Site Admin

OVC (1-7) South Point @ (1-7) Rock Hill

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: OVC (1-7) South Point @ (1-7) Rock Hill

Post by fuzzhead »

Game of the week in the OVC. This will be the battle for 3rd place.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

I'm gonna take Rock Hill in this one..
As long as they run the ball and not pass every play they'll be fine..

ItownFanatic
Waterboy

Post by ItownFanatic »

i hope Rock Hill can pull this one off. it's kind of disappointing that they haven't had much success this year, but a win is precious either way. good luck to both teams

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

This will be a great game but I see the Pointers coming out on top.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Once again, Rock Hill's offensive line is. . . well. . . offensive. Not much of a running game either.
South Point has the better line and the better running game.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Man, I must have seen a different game where CG just completely dismantled RH according to you...it was a 10 point game with less than 8 min to go in the game. CG hadn't done much on offense since the first play of the 2nd quarter...RH had taken over the game but due to missing a 2 pt conversion chose to go for it deep in their own territory. They didn't make it, then on a 4th and 4 CG hits a big pass to ice the game. Congrats on the win fuzzhead, but don't tear down RH's team when they gave the Hornets all they wanted. It is laughable to read how you and other CG posters blame the refs for a close game and how CG "hid" their offensive attack. I would bet that Fairland has quite a bit of film on the CG attack anyway...unless CG ran something different against SP and Meigs as they did vs RH since Fairland will have both of those films also.

My impressions of CG:
1. They can't pass block...RH rushed 4/5 all night to get pressure
2. They can't pass cover...CG will blitz the house when a team spreads them out because they can't cover.
3. The Woods are the key, tackle them and you win the game. Missed tackles killed RH in the 1st quarter.
4. CG does not have confidence in the kicking game. IF CG makes it to the playoffs , they will lose because of this.
5. CG has some Classy kids, but the Coaching staff really lacks in it. Was CG trying to start something by coming out on RH's sideline and running down the 40 on RH's side of the field???? NO CLASS...in all my days of playing/ watching HS football I have never witnessed an act that CG tried to pull to start the game.
6. RH played MANY young kids on both sides of the ball...we WILL be back. Enjoy your win.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

inbredfootballfan: I was wanting to shake your hand or give you a cigar after your successful prediction of the game! :lol:

footballfan wrote: Man, I must have seen a different game where CG just completely dismantled RH according to you...it was a 10 point game with less than 8 min to go in the game. CG hadn't done much on offense since the first play of the 2nd quarter...RH had taken over the game but due to missing a 2 pt conversion chose to go for it deep in their own territory.

Coal Grove was toying with the young Redmen - toying with them. :lol:
At no time was Coal Grove in danger of losing the game. Wood had 71 yards on his two TD runs alone. After his 2nd TD run, he didn't touch the ball much (if at all). Instead, Coal Grove started giving the ball to their 2nd-string fullback (#40) who missed last week due to illness, and the senior tailback (#34). Only in the 2nd half did they really start pounding away at the Redmen with Delawder (who Rock Hill had NO answer for).
Everytime CG was driving, the refs iced the drive with a big penalty.
Where did I say CG dismantled the Redmen, anyway? :lol:

footballfan wrote:Congrats on the win fuzzhead, but don't tear down RH's team when they gave the Hornets all they wanted. It is laughable to read how you and other CG posters blame the refs for a close game and how CG "hid" their offensive attack. I would bet that Fairland has quite a bit of film on the CG attack anyway...unless CG ran something different against SP and Meigs as they did vs RH since Fairland will have both of those films also.

It was what it was. I'm 95% sure #2 from CG was hit with punches during one of his runs. The Hill was cheap and dirty and the refs were trying to keep them in the game, you could flat-out feel it.

footballfan wrote:My impressions of CG:
1. They can't pass block...RH rushed 4/5 all night to get pressure
2. They can't pass cover...CG will blitz the house when a team spreads them out because they can't cover.
3. The Woods are the key, tackle them and you win the game. Missed tackles killed RH in the 1st quarter.
4. CG does not have confidence in the kicking game. IF CG makes it to the playoffs , they will lose because of this.
5. CG has some Classy kids, but the Coaching staff really lacks in it. Was CG trying to start something by coming out on RH's sideline and running down the 40 on RH's side of the field???? NO CLASS...in all my days of playing/ watching HS football I have never witnessed an act that CG tried to pull to start the game.
6. RH played MANY young kids on both sides of the ball...we WILL be back. Enjoy your win.

The topic is South Point/Rock Hill, not "The Flaws of Coal Grove according to footballfan". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay classy, buddy.

Since 1951: Coal Grove 45, Rock Hill 14.

Since 1928: Coal Grove 79, Rock Hill/Rock Hill Consolidated Schools 21.

Rivalry? I think not. :roll:

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Stay Classy Fuzz, you sure you are not on the FB staff? LOL at the jabs at the officials for keeping the games close..LOL. Lucas has the CK connection crew working all the big home games.

Toying with the Redmen, yeah, I bet Lucas said before the game "Let's get stopped on a goal line stand and give the ball back to RH with a lead of 10 with 8 minutes to go after giving up a 22 point advantage." Sounds like great Hall Of Fame coaching...whatever dude. RH nearly recovered an on-sides kick after the second TD, I guess that would be on the refs too....

CG won a great game...Congrats.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

footballfan wrote:Stay Classy Fuzz, you sure you are not on the FB staff? LOL at the jabs at the officials for keeping the games close..LOL. Lucas has the CK connection crew working all the big home games.

Be sure to grab a newspaper tomorrow and check the penalty yardage in favor of Rock Hill in comparison to their offensive production.

footballfan wrote:Toying with the Redmen, yeah, I bet Lucas said before the game "Let's get stopped on a goal line stand and give the ball back to RH with a lead of 10 with 8 minutes to go after giving up a 22 point advantage." Sounds like great Hall Of Fame coaching...whatever dude. RH nearly recovered an on-sides kick after the second TD, I guess that would be on the refs too....

Again, what did CG have to lose if they didn't make it on the goal line? Rock Hill took over with awful field position, down two scores. Coal Grove was never in danger of losing the game. The Coal Grove defense played nearly flawless except for two lapses in pass coverage and whatever penalties they racked up that were actually deserved. Rock Hill's pass-first-ask-questions-later offense scares no one. Their line play has been awful for two years in a row. I'm guessing that is the reason Coal Grove wasn't afraid to play defense against Rock Hill.

Again, the topic is South Point/Rock Hill, not "incessant backwoods ramblings of toothless Rock Hill fans about dim golly-dang'd hornits". :roll:

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Again...search for excuses. RH can make a case they tackled poorly in the 1st quarter to give up big plays for scores. But hey, CG just dominated. So now they didn't score on pupose to give RH poor field position...LOL

By the way, you show your true colors by talking like an ignorant never was...have I touched a nerve? Enjoy your season Fuzz, I love how you talk about kids and trash them while you never played a down that mattered.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

footballfan wrote: Again...search for excuses. RH can make a case they tackled poorly in the 1st quarter to give up big plays for scores. But hey, CG just dominated. So now they didn't score on pupose to give RH poor field position...LOL

I didn't say CG purposely didn't score. I said they had nothing to lose by going for it because they were up two scores and their defense was containing Rock Hill with ease for the most part.

footballfan wrote:By the way, you show your true colors by talking like an ignorant never was...have I touched a nerve? Enjoy your season Fuzz, I love how you talk about kids and trash them while you never played a down that mattered.

Footballfan, this is a chat forum. People talk about football on here. No, you haven't touched a nerve. I'll be the first to tell you I wasn't a good football player. I doubt that most people on here were star football players. I haven't talked badly about anyone on Rock Hill's team. I haven't dragged anyone's name through the mud. I haven't trashed anyone.

Now go stick a piece of wheat in your mouth and go play your banjo out on your porch.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

LOL Fuzz...Ridgeweed won bigtime again...looks like CG is on the bubble even if they beat Fairland

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

It's going to be an exciting finish to the season, that's for sure!

Ridgeweed has another tough game next week against Malvern.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Just think its funny how coal grove people always say South Point fans complain about the refs but thats all I have seen them talk about since the rock hill game.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Buckfan, you have my word that I wouldn't be bringing it up unless there was a real problem.
I wasn't the one who dragged this whole debate onto the SOUTH POINT/ROCK HILL THREAD.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

fuzzhead wrote:Buckfan, you have my word that I wouldn't be bringing it up unless there was a real problem.
I wasn't the one who dragged this whole debate onto the SOUTH POINT/ROCK HILL THREAD.

I was not at the game so I am not going to comment on it but I do agree if That man has a problem take it to the Coal Grove/Hill thread.

I look for the pointers to win this game and their game against the peake as well

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I, too, see the Pointers winning this one if they can hold onto the ball and keep Rock Hill's passing game in check.
Dillon should have another huge night.

Go Bucks!
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks! »

Fuzzhead, that's so funny how you make fun of RH people like you do. Hello pot, meet kettle! I mean really, isn't the whole point of the RH/CG rivalry is to see who is the bigger hilljack? Gimme a break if you think that just because you live 5 miles to the east that you are some how superior. Really?

Now you can go back to pondering how to spend what's left of your government check since you spent all your money bailing your mom out of jail. Oh, and you might want to go on out to your front porch to make sure your neighbors can't smell the meth cookin'.

Have a lovely evening, genius!
Last edited by Go Bucks! on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

After having watched two quarters of this game, I seriously doubt the Grove was ever in any danger of losing this one. Seriously, I'm not even a Grove fan and that was obvious. :lol:

Return to “Football”