Week 2 - Jackson (0-1) @ Waverly (0-1)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

keepin stats
Waterboy

Week 2 - Jackson (0-1) @ Waverly (0-1)

Post by keepin stats »

Both teams will be hungry for a victory after a disappointing week 1.

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Week 2 - Jackson (0-1) @ Waverly (0-1)

Post by ironman02 »

I honestly don't know what to expect in this game. Waverly lost a lot of talented players from last year's team, and also some players who chose to focus on other things. It looks like they lost a tough game to rival Piketon, but other than that, I don't know much about them. I do know that they always play well against Jackson, so I'm fully expecting that to be the case again this season.

I'll be interested to see how Jackson responds after a devastating loss to rival Wellston. The Ironmen haven't been in this position in a long time, and this group in particular, hasn't gone into Week 2 at 0-1. The Ironmen really have two choices...put the loss behind them or let it affect the rest of their season. Hopefully they can get over the loss, focus on the task at hand, and get back on track. I'm sure Jackson will look to run the football with Arthur and Ervin, and hopefully the big guys up front will improve their conditioning and win the battle in the trenches this week. Defensively, Jackson has to improve at every position. They didn't play well at all at Wellston, and if they hope to get into the win column, they will need to be much more effective against the Tigers.

We'll see what happens.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

We'll see what the Jackson kids are made of this week. The Wellston loss won't mean a thing if the Ironmen can roll the rest of the way.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ironman92 wrote:We'll see what the Jackson kids are made of this week. The Wellston loss won't mean a thing if the Ironmen can roll the rest of the way.
That's the mindset they have to have. Take it one week at a time, and believe that they can go 9-1 and win the SEOAL. Waverly is the first step to where they want to be.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Jackson IMO

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

The tigers showed how much heart they had against piketon. The inexperience showed though.. But the Tigers are only gonna be better as time goes on. They keep great energy through the whole game. Look for the Tigers to win this one. 26-10

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Waverly and Jackson is always a dogfight and with both teams coming off losses this one will be no different. I think whoever runs the ball better will come out on top. I think the home crowd wills the Tigers to a close win.
Jackson 14
Waverly 20

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I always go with the SEOAL teams when in doubt..

Jackson

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Don't know what happened to Jackson this past Saturday night but if they don't fix it they willbe 0-2

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

IMO, it is simple for Jackson.

They have to find an identity. Are they a power running team? If so, why so many plays from shot gun? Do they want to be a spread team? If so, they may need to re-examine their personnel up front. They have 5 big run blockers up front, but are they the 5 best pass blockers?

On defense, Jackson is playing a TON of kids. While I understand the desire to keep guys fresh, some kids perform better with the opportunity to play multiple series in a row. Sometimes its best to find your best 11 (maybe 13 or 14) and let them get used to playing together.

Jackson shouldn't have a problem getting back on track. They have a solid offensive line and 3 good backs, and a QB that can run the football as well. The McNelly is kid is an outstanding receiver to go along with the rest of the package.

Get the defense figured out, and Jackson can still have a great year.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

jackson comes home with a win friday.good luck.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Wow! I really have no idea who to pick here. I might actually use a coin toss...

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

If it were being played at Jackson..I would say hands down Jackson..however..it's not...

sooooooo

I say...Jackson 28....Wavery...14

First half it will be close..second half Jackson's coaching staff will be superior..

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

"second half Jackson's coaching staff will be superior.."

What an obnoxious and disrespectful thing to put on here. Waverly has one of the most experienced staffs in southern Ohio and they've had a ton of success over the years. They have a very young team, the coaching staff isn't inferior.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

LoganLocos wrote:IMO, it is simple for Jackson.

They have to find an identity. Are they a power running team? If so, why so many plays from shot gun? Do they want to be a spread team? If so, they may need to re-examine their personnel up front. They have 5 big run blockers up front, but are they the 5 best pass blockers?

On defense, Jackson is playing a TON of kids. While I understand the desire to keep guys fresh, some kids perform better with the opportunity to play multiple series in a row. Sometimes its best to find your best 11 (maybe 13 or 14) and let them get used to playing together.

Jackson shouldn't have a problem getting back on track. They have a solid offensive line and 3 good backs, and a QB that can run the football as well. The McNelly is kid is an outstanding receiver to go along with the rest of the package.

Get the defense figured out, and Jackson can still have a great year.

With the personnel Jackson has, they could line up and play smashmouth against most of the teams on their schedule, conversely, Wellston did most of their damage between the tackles and their effectiveness cried out for a change from that 50 defense to some kind of 8 man front gap scheme. I know that coaches generally have their system and stick to it, but Jackson's coaching staff needs to look at this or it might be a long season for them.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

TIGERS90 wrote:If it were being played at Jackson..I would say hands down Jackson..however..it's not...

sooooooo

I say...Jackson 28....Wavery...14

First half it will be close..second half Jackson's coaching staff will be superior..

Jackson got out-coached badly Saturday night.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jackson rebounds and wins a close one.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

gonna go jackson in a close 1 17-14

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

did jackson try to run the ball or pass? LoganLocos---i believe the same that if jackson would get in running formations under center they would be tough to stop. they have big kids that move pretty well along with speed in the backfield

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

with a loss to wellston jackson will be the favorite very few times this season..... and you were warned about the new coach.....

Return to “Football”