Complaints: What are yours(about the football experiance)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Complaints: What are yours(about the football experiance)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

In no order

Reserve seating at high schools games
Ticket prices going up
A PROGRAM SHOULD NEVER COST AS MUCH AS OR MORE THAN THE PRICE OF THE TICKET TO THE GAME
Paying for parking
No hot water in the restrooms

These are mine

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Re: Complaints: What are yours(about the football experiance)

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

I honestly don't have any I don't guess. I've only been to the RH games this year, my daughter cheers, it's been a good atmosphere this season. Very good quality football, we still have our biggest games coming up I've seen very little in the way injuries which is always good. This site gets a little wacky at times but I think that's fun too. By the way I like your reports of the games you go to Licking County Fan, I guess that's my one complaint. I'm a little envious of you getting to travel the state watching different games!! Lol pretty cool

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I hate reserve seats myself and pay for parking

and for us wellston folks when the announcer cares more about the band and or people at the game. then the football game

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

No school should have pay for parking during the regular season

Teams with away side bleachers so old that they feel unsafe

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The quality of officials that schools use in Southeastern Ohio.
It's not a great job and the pay sucks, but something has to be done because I see so many blown calls game after game at home and away on both sides.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Things I dislike!
Seating on only one side,
terrible bleachers on visitors side(River Valley).
Fields with tracks.
Irritating announcers ( Alexander),
Little or no parking.
Adults with Mohawks.

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:I hate reserve seats myself and pay for parking

and for us wellston folks when the announcer cares more about the band and or people at the game. then the football game
Wellston announcer does a fine job, keeps it entertaining and keeps everyone involved including the band who deserves some credit as they have been very good over the past decade but they don't get much recognition in the community, so that isn't a big deal.

my complaints would be:

Pay for parking
Fields with tracks
and cookie cutter stadiums

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

PA announcers who cheer lead. These are high school kids and adults should treat both teams equally. Leave the oral displays of support to the regular cheer leaders.

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS! It's my favorite time of year so no complaints here.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

1. Ticket prices raised
2. Portsmouth band is as bad as it gets...would rather hear nails on a chalk board...it's embarrassing.
3. PA announcers who leave their mic on and you can hear them eating and what not.

Who Dey!
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

My biggest complaint is announcers. If that is the job you have been given or chose to do, do it professionally. Way too often you hear a biased comment, or unprofessional comment. I was at a River Valley JV game and the announcer actually made a comment to the official about how the officials arm will need ice after the game due to throwing so many flags. It doesn't matter if it was true or not, that is just embarrassing.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

People smoking in or near the stadium. This is usually at the lower level games. It's against school policy, but I've never seen it enforced.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

A couple come to mind:

1. Charging too much for programs. Valley charges $5. (Their stadium is one of my favorites) :) Not sure about other schools but Waverly charges $2. The programs are of equal quality.

2. Fans from the visiting school that sit in the home stands and CHEER for their team. Ok to sit there but have some "class" and and be silent.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

toast wrote:A couple come to mind:

1. Charging too much for programs. Valley charges $5. (Their stadium is one of my favorites) :) Not sure about other schools but Waverly charges $2. The programs are of equal quality.

2. Fans from the visiting school that sit in the home stands and CHEER for their team. Ok to sit there but have some "class" and and be silent.
Ironton - 6 dollars to get in the game (I don't mind) but 7 dollars for a program :shock: . No split the pot anymore for some reason, did OHSAA stop allowing split the pots??

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Parents that only cheer for their kids are annoying. Even more annoying is when the game is out of hand and parents from the losing team can be heard across the stadium cheering on little Jimmy for making a "great" tackle (especially when the tackle is on, like, a 7 yard gain).

toast wrote: Fans from the visiting school that sit in the home stands and CHEER for their team. Ok to sit there but have some "class" and and be silent.
Agreed, although I'm sympathetic toward situations where the seating on the visiting side is either inferior or literally non-existent.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Orange and Brown wrote:The quality of officials that schools use in Southeastern Ohio.
It's not a great job and the pay sucks, but something has to be done because I see so many blown calls game after game at home and away on both sides.
Southeastern Ohio officials? You must not have made the trip to Liberty Center? Worst officials I've seen, ever, and that's including the ones Wellston hires. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Music from the press box while the band is playing.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:

Ironton - 6 dollars to get in the game (I don't mind) but 7 dollars for a program :shock: . No split the pot anymore for some reason, did OHSAA stop allowing split the pots??
7 dollars for a program….Wow! That does seem ridiculous. Not to mention sells would suffer. I understand the home fans could just buy one the first game and use it all season. But the away fans often like to look at the team roster and a few other things in there.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

toast wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:

7 dollars for a program….Wow! That does seem ridiculous. Not to mention sells would suffer. I understand the home fans could just buy one the first game and use it all season. But the away fans often like to look at the team roster and a few other things in there.

Yeah but you have to understand. That Program is loaded with rich tradition and history, they use them as actual history books in the Ironton curriculum.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Program was 10 bucks at Huntington.I had to ask the lady twice to make sure I heard her correctly.

Return to “Football”