Check out Massillon High Schools new practice facility

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Re: Check out Massillon High Schools new practice facility

Post by bigtimehitter »

WOW. Unbelievable a High School has the backing and financial support for something like this. I just hope the Herd fans and supporters don't get whiff of this :lol:

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

Very nice, and the weight room is unbelievable too. And Paul Brown Stadium just got a refit too added some new seating to their field. . .if u ever get a chance to go to a Massillon Tiger game vs a rival, like the Iggies of St Ignatious. . go. they offer tours of their facilities . . . not only great football atmosphere all around, the 50/50 drawing for winner was over $8K . . .

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

zerotosixtynforty wrote:Very nice, and the weight room is unbelievable too. And Paul Brown Stadium just got a refit too added some new seating to their field. . .if u ever get a chance to go to a Massillon Tiger game vs a rival, like the Iggies of St Ignatious. . go. they offer tours of their facilities . . . not only great football atmosphere all around, the 50/50 drawing for winner was over $8K . . .

WOW!!!! 8k for the 50/50 thats nuts

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

No other Massillon game to go to except Massillon vs McKinley. This town is INSANE that whole week leading up to it. I have to take a sign that has my last name on it down during that week for fear that I'll be 'vandalized' by someone. LOL

Roweviking
SE

Post by Roweviking »

Great facility,visited it last year.

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

I bet those bigtime Texas schools are druelling over that facility.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

zerotosixtynforty wrote:Very nice, and the weight room is unbelievable too. And Paul Brown Stadium just got a refit too added some new seating to their field. . .if u ever get a chance to go to a Massillon Tiger game vs a rival, like the Iggies of St Ignatious. . go. they offer tours of their facilities . . . not only great football atmosphere all around, the 50/50 drawing for winner was over $8K . . .

Their number one rival is my alma mater the Canton Mckinley Bulldogs. 23,000 -25,000 every year along with a TV audiance.Thats the game you should see if you ever get the chance.In Canton they play at Fawcett Stadium Pro FootballHall of Fame Field.This is the oldest High school rivalry in the countryover 110 years

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

It's not new it's a year or two old, but nonetheless an impressive facility. The thing is even more impressive in person, if ever in Massillon, football game or not the stadium and surrounding complex is a must see. There is also a video replay score board there that the community put up $1 Million for a few years back. The town is absolutely football crazy, they make our area look like casual observers. :lol:

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Football crazy? Yes. Education? Not so much. :mrgreen:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

They certainly do have a ton of football pride, but struggle for the educational standards.

In my area though, I'm surrounded by 4 school districts with Excellent with distinction honors,
and three of the four have met all 30 academic standards. The fourth district has 29 of them.

Oh yeah, they also make the state playoffs every year, and challenge for the D-1 title.

They've got a lot of paper up there in Massillon, they need it to hold their football state titles!!!

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:They certainly do have a ton of football pride, but struggle for the educational standards.

In my area though, I'm surrounded by 4 school districts with Excellent with distinction honors,
and three of the four have met all 30 academic standards. The fourth district has 29 of them.

Oh yeah, they also make the state playoffs every year, and challenge for the D-1 title.

They've got a lot of paper up there in Massillon, they need it to hold their football state titles!!!

Your area (Central Ohio) plays the worst D1 football in Ohio. Three titles in 38 years? Big school football is played in Northeast and Southwest Ohio. Everything in between is just a cupcake bowl.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

They hold kids back in the 6th grade so they will grow a little more before they get to high school.

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

Orange and Brown wrote:They hold kids back in the 6th grade so they will grow a little more before they get to high school.

Massillon cheats. No doubt about it. But that doesn't change the fact that the best big school football is played in NE and SW Ohio.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

You can say 'Massillon cheats' all you want. From my experience..thats just an excuse all the Massillon haters use. Care to give proof? OHSAA just did an investigation against Massillon..and they found absolutely nothing. So for you to make the 'Massillon cheats' claim is ridiculous unless you have some facts. If you say 'Massillon DID cheat'. Then yes..you would have a valid point.

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

gochiefs wrote:You can say 'Massillon cheats' all you want. From my experience..thats just an excuse all the Massillon haters use. Care to give proof? OHSAA just did an investigation against Massillon..and they found absolutely nothing. So for you to make the 'Massillon cheats' claim is ridiculous unless you have some facts. If you say 'Massillon DID cheat'. Then yes..you would have a valid point.

OK, I'll rephrase...Massillon has a long history of cheating. They've been reprimanded by the OHSAA twice in the last 25 years for cheating. They've been investigated by the OHSAA 4 times in the past 25 years for cheating. Two of their boosters were reprimanded 5 years ago for recruiting a kid from Mansfield. They've learned well how to circumvent the system and that's the only reason 6 of the players from their current freshman roster are able to be picked up and driven (by the same driver) from the Canton City and Canton Twp School Districts to and from Massillon each day.

Is that better?

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

That'll work just fine. :122245 Don't think Coach Hall is going to do anything illegal. Just doesn't seem like that kind of guy. I mean..it's not like he has a great football player living in his basement does he? :mrgreen:

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

a
Last edited by TIGERS90 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

brokenwind wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:They hold kids back in the 6th grade so they will grow a little more before they get to high school.

Massillon cheats. No doubt about it. But that doesn't change the fact that the best big school football is played in NE and SW Ohio.

Yes...if you call travel ball the best football...but if you want to see legit high school football..without counting private schools or schools around the state that are able to go around the system because of all the population in their local area's...ei..large metropolitan areas..ie...north east...South west...who pick from all their local school districts who they want on their teams...Southeast Ohio football would compete any day...and probably win their share of state titles year in/year out...hopefully sometime soon the state will get some sort of a system to make things right...schools that don't recruit or pick from many schools don't have a chance in the format that the state has provided to this point...especially competing against areas that are densely populated such as Northeast and Southwest Ohio...If you are talking compared to Central Ohio...I know Desales only being a division 3 school competes every year with both two corners mentioned...and don't get blown away...however...you are correct as far as Div 1 vs. Div 1....However..I am sure things would greatly change if something were to be done to separate the travel teams from the legit teams in the state...

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

TIGERS90 wrote:
brokenwind wrote:

Yes...if you call travel ball the best football...but if you want to see legit high school football..without counting private schools or schools around the state that are able to go around the system because of all the population in their local area's...ei..large metropolitan areas..ie...north east...South west...who pick from all their local school districts who they want on their teams...Southeast Ohio football would compete any day...and probably win their share of state titles year in/year out...hopefully sometime soon the state will get some sort of a system to make things right...schools that don't recruit or pick from many schools don't have a chance in the format that the state has provided to this point...especially competing against areas that are densely populated such as Northeast and Southwest Ohio...If you are talking compared to Central Ohio...I know Desales only being a division 3 school competes every year with both two corners mentioned...and don't get blown away...however...you are correct as far as Div 1 vs. Div 1....However..I am sure things would greatly change if something were to be done to separate the travel teams from the legit teams in the state...

There's only one D1 school in SE Ohio so I'm not sure how we could draw a fair comparison.

However, SE Ohio has many small schools and none of them can compete with the premiere schools in Western Ohio. And those small schools are "legit" and play with home grown talent and compete with the hand picked parochials from the metro areas.

Return to “Football”