SOC2 Championship: Valley (7-2, 3-1) @ Minford (8-1, 4-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

coop
SEOPS

SOC2 Championship: Valley (7-2, 3-1) @ Minford (8-1, 4-0)

Post by coop »

And it's here....it's been obvious that these 2 have become pretty good rivals. Valley took on on the chin up at Wheelersburg, and Minford struggled with Waverly...I know ALL of Wheelersburg will be rooting for the Indians this week.

It's simple...Minford wins and they are the SOC 2 OUTRIGHT Champs. Valley wins and Burg beats West...your champs are Valley, Minford, Burg.

Bottom line is Valley has a chance to win the SOC 2 title, and that in itself is enough whether it be a share or not. Good Luck to both teams and hope it's injury free!

Prediction:

Valley 17

Minford 14

FG to win it late 4th by Richards...

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 10: SOC Championship: Lucasville Valley @ Minford

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

After seeing some of the posts on the Burg/Valley thread this past week my prediction is this thread doesn't last 3 days before it is shut down. lol

Good luck Valley!!!

All of Wheelersburg will be rooting for you guys. :-D

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:After seeing some of the posts on the Burg/Valley thread this past week my prediction is this thread doesn't last 3 days before it is shut down. lol

Good luck Valley!!!

All of Wheelersburg will be rooting for you guys. :-D

Yea and it's a shame...

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

As long as Sweet Pea and Sugar Plum behave themselves, I'll be good. :12224

But as soon as they dowg our players and especially the COACH, the gloves are off. I won't allow coach bashing by the twisted go unchecked! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

GOOD LUCK INDIANS!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Hopefully we can all play nice this week. Be a shame to have to make a new thread before Monday :lol:

minford-35
valley-14

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Minford comes out and takes care of business.
Not a blowout but 10-14 point win.
Though I really hope Valley comes in and pulls out the win. Doubt it though.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

both teams will come to play. valley lost tonight by the burg by a big number...but i was impressed at the start that valley had. i'm pulling for valley, unfortunately minford will win in a close one. go valley...and go burg!!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

After seeing my Tigers play both teams in mud fests I have to go with the Falcons at home.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

All good points. One thing I'd like to bring up is the year that Minford defeated Burg, and Burg blew Valley out.....but the Indians manhandled the Falcons in week 10. Not that it will happen this time, BUT I think Valley will give it all they have!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford wins 48-0

Ok now that I have you stirred up, I will take Minford 28-21. Both teams will play hard but Minford unfortunately has been looking at this game the last 2 weeks. They will be ready to play. I will play nice all week too.

I see Valley having some success in the air but if Burg ran for over 400 yards against Valley I see Minford having alot of success on the ground.

Good luck to both teams on an injury free game. After last year we dont have to talk this game up, they will be ready to play.

Go FALCONS

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Well the records can be thrown out for this one. As if this game didn't need anymore hype it's now for the SOC II Championship. Hopefully this thread can stay open all week but I'm not holding my breath. It sounds like Minford should be able to run the ball, but valley can throw. Should be an all time great high school football game between two heated rivals for a league championship, just what high school football is all about.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

F-4 Phantom wrote:As long as Sweet Pea and Sugar Plum behave themselves, I'll be good. :12224

But as soon as they dowg our players and especially the COACH, the gloves are off. I won't allow coach bashing by the twisted go unchecked! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

GOOD LUCK INDIANS!

Dont worry Phantom I wont worry bout you coach this week.....he's got enough on his mind. :lol:

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Lets hope the Indians stay in the traditional 4 4 defensive, if so we should be able to run the ball on the edge. Slone will get his yards up the gut. I look for a very good and exciting game. I am sure the Falcon and the Indians will come to play. Minford needs to stop the fade route, and everything else should fall in place. Valley isn’t afraid to throw the ball anytime, and they bring out all the gadgets play this week. They have noting to lose and everything to gain. The team that plays to conservative will lose in this contest. Special teams could very well decide this one. Good Luck to boy of Minford, win it outright.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

After the last two weeks, Minford has alot to prove. We haven't played good football since the West game. Last night was one of the sloppiest games I have ever seen. I think everyone was playing with Valley on their mind. We just done enough to win, and nothing more.

But, I think Valley will bring out the best of us. The Falcons will be so ready for this game. Last year we went to Valley and played just like we did last night. We just played well enough to win, kinda looking past Valley, and forward to the play-offs. That won't happen this year, Minford has been looking for this game all year. And it worked out perfect, this one is for the thing we have been after, The Golden Football. And like I said before, we want it all to ourselves, we won't share.

We have to put pressure on the QB, to slow down their passing. We have to run the ball, and control the clock. And we have to hit people, and let them know that their in Our House!!!

And Valley beware; these are the games ole' #7 loves. I see #7 showing everybody that he is the Best QB in the SOC II. The way he has shined in the two big SOC II games was just the beginning. I think he will take this game on his shoulders and lead my Falcons to a win.

Minford 35
Valley 14

Good luck to both teams. And nobody gets hurt.

And before I go I would like to wish Crabtree, the Best of Luck, on his recovery. I hate to hear about anybody getting hurt, especially as serious as this. Hopefully everything will be O.K. Hope to see you on the baseball field this year, playing for one of the best baseball coaches I have ever been around. Good Luck!!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley has alot to play for in this game..

They are STILL in the playoff hunt and ARE NOT among the teams ME by eitel, not to mention the SOC 2 title....lay it all on the line Indians!! GOOD LUCK

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

The Falcons have alot to play for as well. The SOC outright champs for only the second time in school history and a home playoff game!!!! Things could get crazy in minford this friday 8)

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

mikenmike wrote:The Falcons have alot to play for as well. The SOC outright champs for only the second time in school history and a home playoff game!!!! Things could get crazy in minford this friday 8)

Agreed! Hoping it's a great game!

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I recall going back and forth on several occasions with Coop back in the "Good Ole Days". As for the game, should be a nice little backyard battle. I think emotions will be running high in a very physical football game. Daniels and Co. will have the kids ready to go with hosting a game in week 11 and and an outright gold football on the line.
Last edited by knowledge on Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

Minford will dominate all phases of the game. Where was that amazing passing attack from Valley last night. Thats right they are overrated like i said.

MINFORD 35
VALLEY 7

oldcoachb
JV Team

Re: SOC2 Championship: Valley (7-2, 3-1) @ Minford (8-1, 4-0)

Post by oldcoachb »

FIDO wrote:You guys just can't help yourselves, can you? The amazing passing game showed up like West's amazing run attack during Week 8! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think West better worry about the payback the Burg is about to dish out on your team this week. Shank and Craigmiles both will prove better runners than your dynamic duo! :lol: :lol: :lol: Burg will dominate all phases of your game too.

Burg 62
Senators 0

LOL!!!

Return to “Football”