Re: WK4 (2-1) Meigs @ (0-3) Vinton County

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Running clock.meigs big

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Coach Downs will have his team ready to play but he doesn't have the talent to keep up with Meigs. He will have the Vikings back soon though.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Meigs wins.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Meigs by 3 TDs

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Might be closer then you think with meigs losing there QB and that will hurt both sides of the ball but I'll still take meigs.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Meigs D should still beable to hold VC

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Same score, JV will just get in a little slower.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Is Bartrum the only loss for Meigs? I heard they had a few other injuries. Who takes over at QB for them? I watched their JV game at GAHS. The QB in that game was a tall, big-armed and athletic player that was as fundamental as any young qb I have watched in a while.....will he be the starter this week? I think he is a very good player. Anyone know his name and if he will be starting vs the Vikings?

Also, I wanted to wish Cody a speedy recovery. I really enjoy watching him play and cannot imagine his disappointment right now. Hopefully he will be able to return to finish his senior season at the helm.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

HoopsHotHead wrote:Is Bartrum the only loss for Meigs? I heard they had a few other injuries. Who takes over at QB for them? I watched their JV game at GAHS. The QB in that game was a tall, big-armed and athletic player that was as fundamental as any young qb I have watched in a while.....will he be the starter this week? I think he is a very good player. Anyone know his name and if he will be starting vs the Vikings?

Also, I wanted to wish Cody a speedy recovery. I really enjoy watching him play and cannot imagine his disappointment right now. Hopefully he will be able to return to finish his senior season at the helm.
The player you saw is Isaiah Fish. He's a sophomore. Athletic kid and solid future QB. You might know him from the hardwood. Anyway, I would assume junior Zach Helton will be starting this week, but I couldn't tell you for sure right now.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

This game will be interesting...I think we will be okay on Offense, might take a few possessions to get going. Defensively I worry about the run...We give up 180 yards a game rushing and that's with Cody Bartrum in the game. (Although several yards were gained on the ground without Hood in the 2nd Half versus Logan) As for our Passing Defense, we really haven't been tested yet, but we have only given up 40 yards passing a game, and several of those came in the first game versus Gallipolis with the JV in during the 2nd Half. (We will miss Bartrum's pressure on the QB I'm sure)

I think we will do better then some think...And for people like Ironman99 that has repeatedly said that we are NOTHING without Cody Bartrum, I guess you get to find out...and I sure hope we prove you wrong...It totally sucks not having him on that field, so much heart to come out and play an entire 2nd half on a fractured foot. We wouldn't have won that game without him, His heart and determination Won that game for us. He may not be on that field for the weeks to come, but I guarantee that boy has enough heart on that sideline to motivate these boys to get the job done.

Go Meigs!!!

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

VC gets first win here.

VCPops
Freshman Team

Post by VCPops »

With Meigs fine QB being out the Vikes have a very good chance of pulling the upset if they can play a little better defense and minimize the turnovers. Good luck Vikings

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

I think Meigs will be too quick on Offense for VC to cover, I look for Tyler Garretson to have a big game, I think out Defense will struggle, but don't think we struggle against the run like we did versus Amanda or Logan. Just don't think VC Offense are half as good as AC or Logan.

Hopefully everyone on both teams stay healthy.

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

VC seems to be on the right track offensively but needs to button up on the defensive side. Going to be hard to do that against a team like Meigs. With the Bartrum boy out Meigs is going to have to look to other players, which I am sure they have. VC picks it up this week and gives Meigs a run for their money but still comes up short.

Meigs: 35
VC: 21

notsurprised2
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised2 »

The new kid Garretson looks good no doubt. However with QB Bartrum out I personally wouldnt trade VC's 5 best players for the top 5 from meigs. Meigs may have more depth which could be a factor in determining this game. I believe now VC has the top 5 or 6 players on the field tonight. Hope that is enough to get the W.

Meigs parent
Waterboy

Post by Meigs parent »

One guy dont make a team cody is good there r others play to win GO MEIGS

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Even without the bartrum boy meigs wins. ps never did say meigs is nothing without him but definitely his presence will be greatly missed.

Meigs parent
Waterboy

Post by Meigs parent »

Should be a good game .

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

notsurprised2 wrote:The new kid Garretson looks good no doubt. However with QB Bartrum out I personally wouldnt trade VC's 5 best players for the top 5 from meigs. Meigs may have more depth which could be a factor in determining this game. I believe now VC has the top 5 or 6 players on the field tonight. Hope that is enough to get the W.
Best players on the field tonight will determine the game, not the depth chart...Sorry, but Meigs has way more talent on that football field, this isn't basketball.

Return to “Football”