Is Portsmouth West the real deal?

Can hey

Total votes: 0

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Is Portsmouth West the real deal?

Post by bad breath »

Can they stay undefeated through the regular season? Yes or no!

I smell good
JV Team

Re: Is Portsmouth West the real deal?

Post by I smell good »

Nope they will lose to Valley.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

They need to keep winning weak schedule can come back to haunt them in the overall points standing

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the previous part of the schedule has been kinda weak. but the rest of the schedule is very tough. i suspect they'll continue to improve each week. and ready to make some noise the rest of the season.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

they wil win out,and they will be a tough out in post seson...mark it down.

"IF pendlton stays healthy", not saying he is all they got, but they will need him

I do have to agree..IF west gets beat it will be by Valley

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

OOC opposition is currently 4-21. There lone signature win just became tainted when Chilli ran all over Portsmouth. I think Minford, Valley and the Burg will all have a shot at knocking off the Senators. The real question is if the Senators lose one game will they get in?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think we can go undefeated, If we beat Minford then I think it will give us the confidence we need to go undefeated, well just have to see how it plays out

Equilizer
Waterboy

Post by Equilizer »

I think Minford has the best chance at knocking us off. They did beat us pretty handedly last year. Burg lost alot to graduation and as far as Valley goes the same two teams (pretty much) played a year ago. If we take care of the football we win that game, plus this year its at "the rock".

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think Minford has the shot to beat West and I will tell you why-

Last year their defense contained Pendleton to 50 some odd yards. Our D line was firing through West's O line and hitting him in the backfield. Our LB's were hitting him at the line of scrimmage as well. It was a tough night for him due to the team defense of Minford and gang tackling.

Now to this year: I think Oak Hill had a big, physical line that wasnt slow by any means. And they were experienced. Although I dont think that Hale from Oak Hill is as good as Pendleton, I will say that I know Pendleton can be shut down to a point if their line gets beat up front just like last year. I know that West's line is improved from last year, but I have been really excited about Minford's defense too.

I think West is not as one dimensional this year as they were last year, but if Minford's D plays like it can, I dont think it matters.

I looked at Oak Hill's line and thought "my gosh those guys are big and strong, and quick!". Then I watched Minford line fire through them all night.

It wont be an easy win for the Siders if they pull it off. We will be able to tell more once Minford plays Burg.

It will definitely be a good ball game.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Do I think West will lose a game? No. They play the most physical football in the SOC2 and that's what football is - physical.
If they do lose a game, they will get into the playoffs easily. Region 15, like last year, looks pitifully weak after 5 or 6 teams.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I think outscoring opponents 228-40 is the definition of real deal. They average just over 45 points a game and are giving up only 8 points a game. I realize their opponents are only 4-21, but when you're winning by that margin you're a very good team.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Yes West is the real deal but I doubt they go undefeated but they will win the SOC2 heres how. Burg beats Minford, Minford beats West, West beats Valley ,Valley beats Burg, West beats Burg, Valley beats Minford . JMO

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

When West is focused like they were against Portsmouth, their is only one southern Ohio team that can beat them and that is Ironton, and I'm really not sure they can.

In my opinion, Minford is going to see next week how good they are. Minford will compete. But unless West beats themselves with turnovers, Minford won't win.

After the way West gave the game away at Valley last year, I just have a feeling that this game may look alot like 2 years ago where Valley got blitzed.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

I gave the nod to West over Valley because its at the Rock on a neutral field Valley would win Valley is loaded with offensive weapons.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If West is as sound fundamentally as Ironton and isn't afraid to come up and hit in the holes and pursue well, they can beat Valley.

PARALYZER
Waterboy

Post by PARALYZER »

They are looking pretty good so far. Wont be tested until next week. However they have improved over the offseason.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I dont think we have seen the best football my siders have to offer we have only seen a glimpse.They came out fired up and focused in the ptown game sorry trojans we could have won that game 60-0 if we wanted to. The playbook will be opened up and you will see a difference between last year and the first half on the season they will be fired up and focused in soc play.PROUD TO BE A WEST SIDER.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

siderman wrote:When West is focused like they were against Portsmouth, their is only one southern Ohio team that can beat them and that is Ironton, and I'm really not sure they can.

In my opinion, Minford is going to see next week how good they are. Minford will compete. But unless West beats themselves with turnovers, Minford won't win.

After the way West gave the game away at Valley last year, I just have a feeling that this game may look alot like 2 years ago where Valley got blitzed.
Didnt you have the same song a dance last year before you played the falcons??? Whats gonna hurt the senators is they havnt played into the 4th quarter. What happens when you get in a dog fight in the 4th....lineman bent over just like last year. I do agree west is much improved though but still look at your compeition ;-)

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Bleeding Red wrote:I think Minford has the shot to beat West and I will tell you why-

Last year their defense contained Pendleton to 50 some odd yards. Our D line was firing through West's O line and hitting him in the backfield. Our LB's were hitting him at the line of scrimmage as well. It was a tough night for him due to the team defense of Minford and gang tackling.

Now to this year: I think Oak Hill had a big, physical line that wasnt slow by any means. And they were experienced. Although I dont think that Hale from Oak Hill is as good as Pendleton, I will say that I know Pendleton can be shut down to a point if their line gets beat up front just like last year. I know that West's line is improved from last year, but I have been really excited about Minford's defense too.

I think West is not as one dimensional this year as they were last year, but if Minford's D plays like it can, I dont think it matters.

I looked at Oak Hill's line and thought "my gosh those guys are big and strong, and quick!". Then I watched Minford line fire through them all night.

It wont be an easy win for the Siders if they pull it off. We will be able to tell more once Minford plays Burg.

It will definitely be a good ball game.
Ill agree with you, Minford usually has a fast defense, last year against burg they impressed me because they would get knocked off of the ball a yard or so, but then be right back in your face making the tackle, they are well coached...We have some big boys up front, but we also have a good mixture or some smaller athletic linemen too that will matchup well with their smaller atheltic linemen, it will be interesting its a big game psychologically for both teams

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I haven't seen West play this year. The only time I watched them last year was against Minford and that was just ugly. Pendleton did everything (or at least tried). I know that if they can thrash Portsmouth, there is no reason they can't thrash Burg. And I don't think Burg is that much worse than Minford or Valley (we'll find out soon). They play a physical brand of football that - when it's played with sound fundamentals that come with experience - is just flat out daunting to opposition. West usually fields a very tough team every few years or so. They had a playoff team that made a minor splash two years ago but was still good enough to run the table in their conference. This team sounds better. The conference as a whole is better though. One thing is for sure: I'll
be taking in a West game sometime in this regular season.

Return to “Football”