SOC2 2009

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

West Legend
Riding the Bench

SOC2 2009

Post by West Legend »

who do you think will when the title?

what players do you think will standout?

who do you think will surprise people?

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Re: Soc II predictions?

Post by A-Bomb »

i think its gotta be between minford and burg...both had very good teams last season and have a lot coming back....i also think west and valley will have very good teams even though west did lose alot from last year

Siders_B-Ball23
Waterboy

Post by Siders_B-Ball23 »

i dont think west lost as much as people think the team will be very young but i think will have more talent. dont count them out just yet.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Do the new enrollment figures affect the SOC in terms of schools moving up or down divisions?

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

are they counting ths year? if so the burg will probably stay the same. they have a very small soph class to be---- with just about 28-30 boys total in that class.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Orange & Brown,
Enrollment numbers do not determine if you are in the SOC 1 or 2, if that is your question.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Orange & Brown,
Enrollment numbers do not determine if you are in the SOC 1 or 2, if that is your question.

I meant moving from D4 to D5 or from D3 to D2.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Orange & Brown,

I meant moving from D4 to D5 or from D3 to D2.

No

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Siders_B-Ball23 wrote:i dont think west lost as much as people think the team will be very young but i think will have more talent. dont count them out just yet.

I think West did lose as much as people think, 15 seniors is a lot espicially with 13 of team starting. They also their quarterback, leading rushers, entire o-line and one tight end, as well as two leading receivers on offense. On defense, the interior d-line (tackles and nose) and entire defensive back field. They lost a whole lot. However this group has worked as hard in the weight room almost anyone I have ever seen. They work with the same intensity as last year (if not more than last year), with more numbers espicially on the o-line. They have about 10 legitmate 500 pound squatters (parellel not box) and plenty of kids that are in the 400's and high 300's. This group will be young and inexperienced with will cost them in some situations, this group is just as strong, probably stronger (not nearly as athletic, but strong) than last year, and still very athletic. But I could see them losing to an another team that is more experienced.

Burg gets everyone back and will be tough to beat, as does minford. Valley will probably suprise some people, and could finish as high as 2nd. Waverly will probably be motivated after a bad year, and will probably be better. Heres my prediction:

1. West
1. Minford
1. Burg
2. Valley
3. Waverly
4. Northwest

Its really hard to tell right now but that is my best guess, a 3-way tie.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

West Legend wrote:who do you think will when the title?

what players do you think will standout?

who do you think will surprise people?

Win, not when.

Stay in school.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Burg and Minford battling it out, and I see this being the trend for a couple more years also.

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

west should be good,this year we will be counting on coaching to win those games against teams with more experience.good luck coach Triplett and you young men

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

lol wow some of these posts make me laugh. how can you not pick the burg to win? oh, i know why, because everyone hates on them. i dont care how much you hate them, you have to admit that they are one of the most talented teams year in and year out.

just had to get that out lol... i hate hatters lol

the burg is returning too much, and alot of experience is coming back. all of those sophmores and juniors who started, now have a year of experience under their belt. they are also returning their true starting QB, that'll be a big impact. i just feel that the burg will be way too good for anyone else.

IMO i think the burg will win the SOC easy, and go into the playoffs undefeated.

this isnt from this thread, its just a build up from all of them.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

PirateFan_2010 wrote:lol wow some of these posts make me laugh. how can you not pick the burg to win? oh, i know why, because everyone hates on them. i dont care how much you hate them, you have to admit that they are one of the most talented teams year in and year out.

the burg is returning too much, and alot of experience is coming back. all of those sophmores and juniors who started, now have a year of experience under their belt. they are also returning their true starting QB, that'll be a big impact. i just feel that the burg will be way too good for anyone else.

IMO i think the burg will win the SOC easy, and go into the playoffs undefeated.

isn't that your opinion, and if someone else's differs it's laughable? Did they win the league last year. NO.

Burg has a talented team coming back, but they are not world beaters. They have very good skill, speed, and quickness; but not alot of size. That will continue to struggle against teams that play power football. I know West will be young, but they will be more experienced by week 10. They will be bigger upfront and will pound 6 to 700 pounds of backs at them all night to negate Burgs speed. It will be a great game.

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

NewEra wrote:Burg and Minford battling it out, and I see this being the trend for a couple more years also.

Oh NO its going to be one of those years again from Muletown! The bottomline is Minford will be good until they play the W's and then they fold up, just like every other year. I usually go with the defending champs but West lost a lot and Burg is loaded, so I say the Burg takes SOC II but not without a "fight" from the WestSide!

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Wheelersburg is the favorite, returning a ton of talent.
West, yes they lost a lot but their younger kids saw some significant of playing time and will be very determined to keep that gold ball over there.
Minford, right up there with both Burg and West. They control their own destiny.

Not sure about Valley or Waverly, I don't know much about them.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

have to say burg all the way. speed kills they have alot of it.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

siderman wrote:
PirateFan_2010 wrote:lol wow some of these posts make me laugh. how can you not pick the burg to win? oh, i know why, because everyone hates on them. i dont care how much you hate them, you have to admit that they are one of the most talented teams year in and year out.

isn't that your opinion, and if someone else's differs it's laughable? Did they win the league last year. NO.

Burg has a talented team coming back, but they are not world beaters. They have very good skill, speed, and quickness; but not alot of size. That will continue to struggle against teams that play power football. I know West will be young, but they will be more experienced by week 10. They will be bigger upfront and will pound 6 to 700 pounds of backs at them all night to negate Burgs speed. It will be a great game.

everyone hates on the run game and lutz but this is a good example of why it still works. triplett runs the same offence that lutz runs. its defence that wins games so if they meet this year ......................................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

lostcause wrote:
siderman wrote:

everyone hates on the run game and lutz but this is a good example of why it still works. triplett runs the same offence that lutz runs. its defence that wins games so if they meet this year ......................................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

West runs alot of the same offense (T, power football). But that isn't all. West, this year anyway, ran alot of shotgun-read option stuff.
I'm not sure what you mean by the smilies on the D, but you do understand that West had the best Defense around here last year don't you?

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

siderman wrote:

yeah west won it last year, i know that. but i feel that the only reason west's size won the battle last year is because they got lucky weather. and what i mean by that is it rained... a lot and i feel, and im pretty sure everyone agrees with me when i say that if that game would have been played on a solid field, the burg would have won that game.

Return to “Football”