Warren Local Hires Andy Schob as Head FB Coach

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Warren Local Hires Andy Schob as Head FB Coach

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

After careful consideration Warren Local has hired Andy Schob as its new head football coach. As a member of the hiring committee I am delighted to welcome Andy and his family to the district. Andy is a class act who beat out the other candidates in a rigorous and fair interview process. As both an assistant and head coach at Marietta Andy's teams have dominated the Warriors over the last decade. I am confident that Andy will be able to continue the progress that Warren showed last season when it achieved its first winning record in many years. Not only is Andy an excellent football coach, but he is a fine teacher who will add to the excellent academics at Warren High School as a full-time social studies teacher.

It's time for Warren football fans to step-up and welcome Coach Schob and his family. He will need all our support as he begins the processing of developing a football program at Warren that will make us all proud.

Congrats Coach Schob!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Warren Local Hires Andy Schob as Head FB Coach

Post by noreply66 »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:After careful consideration Warren Local has hired Andy Schob as its new head football coach. As a member of the hiring committee I am delighted to welcome Andy and his family to the district. Andy is a class act who beat out the other candidates in a rigorous and fair interview process. As both an assistant and head coach at Marietta Andy's teams have dominated the Warriors over the last decade. I am confident that Andy will be able to continue the progress that Warren showed last season when it achieved its first winning record in many years. Not only is Andy an excellent football coach, but he is a fine teacher who will add to the excellent academics at Warren High School as a full-time social studies teacher.

It's time for Warren football fans to step-up and welcome Coach Schob and his family. He will need all our support as he begins the processing of developing a football program at Warren that will make us all proud.

Congrats Coach Schob!!

Congrat to the coach and Warren

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

ttt

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

This is good news, good luck coach.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Finally.

Welcome to Warren, Coach Schob!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Congrats to Coach Schob and the Warriors!

Andy is absolute class act and, IMO, a fine football coach. Despite one of the areas toughest schedules, he won 4 games in 2008 and last fall dealt with injuries to the extent of no other team I can remember.

Marietta's loss is Warren's gain. Warren is a much better "football" community. I think Coach Schob will have success with the Big Blue in the years to come.

Interesting to note the large number of new coaches in the SEOAL:
Chillicothe, Ron Hinton (1st year at CHS)
Gallia Academy, Mike Eddy (2nd year at GAHS)
Jackson, Andy Hall (2nd year at JHS)
Logan, Kelly Wolfe (1st year at LHS)
Marietta, Unknown, (1st year at MHS)
Portsmouth, Curt Clifford (21st year at PHS)
Warren, Andy Schob (1st year at WHS, 3rd year in SEOAL)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Congrats to Warren and coach Schob

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Congrats, to coach Schob on being hired, welcome to the Warrior community and good luck in the years to come.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

Great person to lead the Warrior Nation for many years, congrats Coach Schob.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

Is there applicants on file for the assistants positions or does the coach interview who he wants? I ask this because Warren had a few assistants leave with Bolen who may want to return now.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

According to the articles, Coach Schob is bringing his son, Jason, and plans to interview the members of last year's Warren staff to see if any want to return, doesn't mention anything aside from that.

Will be interesting to see how he meshes Warren-lifers with any people he wants to bring from Marietta's staff last fall with any newcomers.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

Yeah i saw that in the article you posted, was just wondering about some that have left and went with Bolen to South if they might get a interview.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Way to go Warren! It took a while but a great decision was finally made. I have known Andy most of our lives...He is a great person and will benefit the students of WHS in a very positive way. Anything he brings to the football program will be a bonus.

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

What all football coaches left Warren with Bolen? Also which ones would want to return and coach he at Warren High School??

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

I think there was at least 2 that went with him, can't remember there names right now. I was just wondering if they may want to return, i don't know if the do or not. Just wondering if assistants had to apply for positions and get interview by the new coach.

positivecoach
Waterboy

Post by positivecoach »

Congratulations Andy,

Best wishes to a first class family

Good luck with the Warriors....except when you play the Tigers :-)

Thank you for all that you did for the Tigers. We will miss you in Marietta

StandFirm
Waterboy

Post by StandFirm »

Congrats to Mr. Schob and a warm welcome from the StandFirm family.

(StandFirm-James 1:12)

All our best to you and yours.

To the players-
Have Fun!
Work Hard!
Go Warriors!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Good luck to Coach Schob, don't know a lot about the situation up there, but hopefully they can build off of last years success...I wanted to comment on the great article the Marietta Times did on this story...very in-depth, very detailed, overall it was a good read...the Portsmouth Daily-Times should look at this an example of how to cover a story like this, we haven't even seen a story about Notre Dame hiring Bob Ashley, or East hiring Gilliland...I understand they have to cover a lot of area with a small staff, but I'm sure Marietta has the same problem as well

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

What impresses me the most is that he is completely moving into the Warren district. Kids will go to school there and he will live there. He could very well be the football coach at Warren for a long time and this will bring much needed stability to the program.

Good luck to coach Schob and GO BLUE!!!

Return to “Football”