Logan (0-3) @ Jackson (2-1) (SEOAL)

loganlocos
SEOP

Logan (0-3) @ Jackson (2-1) (SEOAL)

Post by loganlocos »

Logan goes to Jackson putting their 34-game SEOAL winning streak on the line. The Chieftains are 0-3 with losses to Lancaster (37-24), Pickerington North (24-3), and Reynoldsburg (47-7).

Jackson, the last team to defeat Logan in SEOAL play back in 2004, enter 2-1 and winners of 2 straight after an opening loss to Wellston (ending a 19-year streak of their own). The Ironmen lost to Wellston 33-13 and rebounded with wins over Wavery (49-9) and Vinton County (42-6).

Without a doubt Logan and Jackson know what is at state on Friday night. Logan has to put the 1st three weeks behind them and find a way to win football games, no doubt about it.

Let's hear it.

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Week 4: Logan AT Jackson (SEOAL)

Post by ironman02 »

One of my favorite games of the season. In the past, this game has almost always had SEOAL title implications, and even though it's the first week of league play, this year is no different. Logan has struggled thus far, but it's understandable since they were replacing almost their entire starting lineup from a year ago, and playing extremely tough competition. Jackson seems to have recovered from their devastating loss in Week 1, but Waverly and Vinton County are young and inexperienced. The point is, I'm not really sure what Logan and Jackson have at this point in the season, and this game should show us what to expect the rest of the year.

These two schools have more SEOAL championships than any other school. They have proud traditions, they have a great mutual respect for each other, and they love getting a win over one another. Jackson, as Locos said, was the last school to beat Logan in an SEOAL game. All of this should lead to a great atmosphere at Alumni Stadium next Friday night. Can't wait to watch the Ironmen and Chiefs battle it out.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

not to sound too harsh. but, with no passing game, the starting running back out and a defence that still is having a hard time read the ball and making tackles anywhere on the field...... it doesn't look good for us.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i think jackson takes this one from the chiefs.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I know Logan has played tough D-1 competition for three weeks. I know the team has had to replace many talented starters. I have heard the usual platitudes about learning from mistakes and getting better. Seems to me the play is getting sloppier. Someone has to step up and make this their team. As Al Davis says, "Just win, baby!"

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

jackson wins

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I know you can't compare Pick North & Reynoldsburg with Waverly & V.C. but
after Jackson's surprise with Wellston they responded with a lot of improvement. After Lancaster, Logan hasn't

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

dazed&confused wrote:I know Logan has played tough D-1 competition for three weeks. I know the team has had to replace many talented starters. I have heard the usual platitudes about learning from mistakes and getting better. Seems to me the play is getting sloppier. Someone has to step up and make this their team. As Al Davis says, "Just win, baby!"
DC i would agree with you. each week goes from bad to ugler. the coaches and staff need to be more agressive with the players. when they something wrong let them know it. show them what they did wrong what they need to do to correct it and THEN DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

27 games (i think) before the etta loss.
Last edited by 1987chieftains on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Logan gets their first win of the season and continues their win streak in the SEOAL.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

i hope logan shows some life... i think jackson will win by 3td's...

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm not willing to say Logan will win this Friday night. It is going to be a tough game. Jackson will be sky high and at their home, they'd like nothing better than to put an end to The Streak. If Logan doesn't show some spark, they could be 4-6 or 5-5 at season's end. Gallia is much improved and Zanesville wants to end their own streak against Logan. Time for Logan to rise to the occassion!

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Guess we'll find out if these boys are Chieftains Friday night.

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i think jackson takes this one from the chiefs.
bait where is 2old this year did he jump the wagon hummmmm

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

tjhtygeverve wrote:i hope logan shows some life... i think jackson will win by 3td's...
logan had there run now its over lol

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Bottom line Logan isn't very good at all this year..it was due to happen. I don't want to hear about the level of competition they were playing. Logan was completely uncompetitive in those games. I do think Jackson will win this game by about 2 scores. Logan I hope I'm wrong but I think you finish 5-5.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

ballrmom wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i think jackson takes this one from the chiefs.
bait where is 2old this year did he jump the wagon hummmmm

Collector amongst bandwagoner......

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

jackson wins a close one! 3 points or less will be the difference.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

hardrock21 wrote:Bottom line Logan isn't very good at all this year..it was due to happen. I don't want to hear about the level of competition they were playing. Logan was completely uncompetitive in those games. I do think Jackson will win this game by about 2 scores. Logan I hope I'm wrong but I think you finish 5-5.

Remember this bunch of boys didn't lose a game in the league last years as jvs

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I know that Logan has struggled the first three weeks, and maybe it seems as though they haven't progressed very well since the second half of Lancaster, but their competition DOES matter. Two of those teams are almost guaranteed to be D1 playoff teams, and Reynoldsburg is pretty good themselves. Logan has won six straight SEOAL titles and they are still very talented, even if they are inexperienced at the varsity level. Some people are predicting an easy win for Jackson, and while I hope that turns out to be the case, I'm fairly certain it won't be a walk in the park for the Ironmen, or Logan for that matter. It's going to take an "A+" effort from Jackson to beat the Chiefs. Logan may have injuries and they may be lacking confidence at the moment, but it's a new season now. They'll be ready to play at Jackson, and so will the Ironmen. This is going to be a battle! Hopefully the Ironmen can get the job done, end Logan's SEOAL streak, and build some momentum for a run at a long-awaited SEOAL title. Friday night is the first step to where the Ironmen want to end up.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

1987chieftains wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I know Logan has played tough D-1 competition for three weeks. I know the team has had to replace many talented starters. I have heard the usual platitudes about learning from mistakes and getting better. Seems to me the play is getting sloppier. Someone has to step up and make this their team. As Al Davis says, "Just win, baby!"
DC i would agree with you. each week goes from bad to ugler. the coaches and staff need to be more agressive with the players. when they something wrong let them know it. show them what they did wrong what they need to do to correct it and THEN DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

27 games (i think) before the etta loss.
I agree 100%!
Also, just wondered why Logan continued to punt/kick the ball toward #3 instead of squid or out of bounds? Too many questions....
Good luck Chiefs! That's 'nuff said.

Return to “Football”