Waterboy

Re: WK9 Green (3-5) @ Northwest (0-8)

Post by Jeremy ghs05 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:49 pm

Green will win this game no doubt

bfry
Waterboy

Post by bfry » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Pulling for my guys at Northwest, no doubt. Coach Montavon is doing what he should be doing. But, a lot of respect for Ted. Hoping for a clean, hard fought injury-free game.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
All State

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:18 am

NW gets first win of season here
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:26 am

This should be a great game. I'll take Green in a close one.

greygoose
Varsity Bench

Post by greygoose » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Well they both have been beaten up pretty badly by common opponents. Just not seeing where the Northwest offense is producing Green by 2 scores.

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:Green will win this game no doubt
Didn't you pick Green to beat ND?

noles_fan
2nd Team All Conference

Post by noles_fan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:44 pm

pulling for Northwest to get their first win

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:07 pm

Mailman wrote:
Yes I did and green is very young so you really don't know which green team shows up to play

js7_22
Varsity Bench

Post by js7_22 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:42 am

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:
Mailman wrote:
Yes I did and green is very young so you really don't know which green team shows up to play
Not sure which team you were expecting, but I'm not sure it would have mattered to be honest. Green is def on the up and up though, it's nice to see other schools beginning to gain some ground and making a dent in the schedule, it only makes the conference better.

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:08 am

I agree

The Oaf
2nd Team All State

Post by The Oaf » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:43 am

Not much complaining this year about northwest being in the small school division huh? Lol
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

hoot
JV Starter

Post by hoot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:02 am

Green has really struggled lately. Game's at Northwest. Tossup.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Starter

Post by BiddyBallDaddy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:18 am

I can see Green winning this. It's a shame that Northwest can't compete with how many boy's they have in the school.

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:08 pm

The Oaf wrote:Not much complaining this year about northwest being in the small school division huh? Lol
I still think it's a crock for them and Oak Hill to be in the small school division. They aren't small schools!!! 1 of them should go back. Probably Oak Hill because they can actually win some games against the bigger schools. Last year for NW was an anomaly.

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:09 pm

Mailman wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Not much complaining this year about northwest being in the small school division huh? Lol
I still think it's a crock for them and Oak Hill to be in the small school division. They aren't small schools!!! 1 of them should go back. Probably Oak Hill because they can actually win some games against the bigger schools. Last year for NW was an anomaly.
I agree both northwest and oak hill should move up

one Oak
Freshman Starter

Post by one Oak » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:20 pm

As an Oak Hill fan I agree that we are too big of a school to be in the SOC I, but we never moved down for football, that is where we were when we joined the league. I don't think moving to the SOC II would be a good move for us either. Wheelersburg has dominated in football for 40 years. Look at the all time records versus opponents on burg fan.com.

I thought it was a better situation for us (although it still wasn't for the other SOC I schools) before Eastern started varsity football and Northwest moved down. Prior to that we only played four league games and could play bigger schools in the six non-league games.

I don't see any other good options right now but to stay where we are. I think I would actually prefer to be independent for football only to being in the SOC I but that presents it's own issues such as scheduling, no league title to play for, etc.

greygoose
Varsity Bench

Post by greygoose » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:24 am

Well we have gotten way off topic from the game but what the heck let's throw the speculation of who should or shouldn't be in SOCI. I think most ppl can agree based upon size that both Oak Hill and Northwest really shouldn't be in SOCI. However, as Northwest proved all those years I don't believe either of them can compete in SOCII with the exception of an exceptional class that comes through once every 10-15 years. Oak Hill could give some of the lower level teams games probably year in and year out but to say that I could see them competing for 1-2 in SOCII, no sorry I just don't think that would happen. So if they're to big for SOCI and really don't see them competing at the SOCII level then what?? Oak Hill is located where I think the TVC would work for them in terms of competition and size. Northwest, while the SVC I think should find another team and split into 2 divisions would be a good fit there. It's not as if they're the only league that has differences in school sizes, while leagues try and size up accordingly. Location and proximity to surroundings schools will always play a part and ultimately is something that wins out vs something like school size.

Tower
Freshman Starter

Post by Tower » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:49 am

I get frustrated when everyone only talks about numbers of boys in the school. There is another number that plays a part at Northwest. 186. That is the square mileage at Northwest. If you do the math, Northwest has the lowest number of boys per square mileage than all the other schools. It takes 30 minutes or longer for some of these boys to even drive to the school. It is not like most schools around here where kids can walk to practices, weight lifting or whatever. Some kids cant play because they live to far out and dont have a ride to practices.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:04 am

good luck to the green bobcats.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

one Oak
Freshman Starter

Post by one Oak » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:52 am

Oak Hill is a large district geographically at 161 square miles, but the school is in a small village which is an advantage that Northwest doesn't have. Greygoose, I think the TVC Ohio would be tough for us but it is probably the only other league possibility. I think we lack for a true rival in the SOC I and the TVC Ohio would give us Wellston, River Valley, Vinton County, etc. that are or could become rivals.

Carter
Bench

Post by Carter » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:49 pm

Green has had some success this year compared to last year and will be more in it to win it than Northwest. Northwest came off of a 7-3 season last year accomplished via a small school/weak schedule helping that winning record along. I think Green gets the win here and the Symmes Valley bunch will hand NW their 10th loss of the season next week. NW could go 0-10 for twenty years and I don't think anyone would be surprised, but down the road in Lucasville, those folks are looking at 0-10 this year and that is just something a lot of people never saw coming. Valley will be back, Northwest will be Northwest. JM .02 worth.

Green-30

Northwest-12

greygoose
Varsity Bench

Post by greygoose » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:38 pm

one Oak wrote:Oak Hill is a large district geographically at 161 square miles, but the school is in a small village which is an advantage that Northwest doesn't have. Greygoose, I think the TVC Ohio would be tough for us but it is probably the only other league possibility. I think we lack for a true rival in the SOC I and the TVC Ohio would give us Wellston, River Valley, Vinton County, etc. that are or could become rivals.
Yeah that's why I mentioned TVC because where they are located and the level of football that is played at the other schools as well as Oak Hill, I do think they could be competitive year in and year out. Obviously with the exception of some down years and some loaded years. Think the level of competition would be quite even. You are correct SOCI there really isn't a true rival they're just not located close enough to any of these schools to get that rival feeling. Eastern is establishing itself and located relatively close to Oak Hill and a rivalry might start but a ways to go on that.

greygoose
Varsity Bench

Post by greygoose » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:41 pm

Tower wrote:I get frustrated when everyone only talks about numbers of boys in the school. There is another number that plays a part at Northwest. 186. That is the square mileage at Northwest. If you do the math, Northwest has the lowest number of boys per square mileage than all the other schools. It takes 30 minutes or longer for some of these boys to even drive to the school. It is not like most schools around here where kids can walk to practices, weight lifting or whatever. Some kids cant play because they live to far out and dont have a ride to practices.
Heard this argument many times and I believe it to be true. Have heard Northwest is so spread out that getting kids to play football and be there every day is difficult. Takes a commitment from not just the kids but the parents and the parents having time to handle all the running around it involves.

Mavrick2016
Waterboy

Post by Mavrick2016 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:09 am

Best of luck to the Bobcats.

FalconFever02
Bench

Post by FalconFever02 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:47 am

This game will mean more to the Bobcats, I'm sure Northwest has already packed it in weeks ago from a mental standpoint.

The Oaf
2nd Team All State

Re: Northwest 35 Green 6

Post by The Oaf » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Green must be beyond hapless to get destroyed like that by Northwest.
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Bleeding Red
All State

Post by Bleeding Red » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:11 pm

The Oaf wrote:Green must be beyond hapless to get destroyed like that by Northwest.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

hoot
JV Starter

Post by hoot » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Not good

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Starter

Post by BiddyBallDaddy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:03 pm

greygoose wrote:
Tower wrote:I get frustrated when everyone only talks about numbers of boys in the school. There is another number that plays a part at Northwest. 186. That is the square mileage at Northwest. If you do the math, Northwest has the lowest number of boys per square mileage than all the other schools. It takes 30 minutes or longer for some of these boys to even drive to the school. It is not like most schools around here where kids can walk to practices, weight lifting or whatever. Some kids cant play because they live to far out and dont have a ride to practices.
Heard this argument many times and I believe it to be true. Have heard Northwest is so spread out that getting kids to play football and be there every day is difficult. Takes a commitment from not just the kids but the parents and the parents having time to handle all the running around it involves.
They sure don't have a problem fielding band members... There was easily double to triple the amount of band members for NW than football players. The spread out geography is just another excuse that NW loves to play. If kids wanted to play, they would be there. They have never had a problem like the one they are faced with this year.

Oak Hill moving up to SOC 2 in football needs to be done sooner than later, or else let them find a new conference to play in. Oak Hill plays in the SOC 2 in all other sports and I haven't heard a single complaint about that yet. Valley played in the SOC 1 until it finally needed to move up and did so. Btw they went undefeated for 3 years in it. What excuse would you like to use now?

Wheelersburg has dominated because they have a peewee league that kids want to play in, compete in, and WIN. It is instilled from a young age to win and they work hard to do so. Northwest feels sorry for itself like normal.

Northwest beats up on poor ol' Green, congrats guys, your first and only win of the year comes to a school 1/4 the size.