SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Thoughts?
Last edited by Cameron34Crazie34 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 7: Minford @ Portsmouth West

Post by mattash »

Should be game of the week. Not sure on who wins.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:Thoughts?

If I was making the line it would be Minford -1 West -1

Its a Pick em

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Wow this should be a great game.... West is a really good team but I feel Minford will build off from the huge Win over Wheelersburg and get another huge win in week 7 IMO

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

This game is very exciting for West and Minford...everything is on the line...the winner is one step closer to winning the gold football, in my opinion if Minford wins this then they almost certainly have their second outright Soc...if West wins they get confidence going into the next week, and when they comes to play, like tonight, its scary. At the beginning of the year, and even at the beginning of Soc play, I looked at Minford as a team West matched up well with...I think West and Minford play very similar styles of football and it will come down to who wants it the most, both teams are strong...both teams have strong lines, and a deep running back corps. Minford's x-factor is Oesch, he showed up big tonight, he knows how to play the game, West will have to be accountable for him at all times...but I think West has an x-factor of there own in Mark Murphy, everyone in the county knows #8 is gonna get the ball, and hes probably gonna get his fair share of yards, but if we can ease the load on Trevon with a big game from Mark...it will be hard to stop two 220 pound running backs pounding you the whole night...West is conditioned very, very well. This will be Ratliff's first big game as qb, he needs to manage the game, make good decisions, do simple things like commiting no turnovers, and hit a check down every now and then, he doesn't need to win it, just be smart. Our defense is our strongest point, we are very strong against the run, but the wing-t offense can get very confusing if West doesn't read their keys...all in all I won't make a prediction yet, but I think it will a close game decided on a few big plays, turnovers, and field position, as most big games are

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West is starting to grow up. Offensive line is really coming off the ball well. Ratliff is really running the team well (he's a leader) and the backs run hard. Murphy came out and ran the ball awsome against Waverly, which is a great thing.

I like our defense. They make it very difficult to run the ball and the DB's are getting more comfortable. I thought Alex Thompson did a heck of a job last nite basically one-on-one with Kretzer.

I like West's chances. Just use the Waverly game to keep building, just don't get over confident.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If West gets the Minford team from last night, look out. I think the kids from Minford are focused on what they have to do from here on out. The west side is never an easy place to play and West looks like they have been improving. But they have really struggled early in games against teams that just are not that good.

I like Minford by 2 scores.

Big test this week for the Minford linebackers. I see them stepping up yet again.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

This is gonna be a heck of a game that goes down to the wire. I don't see either team being able to win by 2 scores.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Re: Week 7: Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Post by Roadrunner »

Nice win by the falcons last night over a good Wheelersburg team. If they can continue to stay focused and play their game, Minford wins this one in another nailbiter.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

After the Coal Grove game and now this one.. The Falcons may end up being the "Cardiac Kids" after this season is over with.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Throw out the X's and O's this game is gonna be about the Jimmies and the Joes. West is going to test Minfords toughness as they have multiple backs that can break the century mark on any given night, and the Falcons also have gamebreakers lined up in the backfield. This game will "not" be a 2 touchdown game as some have predicted, I think that this game is much closer and could be decided late in the fourth quarter.

Lets Go Big Red

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

MuletownManiac wrote:Throw out the X's and O's this game is gonna be about the Jimmies and the Joes. West is going to test Minfords toughness as they have multiple backs that can break the century mark on any given night, and the Falcons also have gamebreakers lined up in the backfield. This game will "not" be a 2 touchdown game as some have predicted, I think that this game is much closer and could be decided late in the fourth quarter.

Lets Go Big Red

Take it or leave it, if West's line hasnt improved leaps and bounds vs what I saw against Rock Hill, it will definitely be a 2 score ballgame

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

This game could go either way but I have a feeling that after last nights win this Minford team is focused on what they have to do and will be playing with confidence for the rest of the season. West is a good team so don't get over confident. I like the falcons once again in this one but it will be a dog fight.

Minford-28(late score in the 4th)
West-14

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

They HAVE so get ready to strap'em up tight!!!
Bleeding Red wrote:
MuletownManiac wrote:Throw out the X's and O's this game is gonna be about the Jimmies and the Joes. West is going to test Minfords toughness as they have multiple backs that can break the century mark on any given night, and the Falcons also have gamebreakers lined up in the backfield. This game will "not" be a 2 touchdown game as some have predicted, I think that this game is much closer and could be decided late in the fourth quarter.

Lets Go Big Red

Take it or leave it, if West's line hasnt improved leaps and bounds vs what I saw against Rock Hill, it will definitely be a 2 score ballgame

They HAVE so get ready to strap'em up tight!!!

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

West line has improved,therefore I expect it to be a three or four score ballgame.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i never thought i'd hear myself say this but GO WEST!!!!

BeatsInThaSoutheast
Waterboy

Post by BeatsInThaSoutheast »

I have the same thoughts as Mad_Dogg
GOOD LUCK WEST!!!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Really? You would think as a Oak Hill fan you would be praying the falcons win every game here on out. Guess you are one of those who like bragging about 10-0 and no playoffs :roll:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

BeatsInThaSoutheast wrote:I have the same thoughts as Mad_Dogg
GOOD LUCK WEST!!!

Do you even want oak hill to make the playoffs? Finishing up the season agains five D VI teams only one of which with a winning record, your playoff hopes and dreams rest on the Falcons and their performance from here on out.

BeatsInThaSoutheast
Waterboy

Post by BeatsInThaSoutheast »

Not a big fan of Minford. Ecspecially after the comments they left about how lucky Oak Hill got when we beat them. We wanted that game more and we played harder so we won. I wanted them to beat Burg and they did, so i will say good job. But going with West on this one.

Return to “Football”