Wheelersburg 45 Portsmouth 0

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Wheelersburg 45 Portsmouth 0

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Couldn't believe this hadn't been started yet. Looks like Portsmouth is on an upswing this year. Burg is playing great ball right now. This will definitely be a better measuring stick in this young season for the Pirates.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Re: WK3 Portsmouth(2-0)@Wheelersburg(2-0)

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

After watching Portsmouth last night against west I think that their secondary will not be able to contain the receiving corps of wheelersburg. I don't think that a running clock will enter this game tho, Portsmouth has a good young team, Their QB is a playmaker for sure, I think they can hang around with burg for awhile but i think burgs speed on defense will negate some of those big plays that the QB was able to make happen against west. Looking forward to another good game, I think burg will hand the young Trojans their first loss but this game will definitely help prepare Portsmouth for a run at the OVC title and a chance at a playoff spot. Nothing but credit to these young Trojans who participated in the best game of week 2 IMO

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

No doubt the toughest game on Portsmouth schedule hoping for a competitive game .

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Burg by 21

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Trojans secondary lapses came on busted plays and Wests' talented QB. No excuses though, something that can be worked on. Also, you will see that with a young team. Anyway, if the Trojan o line and d line show up, they can hang with Wheelersburg. I'm hoping for a very exciting game.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think this game will be pretty good. If the Trojans play physical on the line they will cause burg problems. Wheelersburg has to establish a running game this week. Pirates by 2 scores

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

After watching some of last night's game, I think Burg will be able to exploit Portsmouth secondary. Corners are 7-10 yards off the los. The short game will be there. They are compensating when spread out with OLB's. Slot receivers will be open all night. The DL for ptown looks pretty impressive and Backers were timing the count. They hit there spots hard. Burg will have to account for every head to give Dyer plenty of time. Dyer can also be a threat to take off. I would say a few designed draws will keep the LB's honest. I didn't watch much Offensively for Ptown just yet. But after what I saw, I do believe Burg will take this by 20.
Last edited by Jolly P(irate) on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Wheelersburg 44
Portsmouth 10

i'm gonna say 35-7 burg
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

when was the last time burg and ports was 2-0 goin into this game

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dog to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Portsmouth hasn't been 2-0 since 2007 I believe. Last time they also made the playoffs. If Portsmouth can limit turnovers and play some solid pass coverage, this game will be close. Me personally, hoping for an injury free game and hopefully, no running clock. The Trojans can hang.

Ptowntrojan61
Waterboy

Post by Ptowntrojan61 »

The secondary was not on there game against west. They got saucked in on the qb who looked like he was going to take off and run and threw it up. The secondary must improve this week on fundamentals. With that said I do think the Trojan secondary can play with the burg receivers but we are just going to have to wait and see how this one plays out.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

It's the toughest game for both teams by far in this young season. Portsmouth has the athletes to compete with anyone on their schedule. They've always had the athletes, it comes down to fundamentals and discipline. This years team so far, seems to have those ingredients together moreso than any other team I've seen them field in the last ten years.

Portsmouth football has been in a "decade of despair" but hey, it's been right at ten years since they've had a halfway decent team. The program just might be due, folks. It's been a long time. Again, talent has always been in the school. They finally have the right staff in place all the way down to middle school. Times are a changin.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ptowntrojan61 wrote:The secondary was not on there game against west. They got saucked in on the qb who looked like he was going to take off and run and threw it up. The secondary must improve this week on fundamentals. With that said I do think the Trojan secondary can play with the burg receivers but we are just going to have to wait and see how this one plays out.
That safety can't be getting sucked in either. His first 3 steps are forward every snap. On run plays that helps. On the other hand that'll get you burnt deep over the middle. I think Burg will be able to establish some sort of a run game. They will get their share on the ground.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

It's good to see Portsmouth turning things around.
I think this helps out W0Burg in a big way, because if they want to compete with Coldwater(Playoffs) they need the schedule to provide as much challenges as possible.

For this game I think the Pirates will win by 3 or 4 scores.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Burg by 3 or more scores.

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

Portsmouth had two breakdowns in the secondary last night. That got fixed at the half. Portsmouth 20 Burg 18 in a huge upset.

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I guarantee, in the second half. Most of Portsmouths players will be gassed and will fall out with cramps. I don't know how many they had go down last night with cramps
Last edited by BurgGrad6 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Dinnertyme69 wrote:Portsmouth had two breakdowns in the secondary last night. That got fixed at the half. Portsmouth 20 Burg 18 in a huge upset.
Haha! OK.. And then you woke up!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Dinnertyme69 wrote:Portsmouth had two breakdowns in the secondary last night. That got fixed at the half. Portsmouth 20 Burg 18 in a huge upset.
SMH. You can't spell time or thyme right. I don't think I'll put any stock in your lowball projection.

Return to “Football”