have not only a right but a responsibility to defend their child.

crafty left-hander
Freshman Team

Post by crafty left-hander »

Where is Hamilton township?

Return to “Football”