Gallia Academy 2010

devil92
Waterboy

Gallia Academy 2010

Post by devil92 »

With what they have coming back and the schedule I seen,I would say 7-3 maybe 8-2.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy 2010

Post by BBallin fool »

Do what!!!I will take that bet!!! 4-6 at the best.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I think it is entirely to soon to tell. The amount of time spent in the weightroom, grades, and who all decides to come out, will all factor in. I do expect an improvement over last years record though.

Keep working hard men.

devil92
Waterboy

Post by devil92 »

Wins-Hillsboro,Wellston,Marietta,Athens,Warren,Chilly
Possible-Jackson,Portsmouth,Logan

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Your right to soon to tell.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

They lose some key performers, but the senior class was relatively small. There were tons of Juniors playing and several sophomores got significant time.

Not that it was a strength, but they return most of their offensive line. They lose their FB, TB and WR. They seemed to do much better later in the year running straight ahead out of the I rather than the single wing they ran early in the year. It will be interesting to see what the offense looks like.

Defensively, they lose alot up front, but return much of the back 7. They had a couple of younger players play fairly well in fill in roles last year in the middle, so I'd expect them to be stout against the power running attacks, but wonder about the edge and the pass D against the spread attacks similar to last year. They were particularly venerable to giving up the big play. That will have to be corrected.

I was encouraged last year by how they finished the season. After the first couple of losses, I think the team went through a tough stretch where they lost confidence. They worked through it and I thought they consistently showed improvement in the 2nd half of the season. Let's hope they can carry this forward to this coming fall.

I think the start of the season will be huge. I think that winning the scrimmages and winning or losing in those first few games will affect the team's confidence and have a big impact on the win total for the year. I can see anywhere from 4 to 7 wins.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

devil92 wrote:Wins-Hillsboro,Wellston,Marietta,Athens,Warren,Chilly
Possible-Jackson,Portsmouth,Logan

That seems pretty possible, but Imo Hillsboro and Warren will give Gallia all they can handle...and on the flipside it wouldn't suprise me to see Gallia give Jackson a run for their money. I personally look forward to see them up against the Senators in the fall in our annual scrimmage.
GAHS83 wrote:They lose some key performers, but the senior class was relatively small. There were tons of Juniors playing and several sophomores got significant time.

Not that it was a strength, but they return most of their offensive line. They lose their FB, TB and WR. They seemed to do much better later in the year running straight ahead out of the I rather than the single wing they ran early in the year. It will be interesting to see what the offense looks like.

Defensively, they lose alot up front, but return much of the back 7. They had a couple of younger players play fairly well in fill in roles last year in the middle, so I'd expect them to be stout against the power running attacks, but wonder about the edge and the pass D against the spread attacks similar to last year. They were particularly venerable to giving up the big play. That will have to be corrected.

I was encouraged last year by how they finished the season. After the first couple of losses, I think the team went through a tough stretch where they lost confidence. They worked through it and I thought they consistently showed improvement in the 2nd half of the season. Let's hope they can carry this forward to this coming fall.

I think the start of the season will be huge. I think that winning the scrimmages and winning or losing in those first few games will affect the team's confidence and have a big impact on the win total for the year. I can see anywhere from 4 to 7 wins.

Gallia will be better next year, they grew a lot last year...they got pushed around by West in their scrimmage last year, then 7 weeks later were close to beating Portsmouth...the Wing-t is a huge transition from a spread...especially in the blocking schemes. In the type of spread that Gallia ran they passed a lot, and when they did run they ran zone...both are finesse schemes...the wing-t relies on traps, counters, and sweeps (primarily the buck sweep) those schemes are all about getting off the ball as fast as possible and trying to manhandle your opponent, they were starting to get it at seasons end, and if they return a majority of the line they will be hard to beat

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Actually at Hillsboro the Devils only lost by one, and actually should have won that first game. I don't know what Hillsboro has returning, but I believe the Devils will get 'em at home this year.
Athens? Who knows? Portsmouth and Jackson were both winnable games last year.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

its febuary lol

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

just win baby lol

coachovc
Riding the Bench

Post by coachovc »

"Not that it was a strength, but they return most of their offensive line"

The line was constantly changed throughout the season. The unit that started at the end of the season only played a few games late in the year together. The line at the end of the season consisted of only one senior, one junior and 3 sophomores. Maybe 4ever can tell us how many games they started together as a unit but I don't believe it was very many. They were doing a decent job at the end of the year given the level of varsity experience they had.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

If Marietta gets the right coach there is no way GA beats them.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

AHM wrote:If Marietta gets the right coach there is no way GA beats them.

And if I win 20 million in the lottery, I'll not work again! What makes Marietta such a powerhouse? :roll:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

SAFE Pick 5-5.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think Gallia will make a little noise next year. They have had an entire season to learn the new system and will have an entire off season with the new coaching staff. This coach seems to really be a good one so I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6-4 season next year. Maybe they pull off a big upset and the program really gets rolling again.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

play football!!!! this new system stuff is an excuse. they went thru two a days, workouts. supposedly played the best available. team needs an identity of what kind of team are they trying to be!!! i am anxious to see the product on the field and thats all that matters to me!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
AHM wrote:If Marietta gets the right coach there is no way GA beats them.

And if I win 20 million in the lottery, I'll not work again! What makes Marietta such a powerhouse? :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: WHAT ALL IS RETURNING?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

You got to have the players to win games ? who is coming back for GA?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

looks like some pretty good size

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

but will they work as a team? i hope, i like to see gallia return to glory.

Return to “Football”