Waterboy

Athens @ GAHS

Post by GAHSfan06 »

What can we expect from the buldogs?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Athens @ GAHS

Post by 93Bulldog »

You can expect a good solid football team invading Memorial Stadium in week 1.

Can we expect another 'MIRACLE AT MEMORIAL' like we saw in 2002 ... im not sure. But I do see a good football game taking place. Athens returns quite a few players form last seaons team and their strength resides on the offensive line ... They have a mobile QB that didn't play against Gallia last year, he didn't take over until week 2 or 3 ...

The Bluie Devis are without a doubt the favorite in thie game; but don't be surprised if the 'Dogs pull off the upset.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Should be a good game!!! Good Luck to that SR Class at GA.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Good luck to GAHS in 2009!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Go get'em Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck #59!!!!!!!! :122245

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

There could be nothing more untrue than calling that game the miracle at memorial.
That was a good Bulldog team who was hitting their stride. Good luck Bulldogs.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SPARTAN ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THAT WAS GREGORY'S JUNIOR YEAR, ATHENS HAD ONLY WON A FEW GAMES ALL SEASON AND GALLIA HAD THE SEOAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRAPPED UP ALL TO THEMSELVES ... NOBODY, AND I MEAN NOBODY EXPECTED ATHENS TO WIN ... GALLIA WAS WELL ON THEIR WAY TO AN SEOAL CROWN, DONNIE JOHNSON WAS THE MVP OF THE LEAGUE AND GALLIA WAS SITTING PRETTY IN THE COMPUTER STANDINGS FOR D-III REGION 11.

ALL GALLIA HAD TO DO WAS BEAT ATHENS AND THEY WON THE TITLE OUTRIGHT - THEY WERE UP IN THE GAME, LEADING INTO THE FOURTH QUARTER UNTIL ATHENS EXPLODED WITH ABOUT 5 MINUTES TO GO AND ENDED UP WINNING THE GAME.

I WAS THERE, STANDING RIGHT DOWN ON THE TRACK AND BELIEVE ME - IT REALLY DID SEEM LIKE A 'MIRACLE' THAT ATHENS WON. GALLIA STILL WON THE SEOAL THAT YEAR BUT THEY HAD TO SHARE IT WITH MARIETTA.

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

93Bulldog , who does the dogs have this week ?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I say AHS by 7!!!!

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

athens wins a close one

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I will say that I am very curious on this one. Usually Gallia people are flooding every Gallia post with news of the strongest teams in the history of sport (little exaggeration), but they are always very active. Not now though. Actually more Gallia post on Softball, Volleyball and Girls Basketball then football. Could they be in for a very long season? Heads in the sand?

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

With a new coach we also have a new attitude. Were staying under the gun and keeping quite!!!!

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

This game can be heard on The Home of the Bulldogs, 970 WATH-AM in Athens.

You can listen to the contest online by clicking the link below:

mms://132.235.237.177/WATH

Brian Boesch and Rob Cornelius have the call at 7:15 p.m.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Nope Bulldog, not kidding at all. I was on the sidelines also. That Athens team finished 6-4, and were playing very well at that point in the season. Let the Gallia folks call it a miracle, for the Bulldogs it was just a job very well done. Now the next year when the Devils came to Athens and stole the game in the fog, that was a miracle.

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Sorry guy donnie was a jr that year and he was not mvp of the league till his sr year.It was him who fell down and allowed the reciever to make the wining catch. My son. was also on the team and him and DJ were good friends

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I know DJ was a junior - sorry if I said otherwise ... about MVP, I knew he won it one year, and with Gallia winning the league that year, I figured 2 + 2 = ....

Spartan ... I guess SEOPS wasn't on line at the time - but back in the crazy jjhuddle days when their was a TON OF SOUTHEASTERN OHIO huddlers (not sure what ya call them now) - I had posted a "MIRACLE AT MEMORIAL" thread 4 or 5 days before the game occured .... the first thread maxed out after 50 or so posts; the second topic/thread with the slogan maxed out days before the game and finally after about 150 posts/replies (mostly about me being crazy for thinking Athens would beat Gallia that year) the game was played and the 'Dogs won ...

To make a long story short; a lot of folks ate some crow that night and I continued to feed it to them the week after .... "HENCE" the "SLOGAN" 'MIRACLE AT MEMORIAL'

If I thought it was going to be a miracle; I would have never predicted an Athens win ... I believed in my head and my heart they could do it - and during the game, the plays that occured and how it went - it all tied into what is considered infamous by a lot of good people form the huddle - "THE MIRACLE AT MEMORIAL"

Hope you enjoyed the history lesson today ...

Peace

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Love a good history lesson. But still no miracle in my mind. I was an avid huddle reader. That was a good article, I remember it well. The distance that separates the so called good teams and their followers sometimes can be very small.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Bulldog,

You know how I hate to agree with you. However it was nothing short of a miracle for Athens to have won that game at memorial that year. Of course Gallia got you back the next year when Athens sufferd not one but three heart breaking losses. Let's review history. The loss to Gallia, Jackson and let me think one more team. Oh yeah LOGAN.

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Yes athens beat gallia that night and went to pt pleasant the next week and lost.

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

My Prediction:

Athens - 21

Gallia Academy - 20

Return to “Football”