Site Admin

Week 5 Players of the Week

Post by mattash »

Put your nominations here!

seasick80
All State

Re: Week 5 Players of the Week

Post by seasick80 »

Hard to not give it to Pendleton! kid rushed 6 times for 120 yds and 2 tds i believe with a receiving TD also. 3 total. Shankweiler for Burg also is deserving. 4 tds in 1 1/2 qtrs (if he caught a td, couldnt tell) vs RH. If not, 3 tds also in 1st half. WOW!!

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Post by West Legend »

Pendleton had 128 yards on 6 carries and 3 tds. he also had a 35 yards catch for a td

OaksFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by OaksFootballFan »

I don't care how the stats look or whatever but Westen Hale or Jesse Slone from Oak Hill is well deserving of Player Of The Week.

Both players stepped up big for their team in crunch time. Jesse rushed for two touchdowns and Westen rushed for one. But also on defense they both came up with KEY interceptions.

Jesse had one in the first half to drive us down the field for a TD.

Westen had the biggest play of the night with the interception with under 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter to seal the victory for the Oaks!!!!!!!!

That had to be the best game of the week and either Westen Hale or Jesse Slone should be THE PLAYER OF WEEK!

Great job Oaks!

Or you could just give it to the Oak Hill Oaks whole team!!!!

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Westen Hale's stats: Oak Hill's Westen Hale, though, proved a key catalyst with a strong second-half running effort. Hale had just 27 yards on five carries in the first half but finished with 109 yards on 15 carries. Hale also a strong defensive effort that included a late interception of an Aaron Oesch pass that sealed the win and thwarting a late Falcon drive.

Jesse Slone's stats:
Oak Hill Quarterback Jesse Slone had another excellent passing effort, completing 11-19 for 139 yards. He also plunged in from one yard out on two occasions, lifting the Oaks to the win. Rolling to his right on 4th-and-9 play, late in the first, Oesch fired a pass down inside the 15-yard-line but Jesse Slone stepped in front of the receiver and returned the ball to the Mid 40.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Pendleton!

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

Schankweiler from Burg

or

Westen Hale from Oak Hill sounds like he had a heck of a game

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Westen Hale of Oak Hill finished with 128yds on 20 carries 6.4 ypc and a td,6 tackles, 1 for loss, 1 int. Minford had no answer for him in the 2nd half, some of his runs had to be seen to understand it, sometimes it took multiple Minford players to take him down and sometimes they didn't even get him to the ground.Converted a big 4th down run on the final scoring drive and a 3rd down run to enable OH to run out the clock.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

My stats were different than yours up on the hill. I got mine from the newspaper. Are jesses any different

ProtecThisHouse
Riding the Bench

Post by ProtecThisHouse »

Definitely Westen Hale from Oak Hill

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Caleb Wolfe from Warren Local. 3 TDs, pushing 200 yards rushing and many bone crushing tackles in win over Point Pleasant. Local paper has nothing about game so I have no stats. Hard nosed kid that is the heart of the Warrior team.

West Sider
Varsity

Post by West Sider »

Pendleton

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

Hale from oak hill deserves it this week. saved the game for the Oaks and played great on the offensive and defensive end. i would give it to schank again but he's already got it and it was vs. a weaker opponent. so hale gets my nomination

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Weston Hale was unstoppable in this game and carried his team on his back for the win. At times Minford just could not tackle him. Some amazingly tough runs he had in this game. On defense he was all over the field wreaking havoc and topped it off with an int. to seal the win for the Oaks.

My vote goes to Weston Hale of Oak Hill this week.

football
Waterboy

Post by football »

Schankweiler!

129 Yards on 3 Carries 3 TD

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Caleb Wolfe from Vincent Warren.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Ryan Klingamon, Jackson, for a great defensive effort. Hard to get those stats but he's been a beast all year.
GIVE THE DEFENSIVE PLAYERS THEIR DUE!!!!

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Wolfe from Warren had 149 yards rushing on 14 carriers for 10.6 yards/rush with 3 rushing touchdowns!! All on the sloppiest field you have ever seen. Only imagine what he would have done under dry conditions. His tackles were literally sending kids flying out of bounds..he gets my vote

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

Levi Ratliff was 6-14 with 138 yards passing........ he is only a sophomore for west.
Last edited by west siders on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

shank 3 carries 3 TD 1 from the qb position

Return to “Football”