Week 5 - Northwest @ Symmes Valley

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Week 5 - Northwest @ Symmes Valley

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Well, this week the Mohawks have arrived at the cross-roads of the 2011 season. A win gives them a real shot at a .500 or better season, a loss makes that .500 season start to fade away as the SOC-II schedule starts. The Vikings are favored by many to win the SOC-I and are playing solid football. Big week of practice for the Northwest kids. Take care of the ball and the offense will do it's part. Defense, this is your week! You HAVE to play inspired, heads up defense in order to win this football game. "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships"!

GO Blue 54
Waterboy

Re: Week 5 - Northwest @ Symmes Valley

Post by GO Blue 54 »

Nw has to play hard nose Defense and they have to pass the ball this week...SV is a well coach and played football team.. Good Luck Mohawks!!!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Kenraken Ahta wrote:Well, this week the Mohawks have arrived at the cross-roads of the 2011 season. A win gives them a real shot at a .500 or better season, a loss makes that .500 season start to fade away as the SOC-II schedule starts. The Vikings are favored by many to win the SOC-I and are playing solid football. Big week of practice for the Northwest kids. Take care of the ball and the offense will do it's part. Defense, this is your week! You HAVE to play inspired, heads up defense in order to win this football game. "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships"!
I agree 100% with your post. Northwest needs to get this win because win the SOC starts it is going to be tough sleding. Good luck this week.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

GO Blue 54 wrote:Nw has to play hard nose Defense and they have to pass the ball this week...SV is a well coach and played football team.. Good Luck Mohawks!!!

Excellent point! Passing game will be key to the Mohawk success on the offensive side of the football! You have to be able to get the attention off of LB in order for the running game to be effective. High percentage passes that can be completed or fall to the ground as an incompletion. Maybe thow in a little "hurry-up" offense to keep SV guessing (the kids are capable of running that). Anything like what happened in week #2 against the Tartans will have disastrous results. This team was two bad passes from being 4-0. Also, must not get behind on the road against these Vikings. The kids did a great job keeping their composure against ND, but can not get behind in this one! I am sure of this: The Mohawks will be ready to go Friday night. Big game gentlemen, you all know that. Have a good week at practice and leave it all out there on the field Friday night. Good Luck to the Mohawk Coaches and Players Friday night!!
Last edited by Kenraken Ahta on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

Best of luck to the Mohawks, the program is headed in the right direction there. probably another close game this week.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

SOC1 gets a measure of revenge, SV big. MD

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Good luck Mohawks.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

Northwest can't let Symmes Valley get ahead if they want to win it. Playing catch up ball won't beat a team like SV.

Vikingcountry
Waterboy

Post by Vikingcountry »

I think this game will be better than people think, but I still think SV will win. 32 - 18.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

"GOT TO" List for the Northwest Mohawks for Friday night at Symmes Valley:

1. "GOT TO" take care of the football..........no turnovers!
2. "GOT TO" play solid defense and force a 2 or 3 turnovers!
3. "GOT TO" mix the run and the pass successfully.
4. "GOT TO" win this football game if there is to be a .500 or better season this year in McDermott!

Good Luck Gentlemen!

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

If anyone can come to the Valley a little early, there will be a dinner from 5-7 and an auction from 6-7 in the high school cafeteria. This is to raise funds for a Symmes Valley junior who has been diagnosed with cancer. He is going to be undergoing treatments in Pittsburgh for at least four weeks.
The menu is pork sandwiches, brown beans, corn bread, and lots of other sides, drinks and desserts. Price is $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for students. All food has been donated and 100% of the money collected goes to the family.
Please come out and support this effort. Fans from Northwest are also welcome.

handwash77
Waterboy

Post by handwash77 »

Sv always seems to be good but not so fast my friend! im on the mohawk bandwagon. mohawks 24- SV 21

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

The VIKINGS will win this game! I agree that NW is better this year an i hope they continue to get better! they need to have atleast 1 great season where they make it to the playoffs! BUT.....this year i only see them winning 3 to 4 games unfortionately :( Waverly is the only game left, that NW just might beat this year but i doubt it! Good Luck to both teams an lets hope for a great game and injury free!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm goin with my ole neighbors the symmes valley vikings.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Prayers go out from Northwest for the young man at Symmes Valley battling cancer. May he beat his opponent and live to be an old Viking! Good luck in Pittsburgh young man!!

GO Blue 54
Waterboy

Post by GO Blue 54 »

Nw will win if they pass the ball 10-15 times tonight...If they dont they lose period.....Nw has to use there whole team, Sv will be following brown around all night long...The other boys got to step up and make it happen...

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

symmes valley by 14+

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Well, here we are, less than three hours to kick-off! I can not remember a game that carried this much weight for the Mohawk football program. Much to talk about after this game, about the direction this program is headed. Let's go to the game!! GOOD LUCK MOHAWKS!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

UPNYA4 wrote:It’s the Battle of the Toothless vs Mullets! LOL just kidding!!
Gonna take the The Mohawks!! 17-14

I hate to ask but .... ahh forget it. MD

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Good luck tn Northwest, get a W...I'd come out and support the team unfortunately Symmes Valley is at the a** end of the middle of nowhere and gas money is hard to come by these days

Return to “Football”