Best Programs in Southeastern Ohio

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Re: Best Programs in Southeastern Ohio

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

if you are going to take class into consideration, then you have to put burg at the top. the show class to their opposition.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
grizzlynatural wrote:So if you've had a state title in the past 100 years that automatically makes you eligable to be in the top programs list? I assumed when i first read the thread that it meant best programs in SEO RIGHT NOW, not since 1776. Wasnt Portsmouth good once or something? Nobody has mentioned them. Yeah, they havent been good for a long time, but neither has Ironton and they are at the top of the list for best program for most poeple. I wouldnt say a program is the best program because they have a state title from 25 years ago considering the only place where things are the same (except for the winning part) is at Ironton.

Just another way to give people a chance to give SOME kind of reason as to why they are better than Logan. :lol:

Havn't been good in a long time hmmm. Have you compared Logans record with Irontons since 2000. The wins and losses are pretty comparable with the exception of when it comes playoff time.

Here's some actuall facts for you, not just blowing smoke.

IRONTON
2000's..........Regular Season 69-20......Playoffs 9-8......Overall 78-28
LOGAN
2000's..........Regular Season 72-18......Playoffs 3-5......Overall 75-23

IRONTON
Playoffs 8 of the 9 years record 9-8
LOGAN
Playoffs 5 OF 9 years record 3-5

IRONTON
Past the 1st round 7 of the 9 years
LOGAN
Past the first round 2 of the 5 years

IRONTON
2000 Made it to the Regional Final and lost to Newark Licking Valley 7 10
2001 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to Portsmouth 27 35
2002 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to Portsmouth 20-35
2003 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to Bellaire 14-20
2004 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to New Albany 0-10
2005 Made it to the Regional Final and lost to Bellaire 28-34 3OT
2006 Lost to Westfall first round 35-42
2007 Did not make the Playoffs
2008 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to New Lexington 6-38

LOGAN
2000 Made it to the Regional Finals lost to Upper Arlington 13-45
2001 Lost to Dublin Coffman first round 14-20
2002 Did not make the playoffs
2003 Did not make the playoffs
2004 Did not make the playoffs
2005 Did not make the playoffs
2006 Lost to Hilliard Davidson first round 8-38
2007 Lost to Tri-Valley first round 26-31
2008 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to Louisville 0-7

SEOAL League Champs
Ironton 0 for 3
Logan 7 for 9

So do you still think IRONTON hasn't been any good for a long time?

Wheelersburg

2000 5-5 5-6 Lost in first round to Minford 28-0
2001 6-4 6-5 Lost in first round to Cincinnati Reading 39-31
2002 5-5 Did not make Playoffs
2003 8-2 9-3 Lost in Regional Semis to Sarahsville Shenandoah 28-14
2004 9-1 11-2 Lost in Regional Finals to Amanda CC 27-25
2005 8-2 8-3 Lost first round to Centerburg 17-10
2006 6-4 Did not make Playoffs
2007 7-3 8-4 Lost in Regional Semis to Fredericktown 41-38 OT
2008 9-1 10-2 Lost in Regional Semis to Liberty Union 14-7

Playoff Record
5-7
7 of 9 made playoffs
Past 1st Round 4 of 7

Regular Season Record
63-27

Overall Record
68-34

SOC Champs
03, 04, 05, 07
4 of 9

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

piratepride05 wrote:
OHbuckeye1 wrote:
grizzlynatural wrote:So if you've had a state title in the past 100 years that automatically makes you eligable to be in the top programs list? I assumed when i first read the thread that it meant best programs in SEO RIGHT NOW, not since 1776. Wasnt Portsmouth good once or something? Nobody has mentioned them. Yeah, they havent been good for a long time, but neither has Ironton and they are at the top of the list for best program for most poeple. I wouldnt say a program is the best program because they have a state title from 25 years ago considering the only place where things are the same (except for the winning part) is at Ironton.

Just another way to give people a chance to give SOME kind of reason as to why they are better than Logan. :lol:

Havn't been good in a long time hmmm. Have you compared Logans record with Irontons since 2000. The wins and losses are pretty comparable with the exception of when it comes playoff time.

Here's some actuall facts for you, not just blowing smoke.

IRONTON
2000's..........Regular Season 69-20......Playoffs 9-8......Overall 78-28
LOGAN
2000's..........Regular Season 72-18......Playoffs 3-5......Overall 75-23

IRONTON
Playoffs 8 of the 9 years record 9-8
LOGAN
Playoffs 5 OF 9 years record 3-5

IRONTON
Past the 1st round 7 of the 9 years
LOGAN
Past the first round 2 of the 5 years

IRONTON
2000 Made it to the Regional Final and lost to Newark Licking Valley 7 10
2001 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to Portsmouth 27 35
2002 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to Portsmouth 20-35
2003 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to Bellaire 14-20
2004 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to New Albany 0-10
2005 Made it to the Regional Final and lost to Bellaire 28-34 3OT
2006 Lost to Westfall first round 35-42
2007 Did not make the Playoffs
2008 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to New Lexington 6-38

LOGAN
2000 Made it to the Regional Finals lost to Upper Arlington 13-45
2001 Lost to Dublin Coffman first round 14-20
2002 Did not make the playoffs
2003 Did not make the playoffs
2004 Did not make the playoffs
2005 Did not make the playoffs
2006 Lost to Hilliard Davidson first round 8-38
2007 Lost to Tri-Valley first round 26-31
2008 Made it to the Regional Semi Final lost to Louisville 0-7

SEOAL League Champs
Ironton 0 for 3
Logan 7 for 9

So do you still think IRONTON hasn't been any good for a long time?

Wheelersburg

2000 5-5 5-6 Lost in first round to Minford 28-0
2001 6-4 6-5 Lost in first round to Cincinnati Reading 39-31
2002 5-5 Did not make Playoffs
2003 8-2 9-3 Lost in Regional Semis to Sarahsville Shenandoah 28-14
2004 9-1 11-2 Lost in Regional Finals to Amanda CC 27-25
2005 8-2 8-3 Lost first round to Centerburg 17-10
2006 6-4 Did not make Playoffs
2007 7-3 8-4 Lost in Regional Semis to Fredericktown 41-38 OT
2008 9-1 10-2 Lost in Regional Semis to Liberty Union 14-7

Playoff Record
5-7
7 of 9 made playoffs
Past 1st Round 4 of 7

Regular Season Record
63-27

Overall Record
68-34

SOC Champs
03, 04, 05, 07
4 of 9

5-5 in 2000 and made the playoffs. Now thats a week region.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Orange and Brown wrote:5-5 in 2000 and made the playoffs. Now thats a week region.

More strength of schedule than weak region.

Aug. 25 Ironton Home L 3 - 10 *
Sep. 1 Martins Ferry Away L 15 - 18 *
Sep. 8 Paint Valley Away W 48 - 14
Sep. 15 South Point Home W 23 - 7
Sep. 22 Minford Home L 14 - 24 *
Sep. 29 Russell Away L 28 - 34 *
Oct. 6 Waverly Away W 16 - 14
Oct. 13 Northwest Home W 43 - 14
Oct. 20 West Away W 45 - 24
Oct. 27 Portsmouth Home L 0 - 45 *
Nov. 3 Minford (playoff 1) Away L 0 - 28

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comparable records.............Logan 3-0 in that tenure. Logan is better. Bob is old and washed up, Ironton wont ever beat Logan in football again, Logan and Patrick Angle 59-0.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

grizzlynatural wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comparable records.............Logan 3-0 in that tenure. Logan is better. Bob is old and washed up, Ironton wont ever beat Logan in football again, Logan and Patrick Angle 59-0.

Dude give it a rest. You are making every one in Logan look like jack*****.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

No. Its just here in Logan we now know they arent the world beaters they put on to be for years, that has came to an end. Its taken 3 years for them to catch on but now they have.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

grizzlynatural wrote:No. Its just here in Logan we now know they arent the world beaters they put on to be for years, that has came to an end. Its taken 3 years for them to catch on but now they have.

So you speak for the hole county, cool!!
Were you elected to speak for Hocking county or was there some other system set up to desinate a person to speak?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

grizzlynatural wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again is a really long time, grizzly :lol:

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Well, when they cant beat teams they quit playing them. They cant win league and they tuck tail. They no longer play the Desales either.......

If you cant beat them then quit playing them so they dont beat you anymore then toot about the times that you actually did win. The ol'process of scheduling in Ironton.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

OH MY GOSH!!!

Put the Logan/Ironton debate to rest.

You are both outstanding programs, let it go already.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I am so sick of hereing about Logan and Ironton.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

IMO, as far as Ironton goes it's probably been the best program over the last 35 years and helped keep Southeastern Ohip football on the map and had some of the best support from alumni past and present as anyone with not the best in facilities and monies available to work with. Logan on the other hand has been the best overall program for probably the last 5 to 10 years and are one of the only SEO programs continuosly growing both in population (people moving in as it is slowly becoming a bedroom community for Columbus) and net worth (developments are popping up on a lot of the previously undeveloped land and with that comes a bigger tax base). In the sports arena however, Logan needs to move to another league as they are so much bigger than anyone in the current SEOAL and a move to the MVL would be no better as everyone on here is talking about how games with New Lex and Sheridan would be interesting but you're still looking at playing against Div. III and IV schools. How is that going to help you ? They need to get in the OCC Ohio division with Lancaster, Groveport Madison, Newark, Grove City, Gahanna, Pickerington and Reynoldsburg to see how they would fare against equal competition. If that were to happen though, my gut feeling is that it would be the same results as when Chillicothe was in the OCC prior to joining the SEOAL , "NOT VERY GOOD". Everyone need not pick on Ironton because they, like Gallipolis, Portsmouth, Meigs, Chillicothe and others have been losing population and jobs for years and keep dropping in size every few years. If these schools had not gotten smaller it may have been many more years before a lot of other schools would have been able to "compete" with them on a yearly basis as they do now.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

I, for the most part agree with you, except that Chillicothe is different than Logan in a lot of ways. Yes, Chillicothe was a weak member of the OCC, but (not to insult anyone at Chilli) they have proven to be only a slightly above average (overall) SEOAL athletic program. Logan is one of the best teams in almost every sport, a tiny bit better than Chilli, and unlike Chilli, the school district is growing at a very fast rate. Logan, as of right now, would compete in football, Girls Bball, Boys track, Soccer, Wrestling, Bowling, and softball. They would be competent in baseball, boys bball, Girls soccer and track.

I think the big problem Logan would have in the OCC is as far as distance and the costs that come with traveling. Chillicothe had this same problem. For Logan, it would probably mean traveling shorter distances than they do now, but the OCC schools probably dont want to take an hour fifteen trip when most of their trips are twenty minutes.
The two areas are still too different

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

wowhesfast wrote:I, for the most part agree with you, except that Chillicothe is different than Logan in a lot of ways. Yes, Chillicothe was a weak member of the OCC, but (not to insult anyone at Chilli) they have proven to be only a slightly above average (overall) SEOAL athletic program. Logan is one of the best teams in almost every sport, a tiny bit better than Chilli, and unlike Chilli, the school district is growing at a very fast rate. Logan, as of right now, would compete in football, Girls Bball, Boys track, Soccer, Wrestling, Bowling, and softball. They would be competent in baseball, boys bball, Girls soccer and track.
I think the big problem Logan would have in the OCC is as far as distance and the costs that come with traveling. Chillicothe had this same problem. For Logan, it would probably mean traveling shorter distances than they do now, but the OCC schools probably dont want to take an hour fifteen trip when most of their trips are twenty minutes.

If i were as savvy as the rest of ya on your Windows 95 i'd reply simply with the little clappin hands. Great post.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

grizzlynatural wrote:
wowhesfast wrote:I, for the most part agree with you, except that Chillicothe is different than Logan in a lot of ways. Yes, Chillicothe was a weak member of the OCC, but (not to insult anyone at Chilli) they have proven to be only a slightly above average (overall) SEOAL athletic program. Logan is one of the best teams in almost every sport, a tiny bit better than Chilli, and unlike Chilli, the school district is growing at a very fast rate. Logan, as of right now, would compete in football, Girls Bball, Boys track, Soccer, Wrestling, Bowling, and softball. They would be competent in baseball, boys bball, Girls soccer and track.

If i were as savvy as the rest of ya on your Windows 95 i'd reply simply with the little clappin hands. Great post.

I think that's Irontons biggest problem with being in the SEOAL, travel and cost. When you add up all of the travel and costs for all sports not just football it really gets expensive. When you depend on schools to bring decent crowds to your home games and it doesn't happen (which has been a problem since rejoining the League)it really hurts the schools coffers, in turn you lose alot of money that you just can't afford to lose. I wish it was different and we could stay in the League but you can't stay in a League and continue losing money every year.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

On a smaller scale Nelsonville-York and probably Wheelersburg have to be in the debate with Ironton as the top 3 overall. No one has been more consistent than NY, 'Burg, and Ironton. When I was in school a little DIV (almost DV) beat Logan (DI at the time) 3 out of the 4 years I was there. Then after I graduated NY went to DV. Logan definitely has turned it around since the Conrad boys went through (who both played youth league football at NY). Other than that schools like Jackson, Portsmouth West, Trimble & some others have had their years, but I am not sure of the consistency.

How many 4-6 or worse records have each schools had in their history? I know since Nelsonville-York consolidated they have only had one 4-6 record since 1970ish (2000 I think) and one or two 5-5 seasons. Now that's pretty impressive. I have a personal bias against Ironton because of the allegations that they used to recruit WV to go to Ironton during a lot of those successful years. I know Wheelersburg has a ton of league titles (as does NY) and playoff appearances.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

How many league titles does Burg and NY have?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:On a smaller scale Nelsonville-York and probably Wheelersburg have to be in the debate with Ironton as the top 3 overall. No one has been more consistent than NY, 'Burg, and Ironton. When I was in school a little DIV (almost DV) beat Logan (DI at the time) 3 out of the 4 years I was there. Then after I graduated NY went to DV. Logan definitely has turned it around since the Conrad boys went through (who both played youth league football at NY). Other than that schools like Jackson, Portsmouth West, Trimble & some others have had their years, but I am not sure of the consistency.

How many 4-6 or worse records have each schools had in their history? I know since Nelsonville-York consolidated they have only had one 4-6 record since 1970ish (2000 I think) and one or two 5-5 seasons. Now that's pretty impressive. I have a personal bias against Ironton because of the allegations that they used to recruit WV to go to Ironton during a lot of those successful years. I know Wheelersburg has a ton of league titles (as does NY) and playoff appearances.

I can't recall anyone coming from West Virginia to play football at Ironton and I went to school during those hay days 78-81 football seasons. Anyhow, I agree with your top 3 as far as being consistant over the long haul.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

I am going to go with Burg....

Also in terms or support from fans and community, Valley is up there.

GAHS also has very loyal fans...

At one time Jackson was fierce, but in the last few years they have lost their "fear factor" as far as I am concerned.

Return to “Football”