Week 2: Coal Grove (1-0) @ Athens (1-0)

NY BUCKS
All State

Re: Week 2: Coal Grove (1-0) @ Athens (1-0)

Post by NY BUCKS »

Sharpe gets lose ..cg dont have anybody that can catch him. they have to keep him locked down...for and chance ..

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Did Athens JVs play GAHS Monday night? If so, who won. Thanks.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Yes, they did and Athens won 36-12 I believe.

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

C'mon Athens...Get NY Those Second Level Playoff Points!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good Luck to fuzzhead and CG!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Good luck and good health to both teams.

Edge to Athens, if they keep their emotions in check on a big night for the school and its supporters.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET R DONE GROVERS

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

One of the more intriguing match ups in SE Ohio this Friday. I considered going, but being that this is the first game at home with the new field, and all of the festivities that are going to occur, sounds like this night is going to be a marathon. I'll catch a game closer to home this Friday.

This one is a coin flip, IMO. I'll say Athens 14, CG 12. Sorry Fuzzhead, but I think Athens will pull this one out this year.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I believe all Grove fans know that is game is a toss up. If the Grove comes out and shows that they are there to play, and excutes on all levels then this game will be a Grove win or a very close loss. I truly believe that Athens can be their own worse enemy in this game. If they feed to much into the excitement of the moment and don't play up to the level that the Grove will be playing at then Athens could be in for a long night. Now if the Grove comes out and makes the same mistakes on defense that they made against Meigs then Athens will score at will. The Grove needs to just play a sound game on defense and keep everything in front of them and they can take this game, play sloppy and that long ride home gets even longer. Can't wait to see this game Friday night, hope both sides leave injury free.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

2trap_4ever wrote:I believe all Grove fans know that is game is a toss up. If the Grove comes out and shows that they are there to play, and excutes on all levels then this game will be a Grove win or a very close loss. I truly believe that Athens can be their own worse enemy in this game. If they feed to much into the excitement of the moment and don't play up to the level that the Grove will be playing at then Athens could be in for a long night. Now if the Grove comes out and makes the same mistakes on defense that they made against Meigs then Athens will score at will. The Grove needs to just play a sound game on defense and keep everything in front of them and they can take this game, play sloppy and that long ride home gets even longer. Can't wait to see this game Friday night, hope both sides leave injury free.
I agree on Athens being too into the hype and excitement, it is my biggest fear for Friday night. I expect a close game again between these two teams.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

any athens fans have some good directions to the field thank you.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Go thru Athens on route 33. Take route 33 towards Columbus. a few miles out of town on route 33 turn left onto Johnson Road by The Athens Messenger. Follow Johnson road about a mile, it will be on the right. Good luck.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

ty spartan.is this toward the plains or before i get to athens coming from jackson on 32

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Athens High School is located in The Plains.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Hopefully the scoreboard is fixed. There was some type of malfunction last night that prevented them from using it and they were working on it late last night.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Rico, The Plains is past Athens.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

ty spartan, i know where to go now.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I expect a standing room only house tonight, should be exciting. I'm hoping for another good injury free game tonight. Good luck Bulldogs!

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

We will get a good idea how good Athens is tonight. If coal beats them, then Sthens will be about a 6-4 7-3 team, if they win, probably looking at 9-1.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

Scoreboard is running smoothly. Pre-game is all ready to go. We are 40 minutes away from the first kickoff in The Plains since September 16, 2010. We've come a long way since that day. If we were to try to type every person's name who deserves thanks, this forum couldn't contain them all. Thank you!

Return to “Football”