Tri Valley Conference Ohio votes against Jackson

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Tri Valley Conference Ohio votes against Jackson

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Topic in Football, Basketball and Baseball Forums (My opinion posted on Basketball thread)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Old news

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

I think if Jackson was in the TVC they would absolutely dominate....end of discussion

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

See my post in Basketball

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

JacksonI wrote:I think if Jackson was in the TVC they would absolutely dominate....end of discussion

Would you really want them in the TVC?

Thank god the mighty Jackson Ironmen aren't going to be in the TVC!!!!!!!
The whole leage would tuck tale and run :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

That is exactly why you voted no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still can't believe Vinton County voted no. I guess too many butt kickings in football the past couple of years.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Let's take a look at Athens. The last time I looked Athens was in first for the all sports trophy and had a handful of TVC championships. Now is the TVC going to come up to Athens level, a level that usually had Athens near the bottom in most sports in the SEOAL? I doubt it. I see Athens dropping to the level of the rest of the TVC.

VC and others do not want any school Jackson, Warren, Marietta, Gallia etc because they have it pretty good right now. They play the TVC schedule and dominate in basketball and play a couple of semi tough non-conference games and go to the seed meeting at 16-2 or 15-1 and get a good seed. They play one game sectional and go to the Convo. If theyare lucky enough they play a four or five seed from the other sectional in the District and can have a rather easy route to the District Final where they can play a good game and maybe go to the regional. It is a good gig if you can get it and recently VC has it and don't want anyone to rain on their parade.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

As "The Wizard" said in the previous message, I also see Athens in a few years dropping "down to the level of competition played" just as Meigs did year's ago and at that point, there is no where else to hide.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Well if Athens drops down to NY's leval then they are doing pretty good. Athens has had a good track/cross country, wrestling,soccer, and baseball programs throughout the years and they will not drop off. As far as every one thinking that the TVC is some how below the SEAOL I can't really say anything that will change there minds.
(We can't be that bad Jackson wanted in.) The TVC is a conference for small schools so that means we can't always compete with the big boys.(V.C and Athens D-3 the rest 4,5, and 6)
But hey....Here in TVC land we are happy with our leage and don't really care what others think!!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

jackson would thump you and your league. no disrespect just the flat out truth. i would vote no to. if i were in the tvc :idea:

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I do not think that Jackson would dominate Nelsonville in football. It would be a good game every year. It would be similar to years past when NY used to play Logan every year. It was a pretty even series even with Logan at DI and NY at DIV. I remember a 9-0 NY vs 9-0 Jackson back in '94 do you remember the score?

But I do have to say that the TVC as a whole is down a little bit. I am not sure why, it seems like they have talent but for some reason the pieces just haven't been coming together. It's been over 10 years since NY went undefeated in the regular season.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

55Buckeyes98 wrote:I do not think that Jackson would dominate Nelsonville in football. It would be a good game every year. It would be similar to years past when NY used to play Logan every year. It was a pretty even series even with Logan at DI and NY at DIV. I remember a 9-0 NY vs 9-0 Jackson back in '94 do you remember the score?

But I do have to say that the TVC as a whole is down a little bit. I am not sure why, it seems like they have talent but for some reason the pieces just haven't been coming together. It's been over 10 years since NY went undefeated in the regular season.

The quality of competion is better that is why the TVC is down. Schools are playing tougher teams in there non-leage schedule now. The TVC will start getting better and better in the next few years.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Orange and Brown, don't get too riled up. Facts are facts and Wellston, Meigs, Athens got out and yes even your beloved Buckeyes of NY (see scores from the late 60's / early 70's) cannot compete with the SEOAL day in, day out in all sports combined, never could - never will unless the oldest league in southeastern ohio would fold and then other conferences would have to take their chances and let some of them in anyway.

Example: SEOAL Football
Team: Nelsonville Team: Nelsonville-York
Years: 1925-1966 1968-1969
Record: 44-220-12 1 - 19
Winning Pct: .181 .050

(Dropped out of league after 1969 season)

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:I do not think that Jackson would dominate Nelsonville in football. It would be a good game every year.

Why would you guys vote against them coming in the league then? Sounds to me like someone that they would dominate Nelsonville-York.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Orange and Brown, don't get too riled up. Facts are facts and Wellston, Meigs, Athens got out and yes even your beloved Buckeyes of NY (see scores from the late 60's / early 70's) cannot compete with the SEOAL day in, day out in all sports combined, never could - never will unless the oldest league in southeastern ohio would fold and then other conferences would have to take their chances and let some of them in anyway.

NY football is completely different now than it was then! Dave Boston Sr. changed all that. That's why the stadium is named in his honor. Nelsonville was actually more of a basketball and baseball school back in those days.

If NY had stayed in the SEOAL, the winning percentage would have increased greatly. Would they have won as many league championships? No. But the winning percentage would have dramatically increased. NY has won the TVC in years when NY defeated the SEOAL team as a non-league game who went on to win the SEOAL. Example - Logan in '94.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

FANOSPORTS wrote:Orange and Brown, don't get too riled up. Facts are facts and Wellston, Meigs, Athens got out and yes even your beloved Buckeyes of NY (see scores from the late 60's / early 70's) cannot compete with the SEOAL day in, day out in all sports combined, never could - never will unless the oldest league in southeastern ohio would fold and then other conferences would have to take their chances and let some of them in anyway.

You can't compare teams to how they played 30 years aggo. NY is a completely different team then they were 30 years aggo. So is Meigs and Wellston.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The TVC actually has more of the longtime members of the SEOAL than the SEOAL has. For over three decades this was the SEOAL:

Athens
Gallipolis
Jackson
Logan
Middleport
Nelsonville
Pomeroy
Wellston

The Nelsonville Greyhounds typically played a nine game football schedule that included the seven other SEOAL schools in weeks 3-9 and opened the season with two non-league games against The Plains and Chauncey both of which are now a part of Athens.

So in fact, statatistically, those low percentages by the Greyhounds came from playing more schools that are now in the TVC then are now in the SEOAL. But again, Nelsonville was not a football school back in those days.

McArthur General
Waterboy

Post by McArthur General »

Vinton County is on the upswing if football. The downward trend started about 4 years ago and things are finally starting to get turned in the right direction. Can't blame VC for not wanting Jackson in the TVC. We should be back where we used to be in a few years.

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

Personally, I'm glad Jackson was not voted in. I don't want to have to pay the $2 parking fee every time I go watch my team play at Jackson. I mean $2 is not much but it does cut into my hotdog, popcorn and mt. dew fix I need when I go to a football or basketball game. :lol:

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Vinton is close in size to Jackson close in distance both have very nice facilities, nice gate money, probably would even be bigger if they were in the same league. If they are supposedly getting better in football I can't understand why they voted no. Wellston I understand we are a bigger school.

Return to “Football”