JV Team

Re: River Valley @ Rock Hill

Post by jl724 »

I'll take RH by 3 td's.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Rock Hill should be able to name the score.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Actually, it almost looked like RV was going to give CG a little bit of a game early in on Friday night. The ref crew was a new one to RV from Parkersburg and they were really throwing the flags on what was essentially unsportsmanlike conduct by CG. A lot of late hits, etc. I thought that the entire episode showed bad form by CG's staff. I hope that they draw Oak Hill in the playoffs if both teams make it. Oak Hill's front line is punishing but much more disciplined and will enjoy that type of ball and be able to give it back in spades. That is one game I would travel to see.

RV played their best game of the year at home and never gave up but the score represents the result, even with all of the penalties. They may just give RH a game as well. It will be fun to watch these two struggling teams go at it to avoid the bottom of the league.

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

sandman wrote: It will be fun to watch these two struggling teams go at it to avoid the bottom of the league.

Ummm Rock Hill winning this game, and CG beating fairland will give RH a 2nd place tie in the league... >.>

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I apologize for the error. Regardless, it is enjoyable to go to RH. I think that they are a very classy organization and always feel welcome there whatever the situation.

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

going with Rock Hill

brhs07
Waterboy

Post by brhs07 »

Going to go with Rock Hill by as many as they want

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

The Hill by at least 2 TD's. I see a turnaround in the program in the near future, and hopefully a restructuring of the league so we (and the other OVC teams) don't have to go to Cheshire ( oops, forgot it is not a town anymore ).

This coming from a Grover???

Darn Right!!!

p.s. can't leave without a 1, 2, KTH!!!

Good luck Redmen.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

readn,writn,&rt243 wrote:The Hill by at least 2 TD's. I see a turnaround in the program in the near future, and hopefully a restructuring of the league so we (and the other OVC teams) don't have to go to Cheshire ( oops, forgot it is not a town anymore ).

Darn Right!!!

Good luck Redmen.

Why is that? You want River Valley out of the league? Is Pedro a city? haha

P.huck
Waterboy

Post by P.huck »

Has RV won any games this year? I really haven't had time to pay attention.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

gahs4ever wrote:
And I dont understand the logic of some in the OVC who seem to resent having to go to Cheshire EVERY OTHER YEAR for football without thinking that Cheshire has to go to Lawrence County for half of their league games EVERY YEAR.

You're right on the money here, GAHS4ever.

The only reason I think RV should possibly leave the conference would be to go indy and build the program back up. That won't happen though because RV is competitive in almost all other sports.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

it was ,and i dont bash, i tell facts

OVCfan
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan »

Good luck and get after it tonight Hill!

Thank You to the Seniors playing your last game tonight for ol' RHHS. There's been some good and bad times over the last 4 years, and regardless of the wins and losses you represented the school in a positive manner. So put on the jersey one last time and take it all in tonight and enjoy, you're gonna remember this last game forever.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Once after RVHS gets all their programs in order at the new school in Bidwell, I think you will see big improvements in all the Raiders' athletic programs, including football.

People forget how Kyger Creek, in the old school near Cheshire, dominated SVAC football in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

hound dog
Waterboy

Post by hound dog »

readn,writn,&rt243 wrote:The Hill by at least 2 TD's. I see a turnaround in the program in the near future, and hopefully a restructuring of the league so we (and the other OVC teams) don't have to go to Cheshire ( oops, forgot it is not a town anymore ).

Darn Right!!!

Good luck Redmen.

Everyone gripes about having to travel all that way to RV. Well you guys only do it once, we have to travel all the way to Lawrence County for every league game. Your all in what a 20 mile radiouse of each other? Fairland is closest to us and thats at least 45 min.

hound dog
Waterboy

Post by hound dog »

Jottings wrote:Once after RVHS gets all their programs in order at the new school in Bidwell, I think you will see big improvements in all the Raiders' athletic programs, including football.

People forget how Kyger Creek, in the old school near Cheshire, dominated SVAC football in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

Untill there are substantial changes in the superintendants office and their support of our athletic programs you won't see much change. Not because the kids, coaches and parents aren't fighting for it but because Charla Evans wants to push our excellent academics (which is absolutely first) and wants to controll our kids in ways that only parent should.

OVCfan
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan »

Rock Hill - 56
River Valley - 6

Final

Great job Redmen! Awesome touchdown Mr. Bare #9. Glad I stayed around to see it!

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

CONGRATS TO ALL THE SENIORS! AND GO REDMEN!

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

Hec of a game Redmen, cant wait to see them next year!

GO Redmen!!!

Return to “Football”