Vinton County 41 Meigs 29

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: WK4 (2-1) Meigs @ (0-3) Vinton County

Post by Dundas »

Boy that crow must taste great! Lol

Nice win Vikings!!

Was cool to see both teams meet in the middle of the field after a hard fought game for a prayer. Classy by both staffs and players. Good luck the rest of the way Meigs!

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

If meigs was so loaded with talent why the loss could it be in the coaching or have you over evaluated the level of talent. Ps vinton's first win.great win vinton county

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

NewEra wrote:Called it.
Good call. 41 points in the second half is insane. Congrats to the Vikings. Meigs had a lot of injuries, but it was still beat a quality team on the field that VC beat tonight.

Someonebetter
Waterboy

Post by Someonebetter »

Wow! Was Meigs playing with kids hurt? I was thinking Meigs would win this one easily.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Has Meigs came out of the locker room for the 2nd half?

I will stand by Meigs having more talent, is it used right...nope, sure isn't..VC has Yates, he literally kicked our butts the 2nd half on the same plays over and over...We simply didn't get the ball to bounce our way, not going to win many ball games on 4 turnovers in one half and then a bad snap over the punters head to the 3 yard line. If anything bad could happen it happened tonight in the 2nd half.

And it doesn't help when Garretson went out after his TD with a possible color-bone break and his backup was Cullums in which didn't practice and was in a boot and on crutches all week during practice.

I will say this, VC figured out the 2 plays that beat us and we couldn't stop it. I have heard that there was only 4 penalties on VC all night, 3 of them being false starts and the other a hands to the face. But I won't blame the loss on that...We simply didn't come out of the locker room the 2nd half.

And Ironman99, dude you are bipolar....bet the highlight of your night was to come online and put down the Meigs boys.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Someonebetter wrote:Wow! Was Meigs playing with kids hurt? I was thinking Meigs would win this one easily.
Garretson went out in 2nd quarter after he had a TD, Cullums replaced him, in which he was in a boot and on crutches til yesterday, Trae Hood is at about 50%, KJ Tracy is playing with a sprained hand. We were pretty beat up coming into the game.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Vinton County 41 Meigs 29

Post by Poo Bear »

Congrats to VC on your big upset win !
No one have you a chance . A few more weeks and the Ironmen will have a crack at the marauders . Should be a dandy

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

ma77ox wrote:Has Meigs came out of the locker room for the 2nd half?

I will stand by Meigs having more talent, is it used right...nope, sure isn't..VC has Yates, he literally kicked our butts the 2nd half on the same plays over and over...We simply didn't get the ball to bounce our way, not going to win many ball games on 4 turnovers in one half and then a bad snap over the punters head to the 3 yard line. If anything bad could happen it happened tonight in the 2nd half.

And it doesn't help when Garretson went out after his TD with a possible color-bone break and his backup was Cullums in which didn't practice and was in a boot and on crutches all week during practice.

I will say this, VC figured out the 2 plays that beat us and we couldn't stop it. I have heard that there was only 4 penalties on VC all night, 3 of them being false starts and the other a hands to the face. But I won't blame the loss on that...We simply didn't come out of the locker room the 2nd half.

And Ironman99, dude you are bipolar....bet the highlight of your night was to come online and put down the Meigs boys.
I think you are right. Meigs hasn't really found their identity. We have a good supply of athletes. I'm not sue the style is fitting with the personnel, mainly on defense. I've always thought we needed a more thorough focus on defense in our program. We are very offensive heavy in our focus. I don't know as I can only assume that the Coaches on the staff know more than I do, but I think eventually neglecting defense catches up to you. Offensively, we have had very few sustained drives. We depend on big strikes.

Like I said, the coaches know more than me, but this is my take and obviously it is the job of the players to execute.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Great job Vikings!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

You have the worst excuses ma770x and you have few more beat down's coming .you haven't beat a team with a win yet.simply not that good.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironman99 wrote:If meigs was so loaded with talent why the loss could it be in the coaching or have you over evaluated the level of talent. Ps vinton's first win.great win vinton county
When you do not have your top QB in the game and his defense it does make a difference.
Meigs jump out first but sort of fell apart. Logan is bad this year and the VC coaches did their home work on scouting lasts week Meigs/Logan game.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

BlizzardMan wrote:

I think you are right. Meigs hasn't really found their identity. We have a good supply of athletes. I'm not sue the style is fitting with the personnel, mainly on defense. I've always thought we needed a more thorough focus on defense in our program. We are very offensive heavy in our focus. I don't know as I can only assume that the Coaches on the staff know more than I do, but I think eventually neglecting defense catches up to you. Offensively, we have had very few sustained drives. We depend on big strikes.

Like I said, the coaches know more than me, but this is my take and obviously it is the job of the players to execute.
I am by means not a Coach either, but I do think we rely too much on dropping back and throwing an up for grabs ball, we are designed to throw the ball to exactly where it is said to throw it and not looking for the open guy, but of course this is all new, having to throw in Helton that hadn't Quarterbacked since the 8th grade, so he isn't used to reading the defense. We need more short passes, reverses, hb options...we have SPEED, especially on Offense..>Defense we are great against the pass, especially the deep pass...little dink passes get us and we can't stop the run it seems...We will see more what we have next week since this week was all new to us.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

What week do the maurader come to alumni stadium ?
Will be a war !

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ironman99 wrote:You have the worst excuses ma770x and you have few more beat down's coming .you haven't beat a team with a win yet.simply not that good.
Ironman99 I do believe this group is good and honestly think injuries hurt them big time. All of ma77ox's injury statuses were correct. I do believe the issue is more than injuries, but it's hard to fill so many holes when you have so many injuries.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Get ready boys! The Buckeye Express will be waiting for you in 2 weeks. :)

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

ma77ox wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:

I am by means not a Coach either, but I do think we rely too much on dropping back and throwing an up for grabs ball, we are designed to throw the ball to exactly where it is said to throw it and not looking for the open guy, but of course this is all new, having to throw in Helton that hadn't Quarterbacked since the 8th grade, so he isn't used to reading the defense. We need more short passes, reverses, hb options...we have SPEED, especially on Offense..>Defense we are great against the pass, especially the deep pass...little dink passes get us and we can't stop the run it seems...We will see more what we have next week since this week was all new to us.
I couldn't agree more with your assessment.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I am a little shocked but Meigs will bounce back. Coach Downs is a very good coach and VC will only get better...

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Ironman99 wrote:You have the worst excuses ma770x and you have few more beat down's coming .you haven't beat a team with a win yet.simply not that good.
Ironman99 I do believe this group is good and honestly think injuries hurt them big time. All of ma77ox's injury statuses were correct. I do believe the issue is more than injuries, but it's hard to fill so many holes when you have so many injuries.
He doesn't have a clue and proves it week after week posting about his obsession of Meigs. Hell last week he said 2-2 D4 Meigs defense wasn't good because they gave up more points than 4-0 D1 Dublin Jerome. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh like that wasn't a given.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

What excuses am I giving, I give my opinions of what I think is wrong, I give detailed facts...Read my first statement..I said Meigs didn't come out of the locker room at the half.

You on the other hand can't make up your mind who is good and who isn't...One moment your saying oh meigs wont be any count, then you try to say, oh I didn't say that...How knowledgeable are you of the game? Go back and read your posts, you seriously have multiple personalities.

We got our butts handed to us the 2nd half, I am not saying it was because of injuries, because of coaching...we played horrible, we had no rythem, we couldn't get one thing to go our way the 2nd half. We played sloppy.

Yes I thought for sure we would beat VC, because I believe in the Meigs kids, just like any parent or Alumni would. I know what Meigs has talent wise, I didn't factor in that we are brand new without Bartrum, I knew he would be a HUGE loss, but didn't anticipate this much...Would we still have lost this game with him? Who knows.

All I know that first half we played as a TEAM, we were clicking, little short passes, some gains on the ground...Then the 2nd half was TOTALLY different.

But it's a new week, and coming up we will see Ironman99 over in the Meigs versus River Valley topic saying how much we suck and how great Jackson is....Your just a Meigs Hater in which is sad when you say you have family from here.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Congrats Vinton County. Big win

Return to “Football”