Whats going on at Bob Lutz Field

inthezone
Waterboy

Whats going on at Bob Lutz Field

Post by inthezone »

Took a walk yesterday around the new school and the football field and noticed some construction taking place on the sideline on the Ironton side. Does anybody know whats going on?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Whats going on at Bob Lutz Field

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hopefully where the visitors side is they are changing the stripes to a vertical pattern on the consession stand, instead of horizontal. i've not seen too many tigers with horizontal stripes. that was the old ad's doing. i offered to repaint it for them, me n my sons. if they bought the paint. he said, and i quote , you just want it to look like the bengals. i said no, actually, i just wanted it to look like a real tiger does. food for thought , with football season right around the corner.

inthezone
Waterboy

Post by inthezone »

There is a lot of painting that needs to be done to the facility. I would like to see a work day for any volunteers that want to work before the season begins. It does need a little tlc.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:hopefully where the visitors side is they are changing the stripes to a vertical pattern on the consession stand, instead of horizontal. i've not seen too many tigers with horizontal stripes. that was the old ad's doing. i offered to repaint it for them, me n my sons. if they bought the paint. he said, and i quote , you just want it to look like the bengals. i said no, actually, i just wanted it to look like a real tiger does. food for thought , with football season right around the corner.

I don't believe that concession stand will be in use this football season as there will be a new one in the auto shop building behind that endzone. It will also house new restrooms.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I believe the "construction" on Bob Lutz field is actually a drainage line on the home side. The home sideline does not drain well as it is right now. I also think you will see some improvements to Tank Memorial Stadium before the first home game.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

How about smoothing out some of the hills and valleys on the field. My son said he got tired running downhill for awhile... then uphill for awhile....then downhill for awhile... then uphill for awhile................................................. :roll: :mrgreen:

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Would like to see a new press box in the stadium. That one was built before they had radio and TV stations, good for the 20s and 30s but not today.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Jottings wrote:Would like to see a new press box in the stadium. That one was built before they had radio and TV stations, good for the 20s and 30s but not today.

What games in the 20s and 30s are you talking about........surely you are not that old that you can remember that far back but then again maybe you are.......I'll ask Steve, he may have been there back in those days............. :) :)

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

gahs4ever wrote:Moses only has a few years on Jottings....a VERY few years!

There was dirt, then Noah, then Moses, then Jottings. He is older than all but the first three!

way too much info...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

KVDW wrote:How about smoothing out some of the hills and valleys on the field. My son said he got tired running downhill for awhile... then uphill for awhile....then downhill for awhile... then uphill for awhile................................................. :roll: :mrgreen:
Unless your son is Carlos Snow, then I doubt he ran that, uphill or down, against that stingy Tiger Defense. But then again, he could have run a lot chasing those Tiger RB's.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

funny stuff indeed.

tigertownman
Waterboy

Post by tigertownman »

well the field needs alot of work but i see that the bball gym has some thing done to it i wounder y wish the AD would give some $ to the football team and i have herd from a very reliable sources that the moose have given th stadiam fund over 30,000$ and not and thing has been done to make the field any better

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I agree the field either needs turf or the whole field needs to be re-done.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

85inside wrote:I believe the "construction" on Bob Lutz field is actually a drainage line on the home side. The home sideline does not drain well as it is right now. I also think you will see some improvements to Tank Memorial Stadium before the first home game.
Great news. I know firsthand about the drainage problem and what I experienced probably wasn't anywhere near the worst that it gets.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

tigertownman wrote:well the field needs alot of work but i see that the bball gym has some thing done to it i wounder y wish the AD would give some $ to the football team and i have herd from a very reliable sources that the moose have given th stadiam fund over 30,000$ and not and thing has been done to make the field any better

Yes. The Moose has been very good to the "Stadium" fund. You will see some of that done to the "Stadium" later this summer, if it is not going on right now. Fresh paint and new bathroom fitures to name a few.

The Stadium Fund, which the Mosse has graciously given to (Not $30,000 but a good amount) is to preserve the stadium, not put field turf in or anything to do with the field. I am confident that you will see many upgrades to the stadium in the coming months. One of which will be a new roof, which is way overdue.

As for the AD giving money to football program? You are kidding right? Yes money went into improvements to the Conley Center, but all of that money came out of the Ironton Classic proceeds. Something the AD has worked his butt off on.

As for a work day, which an earlier poster mentioned. I think that is a great idea and you may see that in the future. It will be a great opportunity for all Tiger Fans to give a little sweat to the old gal that has provided much enjoyment over the years. That is one way the Conley Center got to be looking so well last winter. Alot of sweat by school staff and many volunteers.

Again, thanks to the Moose Family Center. They give graciously to the school and the Stadium Fund. We are hopeful that once fans see some improvements done, all will be able to donate tax deductible donations to help preserve the stadium.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plZzsH7Heeg[/youtube]

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great video.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

KVDW wrote:How about smoothing out some of the hills and valleys on the field. My son said he got tired running downhill for awhile... then uphill for awhile....then downhill for awhile... then uphill for awhile................................................. :roll: :mrgreen:

KVDW.... I THINK THAT IS WHATS CALLED HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.. :lol: :lol: ;-)

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

when we start dressing people in a swimming pool locker room, we will start asking Logan for ideas. LOL

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

ouch! your right 85, that was pretty sad! i have never seen anything like that. but, on a good note, you vistors did sound cool as h3ll coming acrossed the street.

Return to “Football”