Week 4: Chesapeake (3-0) at Valley (3-0)

socchamps1011
Waterboy

Week 4: Chesapeake (3-0) at Valley (3-0)

Post by socchamps1011 »

Thoughts?? Big game between two good teams... I'm goin with valley's high powered offense...

peake450
Freshman Team

Re: Week 4: Chesapeake (3-0) at Valley (3-0)

Post by peake450 »

I will take the peake in this one the defense is stout and the offense is very good when they execute. Should be a very entertaining game.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Chesapeake suffers their first loss by the Indians. Valley 28 Chesapeake 14.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valley in a shoot out.

35-28

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

FIDO are you kidding, Wayne and Symmes Valley are extremely tough opponets, and I am sure Valley will be also, but this will be the peakes 3rd straight test in a row. They will come to play you can count on that, this is a very good group of kids that have been through the good and bad so I look for a great game. Good Luck to both teams.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

valley

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this should be a barnburner.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

I say Valley goes 4-5 wide and spread the defense, Valley will win through the air and through the scrambling ability of Yates !

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Valley at home ! Help yourself out in the pick em contest upnya take the Injuns !

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Gotta go with valley sorry but just don't see the ovc teams on par with the soc teams just a different level of competition there.
Chesy may be a good team but the soc has shown to be a better league over the years

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

UPNYA4 wrote:Going with the ‘Peake....they find the answer for Yates!!
Are they going to shut down the passing game and leaving running lanes open for Keller? Keller has had over 200 yards in every game with 9 TDs. Valley doesn't just throw the ball they have a very balanced attack and will be very hard to stop... I say Valley 35-21, Indians offense will be 2 much 4 the peake to handle

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I haven't seen valley so I won't comment on them, but I can assure you this is the most solid Chesapeake team I have seen since the run of really good teams from 98-04.

1. The offensive line is very big, battle tested, and very veteran. This group has basically played with one another for going on 3-4 years. Probably the biggest and most solid line I have seen since 2003 (playoff team regional finals).
2. SKilled players are pretty solid. Quarterback Austin McMaster is a D1 prospect in basketball and on the football field is a good enough athlete that he is better then most skilled players in our area based on athletic ability alone. The backs are not game breakers like in the past, but they are all very good and hard nosed runners who don't go down on first contact. Wideout Javon Thompson is as good a WR I have seen at Chesapeake since Thornburg (college player).
3. Defense is very disruptive. Big front 4 that just clogs up running lanes, and a very active secondary who can cover. They have given up 7, 8, and 3 so far to imo two pretty darn good teams.
4. Chesapeake takes care of the football.

@Fido---If you don't consider Wayne to be very good competition then you need to have your head checked. So your criteria is if Chesapeake opened with possibly the two best teams in the entire area (Ironton and Jackson) then you would give them credit, then you should not give about 99% of the area teams any credit for who they play. Wayneimo is as good a program as just about any SOC program. Portsmouth is not portsmouth of old, I don't buy they are anything close to what they were. I played in 98 against a great Burg team, the burg is nothing compared to that. Good CHesapeake teams have played good Minford teams and beat them, good Valley teams, good Oak HIll teams and beat them. Is Symms Valley great, no, but they are a pretty nice D6 program that is a playoff team just about every year.

I think this will be a great game.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

I agree Alltown Valley is very balanced this year , Just wish Valley had a cannon like Coal Grove !

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

totally agree peake, wayne is as solid as they come, very well coached imo and should make a run deep into the playoffs. i havent seen valley this year, but this chesapeake teams appears to be very solid they have beaten a couple of pretty good teams so far this year. going with chesapeake in this one.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

peake wrote:I haven't seen valley so I won't comment on them, but I can assure you this is the most solid Chesapeake team I have seen since the run of really good teams from 98-04.

1. The offensive line is very big, battle tested, and very veteran. This group has basically played with one another for going on 3-4 years. Probably the biggest and most solid line I have seen since 2003 (playoff team regional finals).
2. SKilled players are pretty solid. Quarterback Austin McMaster is a D1 prospect in basketball and on the football field is a good enough athlete that he is better then most skilled players in our area based on athletic ability alone. The backs are not game breakers like in the past, but they are all very good and hard nosed runners who don't go down on first contact. Wideout Javon Thompson is as good a WR I have seen at Chesapeake since Thornburg (college player).
3. Defense is very disruptive. Big front 4 that just clogs up running lanes, and a very active secondary who can cover. They have given up 7, 8, and 3 so far to imo two pretty darn good teams.
4. Chesapeake takes care of the football.

@Fido---If you don't consider Wayne to be very good competition then you need to have your head checked. So your criteria is if Chesapeake opened with possibly the two best teams in the entire area (Ironton and Jackson) then you would give them credit, then you should not give about 99% of the area teams any credit for who they play. Wayneimo is as good a program as just about any SOC program. Portsmouth is not portsmouth of old, I don't buy they are anything close to what they were. I played in 98 against a great Burg team, the burg is nothing compared to that. Good CHesapeake teams have played good Minford teams and beat them, good Valley teams, good Oak HIll teams and beat them. Is Symms Valley great, no, but they are a pretty nice D6 program that is a playoff team just about every year.

I think this will be a great game.

And if I'm not mistaken didn't one of those "solid" Chesapeake teams get a home playoff matchup with what most SOC opponents considered a slightly down Burg team and then proceded to get waxed by said Burg team. I remember all the hoopla on here about the Peakes team speed and their super fast running backs and I don't think they made it past the 50 until the 4th quarter and the Burg was up huge by then.

My point is, this may be a very good Panther team, but traditionally the SOC is a much stronger conference than the OVC. Valley is loaded this year and I think they win this game by at least 2 scores.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

I think this is a measuring stick game for both teams. They both consider themselves playoff contenders and looking to come out on top of their respective confrences. As far as FIDOs schedule comments, I think Peake fans are looking for something that isn't there. This game will be the toughest matchup that each team has faced to date, and will be worth a ton of points at the end of the season.

Now my thoughts on the game are in line with some of the things that have already been said. Valley has a very potent offense and Keller has been great in the pass game and the run game, as well as many big plays on the defensive side of the ball. He has to be averaging close to 10 yards a carry so far this season. And the scary part about the Valley offense is they really haven't turned Yates loose yet. He's been in the pocket for most of the season and only ran the ball when protection broke down (which hasn't been very often)... I wouldn't be surprised to see more designed runs with Yates this week and the weeks to come.

Defensively, I think the Indians are in for a major test. Chesapeake has always moved the ball and been a tough matchup for Valley. They have a ton of athletes and the ability to make big plays just like Valley. In the past Chesapeake has ran some option and "jet sweeps" to the edges and found OLBs, DEs and CBs that aren't staying with their assignments and picked on them most of the night. Valley must play well on the edges and get the ball back in the hands of Yates and the offense. I think Hartley, Arnett, along with corners Howard and Dwyer have to play well on the outside this week.

I'll take the Indians 40-27

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I guess some have a little reading comprehension problem....No where in my post did I say Wayne was weak...I said it would PROBABLY be the first REAL test for either team.
No I read your statement just fine. You said unless they played teams like, (your examples) Jackson, Gallia, or Ironton, then neither team has really been tested. As I responded with you are insane if you think a team like Wayne is not a "real" test, then you are not very familiar with their level of play. Two of the teams you mentioned are probably the two best teams in all of SEO, why are they the only two that can provide a "real" test? Wayne has won 2 state titles in the past 10 years while not missing the playoffs since 1999, all the while playing in 4 state title games. Wayne is a very very solid "test" for anyone. The other Valley is a very solid D6 program that makes the playoffs nearly every year.

Maybe it is you who have the reading comprehension problem, notice I said I wouldn't comment on Valley because I have not seen them, so of course I am not saying Coal Grove anything.

@ Burg grad---That was the year before when Chesapeake had both Hunt brothers and beat Stubenville Catholic Central in the opening round, then #3 state ranked Monroe Central (undefeated at the time), then lost to Amanda (state champ) in the finals. Yes you did beat basically a one man all-star team. I also remember in 2000 your D4 playoff Minford team getting smacked in the mouth by a good Chesapeake team and it was 19-0 at the half, before Minford would win in the final seconds. The next year Chesapeake beat them 14-7. I remember in 04 the Panthers beating a solid Lucasville team, in 98 pounding Portsmouth West, a few years back upsetting a playoff Oak Hill team. I am not arguing that the SOC is traditionally better, but acting as though it is impossible for the best team in the conference to beat your best team is not accurate imo. We will see though.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Valley by as many as crabby wants to put up
I really dont think this will be a game.
Peake will win thier conference and probably make the playoffs but the indians are just waaaayyyyy too much for them

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Valleys offense has'nt really hit there stride. They are a 3 headed monster with 2 of them basically carrying the load, the third has been injured since wk 1 and been limited in his touches ,they have been using him as a decoy mostly taking 2 db's down field with him. Look for that to change this week as i think he will wreak havoc at 6'6" and near 100% Chessy's db's will be tested .

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I am not going to argue with a bunch of high school kids. I have said nothing about Valley because I don't like to comment on a team I have not seen. All I can give you is insight into the quality of team you will see on the field for Chesapeake. Maybe Valley is that much better, we will see in a few days, but I can assure you that this a very good Chesapeake team. Is the SOC traditionally stronger, sure I have no argument with that, but the best OVC team can usually hold their own with the best the SOC has to offer. MY four years playing 98-02, we played 3 SOC schools, two of them playoff teams and won 2 out of 3. I have seen Chesapeake teams beat Valley before in 04 and 05 if I am not mistaken, two pretty good teams. I have watched Chesapeake made up of mostly freshmen in 08 i believe beat a pretty good Oak Hill squad at Oak Hill. Stranger things have happened then a quality team beating another quality team. LEt me also remind you Chesapeake dating back to last season is on an 8 game win streak. Will it help, maybe not, but confidence seems to be pretty high right now.

Wayne scored 60+ the week before they played Chesapeake and was held to 8, meanwhile they held a D6 playoff team to only 3.

Return to “Football”