Week 3 Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth

mattash
Site Admin

Week 3 Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth

Post by mattash »

Will it be more packed than the West vs. Portsmouth game? Maybe they can move it to Spartan Stadium for more room jk.

Portsmouth98
All State

Re: Week 3 Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Could be an interesting game, both teams are speedy, Portsmouth needs to play more disciplined though if they expect to win.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

I agree with you 98. Definitely need to cut down on the penalties and be more disciplined. Especially when we have a chance to put a team away. Should be intersting indeed especially with Mr. Bendolph playing against his former teammates. Still it should be another fun game to watch in the Coliseum. 1 negative.....I think they need to turn up the fog on the fog machine lol

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Tobias wrote:Interesting that Portsmouth plays Wheelersburg at the Coliseum while Columbus Africentric plays Notre Dame at Spartan at the same time.

This has to be a first.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Tobias wrote:Interesting that Portsmouth plays Wheelersburg at the Coliseum while Columbus Africentric plays Notre Dame at Spartan at the same time.

I just told my g/f they were playing the Columbus Africentric Nubians and she said, "Who are they really playing?"

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

[quote="trojan7"]I agree with you 98. Definitely need to cut down on the penalties and be more disciplined. Especially when we have a chance to put a team away. Should be intersting indeed especially with Mr. Bendolph playing against his former teammates. Still it should be another fun game to watch in the Coliseum. 1 negative.....I think they need to turn up the fog on the fog machine lol[/] I hope nothing becomes of the Bendolph thing, last thing we need is someone getting personal foul penalties or ejected.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

no doubt, burg will be the best team we have played in the early season, I went to se them last night,and they are GOOD!

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

Man, 2 huge games back 2 back weeks. This game shouldnt have near as much as the much anticapated West v. Portsmouth game. This 1 will be exciting. Its hard 2 tell who will win this match up. After what I seen tonight from Portsmouth. Im takin' them.

Trojans- 21
Burg-14

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

I'd give an edge to the Burg right now, Portsmouth made a lot of mistakes last night. I think we can win it, especially at home with the momentum we have right now, but we can't count on the other team's inexperience like we did in the first 2 games.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Listened to the Ports./West game last night on the web.So this is all I can gauge this from.
I think Wheelersburg may have to much fire power for the Trojans.
Is this game on Saturday too?

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Wheelersburg 34
Portsmouth 14
Wheelersburg is just too athletic for the Trojans to handle.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

If the swarming, stifling defense that played Friday against South Point shows up against Portsmouth the Trojans will be hard pressed to move the ball. If the defense that played in week #1 against Ironton shows up then Porstmouth will run willy nilly on the Pirates.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouith had a bad first half at south point,and then a bad second half against west, ...we will have to play 4 ,really good quarters to even be in the game with Burg.....

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Another packed house for a Portsmouth game this week. The Trojan explosion is alive and well in 2009 and the Pirates will not have an answer for those speedy wideouts. And, it just so happens that the Trojan defense is really good this year to. How can anyone go against Portsmouth @ home??? They wont lose one game there this year.

Portsmouth - 21
Wheelersburg - 7

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

14-7 portsmouth

portsmouthspartan
Waterboy

Post by portsmouthspartan »

Dont under estimate the TROJANS...GO...FIGHT...WIN!

portsmouthspartan
Waterboy

Post by portsmouthspartan »

long live the levee lizz :mrgreen: ards!

sturg85
Waterboy

Post by sturg85 »

I dont see this even being close..Portsmouth will have there first lost at the new stadium...34-7 burg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:If the swarming, stifling defense that played Friday against South Point shows up against Portsmouth the Trojans will be hard pressed to move the ball. If the defense that played in week #1 against Ironton shows up then Porstmouth will run willy nilly on the Pirates.

willy nilly. that's a good one 77.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Speed, Speed Speed on both sides of the ball on both squads. Don't underestimate Portsmouth's defense.
They put forth a great effort in slowing down West in 1st half. Pendleton shined in 2nd half but defense showed up when they needed to. Should be another great matchup in Coliseum.

Return to “Football”