D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

Bdog_198807
Varsity

D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Post by Bdog_198807 »

This has the makeings of a great game who wins?
Last edited by Bdog_198807 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Burg Vs Monroe?

Post by ironman02 »

I'm not sure that game is locked in yet. Ridgewood has a couple beaten opponents who play tomorrow. They could potentially jump Coal Grove and Burg, which might create a Burg-Minford rematch.

At least that's the way I'm interpreting Joe Eitel right now. I may just be mixed up.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

I hope your right that would be awsome.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ridgewood actually has four opponents playing tomorrow night.

Those are Shadyside, Conotton Valley, Catholic Central, and Tuscarawas Central Catholic. CV and TCC play each other, so Ridewood is guaranteed of 3.5 L2 points because both schools are D6.

I had a few scenarios worked out before, but they aren't correct because I missed the fact that CV and TCC play each other. Depending on the outcomes of Ridgewood's opponents and the VASJ game, Ridgewood could jump Wheelersburg and/or Coal Grove. I've already messed up the possibilities once, so I'm just going to let them play out and see what happens instead of doing them again. :-D

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

calpreps has it 26-24 MC

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I wouldn't be opposed to the Burg dropping to 6th or 7th and playing either Minford or Oak Hill. A lot closer games either way.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Nevermind, I had to do it. :-D

If VASJ wins, and Shadyside and Steubenville Catholic Central win, Burg and Ridgewood would be tied at 19.5000. (TCC and Conotton Valley give Ridgewood the same amount of points since they play each other.)

If VASJ wins, and either Shadyside or Steubenville Central Catholic lose, Burg remains ahead of Ridgewood.

If VASJ loses, Ridgewood still needs both Shadyside and Steubenville Central Catholic to win to pass Burg.

If Ridgewood gets a win from only Shadyside or Steubenville Central Catholic (plus the automatic points from the TCC and CV game), they will tie Coal Grove at 19.0500 points.

***In the event of a tie, L3 points will break the tie. That would be the total of all beaten opponents L2 points.

I think that may cover it, but don't put complete trust in this.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

winner of this one could win region 19 I know Minford & Fredericktown will have something to say about but I feel the winner of this game has an excellant shot to go to the final 4 IMO

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to the Burg dropping to 6th or 7th and playing either Minford or Oak Hill. A lot closer games either way.

I agree with 77. This would suck to drive 3 hours. I hope we do drop enough to play minford or oak hill

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

this could be a very long night for the burg if we play monroe central. watch the qb derek-london dierkes on some of the video.

http://www.wtov9.com/monroe-central/index.html

10.3.09 HIGHLIGHTS Monroe Vs Buckeye Trail
10.9.09 HIGHLIGHTS Shenandoah Vs Monroe Central

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

guess it's official. burg and monroe central in round round. vasj and steubenville catholic central both lost

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Mad_Dogg wrote:guess it's official. burg and monroe central in round round. vasj and steubenville catholic central both lost

VASJ won and now awaits and hopes for a Tuscarawas Valley and Danville loss to get that 8th spot in region 17.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

NewEra wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:guess it's official. burg and monroe central in round round. vasj and steubenville catholic central both lost

VASJ won and now awaits and hopes for a Tuscarawas Valley and Danville loss to get that 8th spot in region 17.

Tuscarawas Valley and Danville both won

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Re: Burg Vs Monroe 1st round playoff's

Post by Mad-Dogg »

calpreps prediction:

burg 26
monroe central 24

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Probably the best round 1 matchup out of the 4.

Burg just needs to go up there and take care of business. The good thing is the Burg is out of school on Friday, so they can leave whenever they want to. Don't have to leave school early.

What might hurt is the fan base. How many will be able to make that long travel. Since they have went to the 8 team format and the top 4 getting home games, I believe this is the first time that Burg has had to travel for the first game.

Go up there and take care of business Burg. Someone put on here that it looked like there QB had thrown for over 1,000 yards. So!!!! So had Utley for Valley and I'm sure that the St. Joe's QB threw for over a 1,000 yards this year as well. Burg just needs to continue to play the kind of ball they have been playing since the loss to Minford. They need to take care of the ball and need to not make stupid penalties.

Good luck Pirates. I will be out of town and will have to miss this game, so go ahead and win so that I can watch in week 2. :122245 :122245

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Post by fuzzhead »

In all fairness, I don't see a win that I'd call impressive on MC's schedule.
Burg has played the tougher schedule and I think it'll show.

Good luck Pirates.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

WB 34-19

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

The Pirates make the long trip worthwhile for its fans

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg and MC do have some history. The lady Pirates softball team lost to MC in the state finals in 2004, 1-0. Time to even things up Pirates.

football
Waterboy

Post by football »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Probably the best round 1 matchup out of the 4.

Burg just needs to go up there and take care of business. The good thing is the Burg is out of school on Friday, so they can leave whenever they want to. Don't have to leave school early.

What might hurt is the fan base. How many will be able to make that long travel. Since they have went to the 8 team format and the top 4 getting home games, I believe this is the first time that Burg has had to travel for the first game.

Go up there and take care of business Burg. Someone put on here that it looked like there QB had thrown for over 1,000 yards. So!!!! So had Utley for Valley and I'm sure that the St. Joe's QB threw for over a 1,000 yards this year as well. Burg just needs to continue to play the kind of ball they have been playing since the loss to Minford. They need to take care of the ball and need to not make stupid penalties.

Good luck Pirates. I will be out of town and will have to miss this game, so go ahead and win so that I can watch in week 2. :122245 :122245

In 03' Burg had to travel to Chesapeake in their first round matchup as the 6th seed.

Return to “Football”