Valley 9-0 (4-0) vs. Minford 4-5 (1-3)

live4sport
JV Team

Re: Valley 9-0 (4-0) vs. Minford 4-5 (1-3)

Post by live4sport »

I mean absolutely no disrespect to any program. Fact is that historically Minford was usually middle of the pack with the exception of a few seasons until the last few years. There was no doubt that Valley had some great teams but I do see the point and so should the Indians that going through the SOCI definately did not wear on a team like the SOCII. I'm not saying the Falcons would have done any better against Valley during those years I'm just saying I see the point about playing the 3W's and then finishing against a good Lucasville opponent than going through the SOCI and finishing against a mediocre Minford team. Just my opinion---doesn't mean a thing.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

DrillMaster wrote:Correct me if Im wrong but didn't ND beat Minford several years back and they both went on to win their conference. A SOC I over SOC II hmmmm.
No, you're 100% correct. The SOC 1 Champ defeated the SOC 2 champ during the season.

That also happened last year as SOC 1 Champion Oak Hill defeated SOC 2 Champion Wheelersburg (PRIOR to Burg Playing West, Waverly, Minford)
Last edited by coop on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Is What It IS wrote:Is it true Valley was just 2 away from being DIV 6 school this year. if so WOW, I couldn't believe their enrollment would be down that much.
They were 7 boys away from being Division VI. They have 126 boys and the cut off for D-V is 120, with 119 and under qualifying schools for DVI.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

People that dwell in the past must not have what they want in the present. It doesnt matter what the records have been it matter what they are right now and Valley is 9-0 sharing the SOC II Come Friday night the present is going to change to 10-0 and SOC II Champs And it doesnt matter how good or bad they or any other team has played in the past.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Bleeding Red wrote: Minford will be back. But what I like at Minford is where they have came from in the past 5 years. Playoff expectations have became the norm, not the exception.
You're right BR. There was a time not so long ago that a lot of people in Minford would've been ok with 4-6 or 5-5, whatever it ends up this year.

But those times are gone. The expectation is now to win 7 or 8 or more games every year, contend for the SOC II, and make the playoffs.

A lot of fans are disappointed because none of that has happened this year. Like you said though Minford will be back. There is talent coming up and coming back. Coach Daniels and his staff are some of the best around IMO.

Minford has an oppurtunity to get some momentum going into the offseason this week. They need to take advantage of that oppurtunity.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Here4Fun wrote:People that dwell in the past must not have what they want in the present. It doesnt matter what the records have been it matter what they are right now and Valley is 9-0 sharing the SOC II Come Friday night the present is going to change to 10-0 and SOC II Champs And it doesnt matter how good or bad they or any other team has played in the past.
I'm of the mindset that those who don't learn from the past are destined to make the same mistakes over and over again. You should always improve your present and your future by being aware of your past. That's my two cents. ;-)

DrillMaster
Waterboy

Post by DrillMaster »

chicken_coop wrote:
DrillMaster wrote:Correct me if Im wrong but didn't ND beat Minford several years back and they both went on to win their conference. A SOC I over SOC II hmmmm.
No, you're 100% correct. The SOC 1 Champ defeated the SOC 2 champ during the season.

That also happened last year as SOC 1 Champion Oak Hill defeated SOC 2 Champion Wheelersburg (PRIOR to Burg Playing West, Waverly, Minford)
Your right Coop, Totally overlooked last year

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:This game is going to be so much fun watching Valley is going to role big time in this one even if minford does show up to play its not going to do them any good....!!!!!!

Just a question- did you even play football?
Bleeding Red I did play football I played all 4 years in J.R High at minford .lol

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

DrillMaster wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

Your right Coop, Totally overlooked last year
And the year before that, 2009, SOC I Champ Oak Hill beat SOC II Champ Minford before Minford ran the table in the SOC II.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Jesco White wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:People that dwell in the past must not have what they want in the present. It doesnt matter what the records have been it matter what they are right now and Valley is 9-0 sharing the SOC II Come Friday night the present is going to change to 10-0 and SOC II Champs And it doesnt matter how good or bad they or any other team has played in the past.
I'm of the mindset that those who don't learn from the past are destined to make the same mistakes over and over again. You should always improve your present and your future by being aware of your past. That's my two cents. ;-)
Learning I agree, but dwelling and wishing gets you now where

DrillMaster
Waterboy

Post by DrillMaster »

Actually a saying I have always used

People who live to much in the past, lose sight of the future,
But those who live to much in the future, will forget the past

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Eye Lander wrote:I doubt Minford can win this game; after all they finally beat the Burg. I wouldn’t expect nothing else other than a State Championship now! :roll: :roll: I know I hope West makes the play-offs that way I have someone to watch and root for from the SOC II because it won’t be Valley, that’s for sure. All you Lucasville fans needs to act like you been there before. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Oh I forgot you never won the SOC II before. :122249 :122249
You're right, this is Valley's first SOC II title. However, Valley has something that no other program in the SOC has, or ever will have...the Indians have won an SOC title when the league was not divided into divisions, numerous SOC I titles while a member of that division of the league, and now an SOC II title as a member of that division. The Indians have also won playoff games, playing in multiple Regional Championship games (1997 and 2005), which I believe only Wheelersburg can say the same (and obviously the Burg has a lot more than that on their resume). The only things left for the Indians to accomplish that other SOC programs have accomplished would be winning a Regional Championship (Minford in '85, West in '02 and Burg multiple times) and winning a State Title (Burg in '89).

I think Valley's program has "been there" as much or more than any program in the league aside from Wheelersburg. No offense to any other program is intended by my statements. They are only facts and I also made a point to credit the other programs in the league on their accomplishments. My statements are simply meant to prove that Valley has accomplished more than enough to warrant respect, just as the other programs in the SOC have Valley's respect. I'm quite certain they've earned it on the field, and even bias can't take that away from them.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Excellent post Jesco! Perceptions aren't facts and it's hard to dispute the truth. Haven't there been four different SOC II Champions the past few years? Is that parity in the league and isn't that a good thing for the communities? Can't the county rally behind those teams who make the playoffs in a particular year and isn't that what mostly happens? Like a true family, we may fight amongst ourselves but we support one another from outsiders. Win or lose, these young men will carry the memories of this year for a lifetime. It's not about us it's about them, the players, all players!! They deserve our support, not beat down on some silly chat board, by supposed GROWN men/women!

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

Valley wins...yates is the best player around with the best playcalling i seen this year in high school

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Eye Lander wrote:I doubt Minford can win this game; after all they finally beat the Burg. I wouldn’t expect nothing else other than a State Championship now! :roll: :roll: I know I hope West makes the play-offs that way I have someone to watch and root for from the SOC II because it won’t be Valley, that’s for sure. All you Lucasville fans needs to act like you been there before. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Oh I forgot you never won the SOC II before. :122249 :122249
Well VALLEY fans are here and we are not going away...!!!! This might be are first SOC II championship win but it is not going to be are last.We are stacked all the way down to the six grade. This is not the last year that the SOC II will hear from Valley. The way I understand it minford not looking to good for next year either.As far as playoffs I hope West gets in. I think it does well for several teams a year to make playoffs in our area. I think people from all different schools rally around each other and support one another in the playyoff.I might trash talk during regular season but I totally support any team from our area that makes the playoffs

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

valley is only losing their qb tb fb wr, not sure on the line what seniors your losing after this yr, and if those guys go both ways thats quite a bit to lose dont ya think? I probably would be a little more humble! but thats just me.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

crazymidgets wrote:valley is only losing their qb tb fb wr, not sure on the line what seniors your losing after this yr, and if those guys go both ways thats quite a bit to lose dont ya think? I probably would be a little more humble! but thats just me.
Very true. Valley is going to take some lumps next year. We are losing 18 or 19 starters. But, we have a solid sophomore class and a couple of experienced Juniors. They will be capable of putting together a .500 or better season next year. However, the future looks bright with the 8th grade class being very strong and the aforementioned sophomore class. You're right though, its gonna take a couple years to get back to where we currently are.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

We are basically losing 19 starters. We will return a tackle on offense (I could argue fullback). And then we will have a corner and a backer return next season. There is a talented sophomore class and a talented 8th grade class on the way but the real valley fans and posters that know what is going on understand that the talent graduating this year will be very hard to replace. No one with a clue that has paid any attention to the 8th grade squad last year or the 7th grade team this year will make the statement that we are "loaded" all the way down to the 6th grade. Believe me, Here4fun does not speak for the majority of valley posters.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Great minds think alike. You were posting that at the same time.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Crab's brother wrote:Great minds think alike. You were posting that at the same time.
Exactly!!!

Return to “Football”