Ashland (4-0) @ Ironton (3-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Ashland (4-0) @ Ironton (3-0)

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Here we go, Fighting Tigers, Tomcats, this one is gonna be fun to watch. It should come as no surprise that Ashland will be favored in this one, what does everyone think?

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Re: IRONTON vs ASHLAND

Post by BigCarlito72 »

By leaps and bounds the best team Ironton has faced thus far in this early season and quite possibly one of the best on the schedule, I will pull no punches, I have seen the scores, the stats, the hilights and more so than any other Ashland team I can remember this Tomcat squad scares me. Yet and still I have also seen this road before so I will pick Ironton in a battle and because they win the war in the trenches, 20 -17!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we'd not have lost the game last year, if not for multiple fumbles. if the fighting tigers cover the ball, especially when fighting for extra yardage, keep it high n tight n covered. we may be fine, 1 thing for sure , we are flat out in the meat of our schedule now. no pushovers. we have to execute blocking, tackling. chilli put 10/11 guys in the box tonight , and we continued to run right at them, chilli tired out, from the beating. but i don't look for ashland to be as soft up the gut. which will mean some mixing up of the play calling. i look for this to be a shootout of defenses , not points. whoever makes the least mistakes, may well win this one. but ironton dished out a butt whooping tonight. if that continues , i say the fighting tigers in a close one.i overheard the tigers in the locker room tonight as we were leaving, they were very spirited, and seemed very focused, and on a mission. this could be a bust out game for the tigers. GO TIGERS.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Agreed, winning this next one would be a huge step of momentum going into the teeth of the schedule. I think Ironton can win the game @ the line of scrimmage and as you say we MUST protect the ball.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

TOMCATS will roll the TIGERS

could get UGLY!!!

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

BABYFACE wrote:yeah,yeah,yeah you have never lost a game that was not your fault, Typical post by YTB, never ever , giving the other team credit.

maybe if Ashland players never hit you so hard, you wouldnt fumble?

hows that sayoing go,Ashland stinks, or its only Ashland or something?
The quote is "it's just Ashland", btw maybe you have not heard but there is something of a winning tradition here @ good ol' Ironton so we believe we can always persevere and win against all comp but the quote is infact just that, it is a quote and there is never ever anything "just" about Ashland, ecspecially this 2010 edition. With that said however I have been there year in and out when The Tomcats were highly touted and undefeated and yet and still the Fighting Tigers won the game. I recall the "Air Ashland" pics and The big rb's and qb's and I also recall seeing these teams defeated @ the hands of a more physical Ironton squad. Not that any of this pertains to the present and this coming weekend but just saying I agree, without a couple mistakes last year Ironton wins. That is not to short change Ashland, they won the game but honestly in alot of instances mistakes cost games and a couple turnovers is what spelled the difference in last seasons contest. Go Tigers. BTW, you appear to have your mouth firmly stuck on that bottle of HATORADE! :lol:

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

SPAMONY wrote:TOMCATS will roll the TIGERS

could get UGLY!!!
Could be that you are not gonna be playing Greenup County this week either, this one will be a struggle, close, physical and decided up front.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

The common opponent of both of these teams is Russel.

Ironton 29
Russell 13

Ashland 61
Russell 7

halftime comparisons....

Ironton 15
Russell 13 ... I think, it was close.

Ashland 46
Russell 7

Ironton will have their hands full. Ashland has speed and many talented players.
Wish the best and hopefully no injuries.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

^^^^^^^^^^^^Ashland poser^^^^^^^^^^^^trying to stir crap................

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Pepsiman wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^Ashland poser^^^^^^^^^^^^trying to stir crap................

I'm not trying to stir up anything. I was posting facts and aspects from both games. I'm not an Ashland poser at all. Just a simple comparison of scores.. I wish Ironton the best on the game as well.. They got great talent, and I for one know they will have a great season. Coach Lutz always has his team ready for any opponent. And if anyone is trying to stir crap pepsiman, take a deep look in a mirror.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

Bull you...keep telling Ashland.......stuff on a OHIO Board.........just trying to stir......Ironton up..........Go to......Bluegrasspreps were.......they want to..........hear about Ky football............

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Pepsiman wrote:Bull you...keep telling Ashland.......stuff on a OHIO Board.........just trying to stir......Ironton up..........Go to......Bluegrasspreps were.......they want to..........hear about Ky football............

You..... Obviously.... Don't .... Know..... Me..... I..... Post...... Here..... All..... The.... Time.....I'm..... Just.... Giving..... My.... Opinion....
I.... Like.... Ironton.... And .... Many... Posters... Know..... Me....

btw pepsiman... Quench your thirst of criticism with a coke zero :)

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

Nobody wants.........opinions on Ky......football............get it nobody........cares.......

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Pepsiman wrote:Nobody wants.........opinions on Ky......football............get it nobody........cares.......

Actually people do care... There are two teams in these forums who have games against the Tomcats... Ironton this next week and Waverly the week after that.. So what I say on here could help give info or insight on games..

Pepsiman, I ain't mad at ya, but there are others who have given KY updates... Why did you just dog me? And I'm sure this isn't the first time you've messed with other posters.
You're Tiger Bait can you hear me? :)

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

Nobody wants insights.....to Ky games period.....I dog others to..........for it..........

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Well it's cool, I'm entitled to my opinion and of course you are entitled to yours... But I'll continue to give Ironton posters Ashland updates cause if Ironton wins this game... Those are some hefty computer points that will sail Ironton right into the post-season :)

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Its just Ashland!

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

boilermaker wrote:Its just Ashland!
:lol: :lol: :-D

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

E_Waugh wrote:Well it's cool, I'm entitled to my opinion and of course you are entitled to yours... But I'll continue to give Ironton posters Ashland updates cause if Ironton wins this game... Those are some hefty computer points that will sail Ironton right into the post-season :)

Go right ahead.....I will continue..........to let you...........know how most.........of us........on here feel........about it............. :122245

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Pepsiman wrote:
E_Waugh wrote:Well it's cool, I'm entitled to my opinion and of course you are entitled to yours... But I'll continue to give Ironton posters Ashland updates cause if Ironton wins this game... Those are some hefty computer points that will sail Ironton right into the post-season :)

Go right ahead.....I will continue..........to let you...........know how most.........of us........on here feel........about it............. :122245

You mean let you know how you feel... ;)

remember you've been around about a year... Senority rules :) and I've been here a quite a while :) oddly enough out of all those years you're the only one to complain :twisted:

Return to “Football”