Site Admin

Re: Ironton 14 Coal Grove 12

Post by mattash »

Coal Grove had a really good offense. Was a fun game to watch

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Re: WK8 Coal Grove (5-1) @ Ironton (4-3)

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

IBTT wrote:Coal Grove seems to luck out at least last season and this season after Ironton has lost a slew of Key starters. I believe though it will probably go just as last year, Ironton will find a way to win and pull away at the end of the game.
I believe this is a pretty arrogant statement IBTT.. especially after watching this game last night. Seems like if it wasn't for luck ironton would of had a loss.. their 2nd score came on a bad snap that turned out to be one of those plays where everyone just kinda grins and shakes their head a little.. if that ball bounces towards the big side of the field then that's score doesn't happen.. great job by the QB to scoop and run without a second thought. Luck struck again with a CG turnover 6 yards from taking the lead.. so why not amend your original statement and give credit to the Hornets who have a pretty good team who without luck I guess lol would of beaten ironton 2 years in a row.

Rosie
Waterboy

Post by Rosie »

You will never get that out of any Ironton fan.

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:
IBTT wrote:Coal Grove seems to luck out at least last season and this season after Ironton has lost a slew of Key starters. I believe though it will probably go just as last year, Ironton will find a way to win and pull away at the end of the game.
I believe this is a pretty arrogant statement IBTT.. especially after watching this game last night. Seems like if it wasn't for luck ironton would of had a loss.. their 2nd score came on a bad snap that turned out to be one of those plays where everyone just kinda grins and shakes their head a little.. if that ball bounces towards the big side of the field then that's score doesn't happen.. great job by the QB to scoop and run without a second thought. Luck struck again with a CG turnover 6 yards from taking the lead.. so why not amend your original statement and give credit to the Hornets who have a pretty good team who without luck I guess lol would of beaten ironton 2 years in a row.

LOL @ Amend the statement. He wouldnt amend it when called out on it before the game, he wont now.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

The boys from Dawson-Bryant played a fine game. No reason for them to hang their heads. They played the game with passion.

People in town owe these Ironton kids an apology as well for saying they had no fight early in the year. They have shown plenty of heart this season to earn my respect.

Posters like IBTT and Forrest Gump really embarrass their respective schools with posts that lack class or smack of arrogance. Do your schools a favor and stay off the message boards.

Hope the Hornets #77 recovers quickly from his injury.

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

High Roller wrote:The boys from Dawson-Bryant played a fine game. No reason for them to hang their heads. They played the game with passion.

People in town owe these Ironton kids an apology as well for saying they had no fight early in the year. They have shown plenty of heart this season to earn my respect.

Posters like IBTT and Forrest Gump really embarrass their respective schools with posts that lack class or smack of arrogance. Do your schools a favor and stay off the message boards.

#class

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

High Roller wrote:The boys from Dawson-Bryant played a fine game. No reason for them to hang their heads. They played the game with passion.

I hope he recovers as well with no setbacks. that's one big young'un.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

But they had no heart the 1st 4 games. Telling the truth is not being classless.

FORREST GUMP
Waterboy

Post by FORREST GUMP »

FORREST SAYS: El choppy I don't remember stating that lol. So I'm guessing it was someone else.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:
Good teams find ways to win. I wasn't being arrogant, just stating the facts. Both of the two years so far that Ironton has played Coal Grove, the game was right after big losses of key starters. Ironton still had a good group of athletes out on the field I felt, just not the best they had played with just a week before. The kids who needed to step up did and did nicely. I had faith in them. That was my opinion that it would happen and it did. Not arrogance, just I believed in the kids who had to step up to win.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

man.....it sure is funny to see the ironton faithful bitching about calls and no calls at Ashland last week but they sure were full of themselves last year when Coal Grove was done way worse in Tank Rape Stadium last year!!
This biggest difference is you all had 0 Z-E-R-O, AGAIN 0 CHANCE of winning against Ashland 35-0 but the Grove had you all......
funny how that shoe fits on the other foot. HUH?

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]

Return to “Football”