SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 8 Jonathan Alder @ Logan

Post by noreply66 »

running clock in this one

trip4
Riding the Bench

Post by trip4 »

Pioneers are rolling in... looking for first undefeated season since in 1974 went 10-0..

Pioneers will be tweeking all phases of the game the next 2 weeks before Bishop Watterson week 10
and their deep playoff run!!

klaw10
Riding the Bench

Post by klaw10 »

Steve Coate lasted three years at Logan and has had tremendout success at JA....what changed? Maybe talent? Something to think about for all of you looking to run Coach Wolf out of town....

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

klaw10 wrote:Steve Coate lasted three years at Logan and has had tremendout success at JA....what changed? Maybe talent? Something to think about for all of you looking to run Coach Wolf out of town....
give it break we need change bad,losing is are culture now.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

klaw10 wrote:Steve Coate lasted three years at Logan and has had tremendout success at JA....what changed? Maybe talent? Something to think about for all of you looking to run Coach Wolf out of town....
Problem was the next year after Coate, Coach Perry came in and with almost the same team went 8-2 all he did was instill some hard nose discipline, phyiscal style of football!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote:
Problem was the next year after Coate, Coach Perry came in and with almost the same team went 8-2 all he did was instill some hard nose discipline, phyiscal style of football!
i agree moonshine. he knew how to win with the talent he had at hand. and thats what perry did. good coaching gets the w's. my prediction on the game with the pioneers is just 5 words. NOT GOING TO BE PRETTY. coates going to come into chieftain stadium in full force. like to see a miracle but thats out of the question. good luck chiefs.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

Alder wins 36-7..

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Good luck Chiefs. I saw you hang your heads last Friday night and there is no reason to. You played a heck of a spirited game against Warren. Now keep your chins up. Two winnable games at the end....finish strong!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Custards last stand,,Logan being Custard of course,,,,Coate calls the dogs off by halftime to keep the score down and have mercy for his old team and Wolfe his former tailback.....

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Agree. JA better than Logan. Another loss in a dismal season. Discipline seems to be a major problem here now. That was the secret to Perry's success as Chiefs didn't have great players then , but sure had good teams.

klaw10
Riding the Bench

Post by klaw10 »

know all wrote:
Must "know all" except the English language...two years does not equate to a losing culture.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

klaw10 wrote:
know all wrote:
Must "know all" except the English language...two years does not equate to a losing culture.
But lack of discipline does!

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Good luck to the Chiefs Friday. Whether they admit it or not, JA will be looking at this as an easy win against a temporarily down program. Go out there and prove them wrong!

It's much easier to be critical when things aren't going well than to cheer when they are. I think we got very spoiled in how things have been for the past few years. What is easily forgotten is that Logan sports in general has always been about peaks and valleys. In any sport, once in a while we get a very special group of kids that comes through that gives us a few years of real excitement (Angle's, Conrad's, Katie Smith and Co., etc.). We're not like Columbus area teams that can just reload with "transfers" every year and we certainly don't have the pool of students that they do. We play with the kids we have. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it isn't but we have to cheer them on no matter what.
It's the coaches responsibility to discipline and guide these kids to get the most out of them and put the best possible product on the field, pitch, track, diamond or whatever. BUT, if the coaches are allowing the kids to run the team like it sounds here, then perhaps changes need to be made.
Again good luck Friday Chiefs!! I'll be making the trip from Columbus to watch so go get em.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

klaw10 wrote:
know all wrote:
im sorry i didnt check my spelling-i was in a hurry before work but i still stand behind what i said 1 year is a fluke 2 years is a pattern.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

we had the tealent when coate was here. we also had the talent when snipes was hc. perry took basisally the same team coate had and went 9-1. i think over the yrs coate style has changed. now he maybe tougher more disciplined.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

That's a good point Chief! I totally agree, people must remember When Coate was down here he was basically a rookie head coach and learning how to do things on the fly,Perry on the other hand had experience coming from head coach at Westfall,I bet if Coate had them same players today things would be much different! And also the schedule got alot easier when Coate left,, Columbus Werhle Dayton Dunbar,Cadiz,and Beechcroft, Ironton were all gone when Perry took over,,Perry did take on Ironton later on and got smoked!
Last edited by C-Bolt on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

87 and bolt I totally agree with your opinions. like I said b-4 Perry took almost the same team and with discipline and a kick butt outlook, the kids won. Also he tried to run a 2 platoon system as much as possible. Had alot of Woody in him!

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Logan needs to go with 2 platoon system as well.....why should kids go out and play and bust their butts all summer to watch same 11 kids play have seen this since been here at logan and even if you do make playoffs ....you are not going far ........just too hard to play both ways for 4 quarters....plus more will come out if that happens....till then numbers will continue to drop :122245 :shock: :!:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

bird78 wrote:Logan needs to go with 2 platoon system as well.....why should kids go out and play and bust their butts all summer to watch same 11 kids play have seen this since been here at logan and even if you do make playoffs ....you are not going far ........just too hard to play both ways for 4 quarters....plus more will come out if that happens....till then numbers will continue to drop :122245 :shock: :!:

Brid78! Guess what that was Coach Perry's idea! Also guys there is talent roaming them there halls in school! whoever the coach is, he needs to recruit them there halls!

Return to “Football”