The Chiefs gave up too many big plays tonight
Total net yards for the game Logan--441---Sheridan--416

Sheridans 1st had 78 yards passing amd the reserves had 37
Logan's 1st had 50 yards passing and the reserves had 86

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Logan/Sheridan

Post by C-Bolt »

Sure wasn't what I was expecting to see,defense looked alot like last years tonight and surprised to see Logan had that many yards,outside containment and misdirection plays were killing them all night and Lancaster thrives on that kind of offense,offense was pretty much all McCarty,the passing game was shut down except the quick flairouts to the sideline.Sheridan even left a couple touchdowns out on the field and didn't even have their starting QB,,,, Not a good showing IMO,Lots of work to do before next week......

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

They are still a year away of being good again.. JMO ......

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

looks like they can score and rack some yardage. defense needs to work on some awareness. lets go chiefs. work hard next week. get ready for them gales.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Guy's Sheridan will be a 6-4or 7-3 team at best! Logan has major defense problems. and will struggle against any good or avg. offensive team. Our chiefs will have problems with the first 5 teams they face this year. Guy's Logan is at least 1-3 years away from having a very good team. Latter this week I will perdict there saeson record and the Lancaster score.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

take away those two long touchdown runs by McCarty and Logan's offensive numbers go waaaay down! lots of work all the way around and I agree that Logan probably is a year away from seriously competing, but maybe this year they'll get better as the year goes along unlike last year

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

defense wins ball games. they need work in that area real bad. if ur offense is struggling a little but can score, u gotta be able to stop the opposing team dead in their tracks. be aware, get to the ball quick, be aggresive, lay the hammer down. hit hit hit. com on chiefs, u can do it. big boys next week. lets get-r-done.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

good point trench,,McCarty is good enough he will probably win games for them on his own this year with some decent blocking from the line, but they will have to have a little bit of balance to beat the strong defensive teams because they will find a way to shut him down also,remember Frye and Call how good they were,, Lancaster always shut them down with good run defense, but I like to see Logan back with a running threat again its been too long it seems

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

moonshine, normally I'd agree with you on the 6-4 or 7-3 record but that league is waaay down. At the very worst they are 8-2 though 9-1 is more likely and TV isn't that good so I wouldn't be suprised to see another 10-0 yr. By Sheridan standards they aren't what they typically are but it is what it is.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:good point trench,,McCarty is good enough he will probably win games for them on his own this year with some decent blocking from the line, but they will have to have a little bit of balance to beat the strong defensive teams because they will find a way to shut him down also,remember Frye and Call how good they were,, Lancaster always shut them down with good run defense, but I like to see Logan back with a running threat again its been too long it seems
ur right bolt, it's going to take some balance against the gales defense. going to have to do more than those flairout sideline passes though. but the chiefs will have to pass some to keep the gales footing slippery. send a speedy chieftain on some post and flag patterns. mix it up. keep the gales guessing all nite. might even take some trickery c-bolt to make it a game. but logans defense is going to have to step way way up. lets go chiefs!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Sheridan was better than I was expecting considering what people was saying before the jamoboree game, and they do have some nice skill players and if TV'S QB can't get healthy they just might win that league again, but Logan's defense looked a step or two slow all night and they will probably struggle against speedy offensive teams again this year...

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

newlex/sheridan wrote:moonshine, normally I'd agree with you on the 6-4 or 7-3 record but that league is waaay down. At the very worst they are 8-2 though 9-1 is more likely and TV isn't that good so I wouldn't be suprised to see another 10-0 yr. By Sheridan standards they aren't what they typically are but it is what it is.
Good to know, normally the MVL is very tough, then I will say they will go at least 8-2

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Tri-Valley beat Upper Arlington in week 1.

The MVL is certainly down and Tri-Valley and Sheridan will run through them like butter. The winner of their week 9 contest will determine the league title. Crooksville has a chance of finishing third and making the playoffs. Look for each TV and Sheridan to finish at worst 8-2 (TV plays Dover week 4 and Sheridan plays Cambridge week 5. Plus each other week 9). Both will make the playoffs.

For all things mvl see mvlforum.com

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

sheridan will go probably 9-1 at worst in a very weak mvl and then collapse like a house of cards in week 11 or 12 at the latest like they always do. But look at it this way they can maybe host a later round playoff game at their new house and they will have plenty of workers for the concession stands and ticket booths.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Did not realize that Sheridan had a new field.
I wish that they were still on the Blue Devils schedule.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:Did not realize that Sheridan had a new field.
Why? Gallia is going to have a hard enough time winning games in the SEOAL, why take a step up in weight class?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Pol Pot wrote:
GalliaGrad78 wrote:Did not realize that Sheridan had a new field.
Why? Gallia is going to have a hard enough time winning games in the SEOAL, why take a step up in weight class?
Its not always this year

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Sheridan got field turf. New bleachers for the home and away sides of the field.

Return to “Football”