D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Mikenmike
JV Team

Re: D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Post by Mikenmike »

I know that they have several other good players, but if the conrad kid was not there then they wouldn't be 11-0 and playing right now.

lugnut61
Waterboy

Post by lugnut61 »

what r the stats on this conrad kid #5

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Good Luck Oaks!

With a balanced offense in D5 you are a threat!

Work hard, prepare, and give it your all!

mother_nature
Waterboy

Post by mother_nature »

Conrad has right around 1800 yards rushing and i beleive 34 tds. Also very solid defensively and returns punts and kicks where he is very dangerous.
I will not apologize for the comment about Minford leaving early. I read all week last week how Minford and the SOC were superior to the Wood and there schedule/league and I am reading it again this week. The IVC has 2 playoff teams remaining and had 3 qualify for the postseason. I have much respect for the SOC yet am fed up with posters on this site and their high horses. Hence the comment I made about overlooking this Wood team. I posted hats off to Minford as a community, team and staff following our matchup and hopefully the same can be said for Oak Hill following this weeks game.

mother_nature
Waterboy

Post by mother_nature »

As for where the Wood would be without Conrad, that can be said about almost any small school football team without their best player. Yet like someone mentioned about the Wood having other threats, gear up to stop Conrad and the other 3 backs will burn you. Starting backfield plus the splitend #15 make up their state qualifying 4 by 100 team and Conrad anchors that. 351 C/DE runs on the state qualifying 4 by 200 team and also was a regional qualifier in the open 400. This team isnt big but they make up for it in heart and speed.
Looking forward to an excellent football game between 2 very good teams. The Oaks appear to have the skill athletes to match up with the Wood and a significant size advantage.

cripple93
Waterboy

Post by cripple93 »

GOOD LUCK OAK HILL!!
Take em' out Fairchild!! :lol: :lol:

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i went back and looked at the b-ball team for oaks...the fairchild young man looks like he has put on 50pounds since the end of the state championship game :roll: :roll: wow did he get a pro trainer or what....about the roster for the wood here it is in a nut shell FAST - VERY FAST. WHEN YOU HAVE FAST AND ADD HITTING TO THAT OUCH.... i expect the 4x100 last leg D-lineman i think #51 to be in sloans face all night .... now that maple is not at the center .. ohh by the way what happened to that young man... :roll: good luck to both teams

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

good luck to oak hill from LOGAN! YOU ARE SEO!!

sider
All Conference

Re: D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) West Lafayette Ridgewood

Post by sider »

demaniac1 wrote:
sider wrote:
madfootballfan wrote:Oak Hill vs Wheelersburg week 13

If history repeats its self it will be: Ridgewood vs. Fredericktown week 13...but I'm hoping it won't this year
These teams match up well, they both are undefeated and play a lot of d6's, Oak Hill plays the best defense to stop the wing-t, the 5-2 (it gives the linebackers an easy key on the guards), but Oak Hill will not be able to load up the box...they will have to respect the jet sweep, because of ridgewood's speed...

Oak Hill needs to get the running game established, cut their splits and blow some people off the ball and run some play action off that, Ridgewood is a smash-mouth team, with team speed, so in this case the only way to fight fire is with fire...However, Oak Hill is a better passing team than Minford, so that outlet could be explored even more so in friday's game...I think it will be good, but then again then I've been wrong a lot this year

Did u get to see the game friday?

No I did not, I was just making a generaliztion about what I know from both teams, I know Ridgewood runs a very good jet series (I gathered this last year from West, and I doubt it has changed much)...I do believe that Ridgewood is faster than the Oaks and passing will be difficult for Oak Hill because of the aforementioned team speed...

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Oaks from South Gallia!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

sider; you are right. Ridgewood has alot of speed, and if they would have to set back and stop the pass, I think they can. In the Minford game, they just wanted to stop the run, and they loaded the box. We had some people open, at times, but they brought a lot of pressure on our QB.

What I am trying to say is, that Ridgewood has alot of speed, and experience. And that they will pick what they want to stop, and they will make you do the other. Their kids are well coached, and will do what it takes to get the job done. We used #27, to run the ball, in the first half, and they wasn't ready for him. He made alot of yards, but in the second half, they come out and shut him down. The Oak's coaching staff will get tested Friday, and will have to take what Ridgewood will give them. I am not saying that Ridgewood is so big, or so strong, that they will just come out and shut your offense down. I'm saying that they play smart and won't give up the big plays. Even when we would pass, the short passes were open, don't try and burn them deep, they are to fast.
Good Luck!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

ohhsgottagetthatblue
Waterboy

Post by ohhsgottagetthatblue »

i'm psyched for this game!

Big D23
Riding the Bench

Post by Big D23 »

I'm actually on the oak hill banned wagon now... Don't let this non sense on here get to you. All you guy's need to do is block their front 4 d-line if your successful that will make them have to stunt and that's where slone will find the gaps in the secondary and make big plays down field.... just keep your offense on the field win the turnover battle and i see a fast ridgewood team losing big ...... good luck from the REDSTREAKS

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mikenmike wrote:Yea the O looks like this
#5 conrad (x11)
D looks like this
#5 conrad (x11)

If the oaks d can stop him and the oaks O can run from him then they can win. Last week that kids name was seriously called EVERY play.

Wood-35
Oaks-21

Your are 100% right. If Oak Hill can stop #5, they can win. If not, they will be chasing him from behind to no avail just like Minford did last week in the second half.

Oak Hill has a big physical line, but Ridgewood has the fastest and quickest line and they dont wear down as the game goes on. Will be a good game for sure, I hope I can make it up.

mother_nature
Waterboy

Post by mother_nature »

Could someone help me out with where I can find an Oak Hill Roster?
I know hale is #32 and slone is #10, is Onerda #85? Who is #2?

lugnut61
Waterboy

Post by lugnut61 »

#2 joey maynard
#10 jesse slone
#21 daniel woods
#32 Weston hale
#34 devon davis
#85 kyle ondera

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

I hear Ridgewood brings a lot of speed to the table. We shall see how the Oaks can handle all around sound athletes with good speed.

ChainMan
Waterboy

Post by ChainMan »

mikenmike wrote:If the oaks d can stop him and the oaks O can run from him then they can win. Last week that kids name was seriously called EVERY play.

Maybe that's because his younger brother plays on the defense also.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Is his name Jake Conrad and is #5 also?

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

bushmaster24 wrote:i went back and looked at the b-ball team for oaks...the fairchild young man looks like he has put on 50pounds since the end of the state championship game :roll: :roll: wow did he get a pro trainer or what....about the roster for the wood here it is in a nut shell FAST - VERY FAST. WHEN YOU HAVE FAST AND ADD HITTING TO THAT OUCH.... i expect the 4x100 last leg D-lineman i think #51 to be in sloans face all night .... now that maple is not at the center .. ohh by the way what happened to that young man... :roll: good luck to both teams

I agree with this post. Oak Hill , your season ends Friday.

:12222

Return to “Football”