Alumni17
Waterboy

Trimble 42 Southern 14

Post by Alumni17 »

Big game for both teams

Thoughts?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 7 Trimble (4-2) @ Southern (6-0)

Post by Orange and Brown »

If Southern is healthy then I think they will win.
Not sure if Richardson will be back to playing qb or not this week. I know he has been playing defense for the Tomcats.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I'm not sure Southern has the fire power without Blanks. Johnson will have to come up huge for the Tornadoes!

Curry and Hardy will have to have big games for the Tomcats.

This week will show with Southern is made of!

Both teams have a lot to play for.

Southern basically locks up a playoff spot with a 7th win and have never beat Trimble or won a TVC Hocking Championship and would get the opportunity to beat Waterford next week and possibility win out and win their first TVC Title.

Trimble can still win a share of the Hocking crown if they beat Southern and Southern beats Waterford. If they win out will host a playoff game.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Well said.This is a toss up game.Who ever turns the ball over the most loses.Just like the Waterford game.Blown coverages,fumbles and ints.gave them all 4 TDs,do that again will be same results.In the past we could get away with it against Waterford and southern but not this year both have nice teams.I really think all 3 teams are evenly matched.This should be a good one .

:roll: cats :roll:
oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Should be a good one.Mistakes and you lose.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard on 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK7 Trimble (4-2) @ Southern (6-0)

Post by mattash »

Huge game, taking Southern by 10

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

What an opportunity for the tornadoes and what a difference a year makes. They have played well all year but do they have what it takes mentally to beat the tomcats!? I look for this to be a great game. Not sure who wins it yet!?

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

Like the Tomcats but....IMO...It's Southerns turn.All they needed was someone like Chancey to lead them (and a little talent to go with it)Turnovers are always key but the Tomcats lack the experience and leadership they have had in the past plus have heard some internal issues may be hurting as well....Southern by 2 scores....

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

It shows how much times have changed, that we are on here discussing that this game could be anyone's to win. As others have stated, it will be who makes the least mistakes will win the game. But I believe one of the largest factors involved will be if Southern has a mindset that they can beat the Tom Cats. Southern has a talented team, a solid coach, but will they overcome the "history" of being dominated by Trimble?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Hoping for a Trimble win...
The Bucks need those playoff points.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Alumni17
Waterboy

Post by Alumni17 »

It's going to be a toss up I think some other players will have to step up for Southern unless the Roush kid runs all over them but I think Trimble will be keying on him

Southern-21
Trimble-20

I feel Southern has the edge at home IMO they do have some talented players but the thing that makes them good is they do the little things well they gang tackle, everyone knows their assignments and fundamentals I can't stress that enough they are a very sound football team you can tell they spend time watching film as far as Trimble it is simply Trimble you can't ever count them out but they know what's on the line for them should be a great game

Good luck to both teams

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

If there was ever a year Southern could get the Cats this is that year, because the future is extremely bright for Trimble. With that said I still think Trimble takes this one. 27-21

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I'm gonna take Southern in this one, they are on a streak and want to get a tvc hocking championship.

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Post by Lindy »

Trimble is the team to beat here. I can't see this one being close. Trimble 34-13

oldgrumpy
Riding the Bench

Post by oldgrumpy »

Game of the week!!! idk???? I will pick Southern but wouldn't surprise me at all either way

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Big game for Southern!!!!........I am hoping they beat Trimble and Waterford.........

Take away Wheelersburg and Waverly.......this might be the best game on Friday.....

Best of luck to the Tornadoes!!!....my cousin Russell Singleton was a baller for Southern in the day!!!......GO Lenny GO!!!

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Calpreps:
Trimble (Glouster, OH) at Southern (Racine, OH) [projection: Trimble (Glouster, OH) 27-24]

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

This is probably the biggest game in the history of Southern football. First legit chance at a TVC Hocking crown, but they have to focus on the team/task at hand and that's Trimble.. not Trimble, SG, and Waterford. Just Trimble... one game at a time. I think Coach Chancey will have these guys ready to play. Like previously mentioned, the key to this game is turnovers and whoever makes the fewest mistakes. If this was in Glouster, id say Trimble, but im betting the crowd at Southern will be pumped and ready. Good luck Southern!

Southern-28
Trimble- 21

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

I bet the peeps from Meigs are Wishin they had a coach Chancey or 2. Great Coaches.
Alas,,,, my heart says, Go Tomcats!

Return to “Football”