East 42 Symmes Valley 0

mattash
Site Admin

East 42 Symmes Valley 0

Post by mattash » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:25 pm

Symmes Valley wins big last week, can they upset the 8-0 Tartans?

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Re: WK9 Symmes Valley (2-6) @ East (8-0)

Post by Mailman » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Not a chance. East very big!!

Blue33
Freshman Starter

Post by Blue33 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:46 pm

East by a bunch

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
All State

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:17 am

Running clock east by 40
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

SEOPlegend
Bench

Post by SEOPlegend » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Tartans remain undefeated. Is it a coincidence that the only two teams that are undefeated around here are right beside each other?? Big brother in Wheelersburg and little brother in East. Crazy huh!
BLUE AND WHITE

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:58 pm

SEOPlegend wrote:Tartans remain undefeated. Is it a coincidence that the only two teams that are undefeated around here are right beside each other?? Big brother in Wheelersburg and little brother in East. Crazy huh!
Please, PLEASE!!! don't say that East is the only team in the area that could beat Burg!!

SEOPlegend
Bench

Post by SEOPlegend » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Mailman wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:Tartans remain undefeated. Is it a coincidence that the only two teams that are undefeated around here are right beside each other?? Big brother in Wheelersburg and little brother in East. Crazy huh!
Please, PLEASE!!! don't say that East is the only team in the area that could beat Burg!!
No, I'm not like that "bangbros" kid lol but I am a fan of both schools just I come from East. I don't see why both schools can't get along, I mean they are neighbors that don't play each other and both are very good for there divisions.
BLUE AND WHITE

keepinitreal
Waterboy

Post by keepinitreal » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Like u it is cool I went to both burg and grad from East! It's AWESOME that both teams are top in both SOC!!! I played on the East Team that played against Burg in 91 and we all kno that story! I'd love to see these 2 schools back each other no reason not to!!!!

SEOPlegend
Bench

Post by SEOPlegend » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:00 am

keepinitreal wrote:Like u it is cool I went to both burg and grad from East! It's AWESOME that both teams are top in both SOC!!! I played on the East Team that played against Burg in 91 and we all kno that story! I'd love to see these 2 schools back each other no reason not to!!!!
Exactly, they are the two best in both SOC's. They can get along.
BLUE AND WHITE

greygoose
Varsity Bench

Post by greygoose » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:13 pm

SEOPlegend wrote:
keepinitreal wrote:Like u it is cool I went to both burg and grad from East! It's AWESOME that both teams are top in both SOC!!! I played on the East Team that played against Burg in 91 and we all kno that story! I'd love to see these 2 schools back each other no reason not to!!!!
Exactly, they are the two best in both SOC's. They can get along.
They are the best 2 schools from their respective conferences in SOCI and SOCII

SEOPlegend
Bench

Post by SEOPlegend » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:17 am

That's exactly what I said. ^^
BLUE AND WHITE

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Starter

Post by BiddyBallDaddy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:27 am

SEOPlegend wrote:That's exactly what I said. ^^
Funny how East fans come crawling out of their caves to "beat their chests" as if leading in the SOC 1 is some stop the world accomplishment. East is good for the SOC 1, but outside of it, they are just another middle of the road team. When they win 2-3 games in the playoffs we can begin to talk about them...

For now Burg is the team in Scioto County.

keepinitreal
Waterboy

Post by keepinitreal » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:53 pm

From now on seriously??? Burg HAS been te best team for years, yeah they may get beat here and there but tradion speaks for itself!! I'm not banging my chest at all, I'm proud of both teams. I am honored to coach East and we are trying to build a great program. Not beating any thing here!!!

Jason Vorhees
Varsity Bench

Post by Jason Vorhees » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:10 pm

This East team isn't big outside of Scott, isn't overly fast outside of Brown (who could play on any team in SE Ohio; great athlete) isn't a great receiving team outside of Bruton, and Rowe isn't this eye-popping quarterback; however, they play with a tremendous amount of heart, play the most physical brand of football (sometimes chippy but that's what happens when you play that physical) and swarm to the ball on defense. This game will be over at halftime. East 60 Symmes 8. East could win a playoff game, maybe two this postseason. I walked away last week highly impressed that their coaching staff gets the most out of each individual player and their individual talent.

SEOPlegend
Bench

Post by SEOPlegend » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:51 pm

BiddyBallDaddy wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:That's exactly what I said. ^^
Funny how East fans come crawling out of their caves to "beat their chests" as if leading in the SOC 1 is some stop the world accomplishment. East is good for the SOC 1, but outside of it, they are just another middle of the road team. When they win 2-3 games in the playoffs we can begin to talk about them...

For now Burg is the team in Scioto County.
You have never said something good about East. They just beat the team that your from, and you still have something negative to say. All I said was that Burg and East are the two best teams in both respective conferences, there is nothing untrue about that statement. Grow up sir, these are kids you are talking about.
BLUE AND WHITE

Blue33
Freshman Starter

Post by Blue33 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:06 pm

Am I guessing wrong or is he from Northwest?

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:38 pm

East is a very good team but in 2 years the competition will be up to east level teams like Symmes Valley and Green and northwest will be loaded

SEOPlegend
Bench

Post by SEOPlegend » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:44 am

Blue33 wrote:Am I guessing wrong or is he from Northwest?
He is from Oak Hill
BLUE AND WHITE

Carter
Bench

Post by Carter » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:58 pm

East-42

SV-12

keepinitreal
Waterboy

Post by keepinitreal » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:42 pm

Jeremy ghs05, I agree with you SV and Northwest is gng to get better, and without a doubt Coach Newsome at Green is going to have them ready for conference play in the years ahead, but remember East is a very HEAVY JR and SOPH team, they lose 5 seniors on D and about the same on O. They start 1-sophmore on Defense and 1-Freshman so they will be looking good for the next few as well. GOING TO GET CROWDED at the top of SOC 1!!

Blue33
Freshman Starter

Post by Blue33 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:33 pm

SEOPlegend wrote:
He is from Oak Hill
SOC 1 is for smaller schools..just about all D7...If someone from a D5 wants to bash a D7 school that beat them please by all means step up to SOC2 and state your case.

brown22
Varsity Bench

Post by brown22 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Jason Vorhees wrote:This East team isn't big outside of Scott, isn't overly fast outside of Brown (who could play on any team in SE Ohio; great athlete) isn't a great receiving team outside of Bruton, and Rowe isn't this eye-popping quarterback; however, they play with a tremendous amount of heart, play the most physical brand of football (sometimes chippy but that's what happens when you play that physical) and swarm to the ball on defense. This game will be over at halftime. East 60 Symmes 8. East could win a playoff game, maybe two this postseason. I walked away last week highly impressed that their coaching staff gets the most out of each individual player and their individual talent.
Lowe is East QB, has a nice arm
GO EAGLES

The Oaf
2nd Team All State

Post by The Oaf » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:East is a very good team but in 2 years the competition will be up to east level teams like Symmes Valley and Green and northwest will be loaded
They might be better but "loaded" is hardly the word I'd use.
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

The Oaf
2nd Team All State

Post by The Oaf » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:12 pm

What was East's record against the SOC II that year? 2-2?

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:52 pm

The Oaf wrote:
Jeremy ghs05 wrote:East is a very good team but in 2 years the competition will be up to east level teams like Symmes Valley and Green and northwest will be loaded
i agree with you brother ... Symmes Valley is only losing 3 seniors to graduation out of the whole team and they just got one of there best lineman/defensive players back last week and the CG transfers came in two weeks ago... Symmes Valley is gonna have 8 of 11 starters back on both sides of the ball next year plus Austin Waugh will be back , he had a season ending knee injury... He quite possibly is one of the best unknown players in this area and he is a tremendous D back...watch out for the Vikings next year that's all I can say cuz with that whole team basically coming back and getting better by far each week I look for this game to be closer than most might think... Symmes Valley 31 East 28 in the biggest upset in ohsaa football this year ... Go Vikings...

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:57 pm

There is a reason these games are played on Friday nights, and never ever count an opponent out on any given Friday night cuz in high school football teams get better week by week and this Symmes Valley team has certainly did that ... They have been injury plagued and short handed all year and will still be without 2 of there better players this week ... One due to injury and the other due to a poor call in the game last week and he got ejected... Still yet I believe this team has grown so much over the last few weeks I believe they are ready to pull off this upset , and even if they do not win it will not be a blow out like most think...Go Vikings

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:35 pm

UK2016 wrote:There is a reason these games are played on Friday nights, and never ever count an opponent out on any given Friday night cuz in high school football teams get better week by week and this Symmes Valley team has certainly did that ... They have been injury plagued and short handed all year and will still be without 2 of there better players this week ... One due to injury and the other due to a poor call in the game last week and he got ejected... Still yet I believe this team has grown so much over the last few weeks I believe they are ready to pull off this upset , and even if they do not win it will not be a blow out like most think...Go Vikings
Don't care what kind of season you are having. You don't lose to this years Green team and even come close to beating East. 55-0

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:09 am

Mailman wrote:
UK2016 wrote:There is a reason these games are played on Friday nights, and never ever count an opponent out on any given Friday night cuz in high school football teams get better week by week and this Symmes Valley team has certainly did that ... They have been injury plagued and short handed all year and will still be without 2 of there better players this week ... One due to injury and the other due to a poor call in the game last week and he got ejected... Still yet I believe this team has grown so much over the last few weeks I believe they are ready to pull off this upset , and even if they do not win it will not be a blow out like most think...Go Vikings
Don't care what kind of season you are having. You don't lose to this years Green team and even come close to beating East. 55-0
I never said our season was great this year , I said they are getting better each week and have added 3 outstanding players to there roster since week 5 and this game will be closer than most think ... They better beat us this year lol cuz its been about 9 years since it has happened and we have beat East by a score avg of 40-11 during that stretch so get ya some of those apples Mail man lol

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:13 am

Mailman wrote:
I never said our season was great this year , I said they are getting better each week and have added 3 outstanding players to there roster since week 5 and this game will be closer than most think ... They better beat us this year lol cuz its been about 9 years since it has happened and we have beat East by a score avg of 40-11 during that stretch so get ya some of those apples Mail man lol... That's just a little food for thought there brother ... The last 3 years were 98-20 lol so yea I guess there is a possibility that East might just win one this year... I still say its closer than most think ... The athletes that were added from transfer are A list type athletes and would start for any team in the area and you mesh them with a young talented team that is finding there way I just smell the recipe for a nice Upset is all I'm saying ... I'm sure if I'm wrong I will hear about it on this forum lol

asb
Freshman Starter

Post by asb » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:58 am

Prayers for an injury free game, East has bigger fish to fry. One week at a time but in all honesty I don't think it will be within 4 scores but I could be wrong, these are kids and East has been know to shoot themselves in the foot from time to time. To be continued 48-12 East symms scores on reserves late.

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:58 am

asb wrote:Prayers for an injury free game, East has bigger fish to fry. One week at a time but in all honesty I don't think it will be within 4 scores but I could be wrong, these are kids and East has been know to shoot themselves in the foot from time to time. To be continued 48-12 East symms scores on reserves late.
I agree with you on the prayers for an injury free game ya legend ... That's definitely the most important thing ... I also believe East makes a nice run in the playoffs, I am just saying do not overlook this group of Vikings they are coming to a Stadium near you tomorrow night ya blessing ...

High Roller
Bench

Post by High Roller » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:11 am

Saying the CG transfers could start anywhere in the area is laughable.

Noodle319
Bench

Post by Noodle319 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 am

Blue33 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:
He is from Oak Hill
SOC 1 is for smaller schools..just about all D7...If someone from a D5 wants to bash a D7 school that beat them please by all means step up to SOC2 and state your case.
Every time we talk about the Oaks It always comes back to Oak Hill stepping up and playing the SOC2. If they were traditionally going to be 4-6 I’m sure this would never come up. Oak Hills opponents are a combined 50-20 on the year compared to East opponents being 24-56. Lets not drink the Tartan cool aid just yet.

The Oaf
2nd Team All State

Post by The Oaf » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:42 am

UK2016 wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
i agree with you brother ... Symmes Valley is only losing 3 seniors to graduation out of the whole team and they just got one of there best lineman/defensive players back last week and the CG transfers came in two weeks ago... Symmes Valley is gonna have 8 of 11 starters back on both sides of the ball next year plus Austin Waugh will be back , he had a season ending knee injury... He quite possibly is one of the best unknown players in this area and he is a tremendous D back...watch out for the Vikings next year that's all I can say cuz with that whole team basically coming back and getting better by far each week I look for this game to be closer than most might think... Symmes Valley 31 East 28 in the biggest upset in ohsaa football this year ... Go Vikings...
I was referring to using "loaded" to describe teams like Green, Northwest, etc. not my first choice of wording there.....

SEOPlegend
Bench

Post by SEOPlegend » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Noodle319 wrote:
Blue33 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote: He is from Oak Hill
Every time we talk about the Oaks It always comes back to Oak Hill stepping up and playing the SOC2. If they were traditionally going to be 4-6 I’m sure this would never come up. Oak Hills opponents are a combined 50-20 on the year compared to East opponents being 24-56. Lets not drink the Tartan cool aid just yet.
Yeah but East plays teams that they should play, The Oaks do not playing multiple teams 2 divisions lower.
BLUE AND WHITE