SEOPS HO

SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Thoughts

Green Beagle
JV Team

Re: Week 7 West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by Green Beagle »

West wins this one. You can say they havent played anyone but no one has been close. Minford will still be in the playoffs I believe at 7-3.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I still think West is the best team in the area.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West hasn't played the greatest of schedules for sure. That could hurt us. Wing T type teams have given us trouble in the past. I think Minford will push us.

West looked really good last night. Minford evedently looked terrible. West needs to use last years embarrassment at home as inspiration to take it to them and not fall into a trap thinking Minford isn't good. You know Minford is gonna give it their all.

My opinion, West will dominate up front. We are fast on the sweeps and can throw the ball, so they can't load the box on us. I think West will win convincingly.

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

West might have their hands full Friday night. However, are they as good as teams in the past such as the one that had Journey, Hopper and gang? That team also had a darn good running back, but I can't remember his name.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I can't wait for this one. Hopefully we can match up with the Siders, better than we did The Burg!!

The Minford kids have to forget last Friday, and work their butts off this week. Even though we didn't show it, last night, Minford still has a very good team. And if we can pick up our bottom lips, we will give West a good game. I still think that if we play like we can, we can win this game. But the Minford kids have to do some real soul searching, and let last nights game go. If they don't, next Friday could be worse than last. I really feel like the boys gave up, and if you do that you won't win to many SOC II games.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

Dear Coach T,

Please give "The Beast" at least 20 carries this week so he can atone for last years game and put a sock in a few Falcon Fans!!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think West is the best team in the area too. I think they will win by atleast three scores.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Watching the replay of the Minford/Burg game. Minford either isn't near as fast as some think or Burg is really fast. Minford really looked slow in that game. Burg came out and hit them in the mouth. Minford didn't know what hit them.

I think the Pendelton will easily get 20 carries and he will have a big game. But the X factors will be Auger running and the passing game. Load up to stop the big man and West will burn you this year.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

WEST

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

West in a barn burner IMO

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Depends on which Minford team shows up...

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

WEST!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If last night's Minford team shows up, West will pound on them. If Minford's linebackers and D line want to sit back on their heals and get leveled every play, Pendleton will run for 200 yards.

They have to try and find way to get it back on track this week.

Alot of people were comparing these Minford kids to last year and the previous year. Sorry, but not even close to how hard they play when their back is against the wall. At least to this point.

Minford has to find a way to isolate their speed on offense, or West will eat their lunch. After last night's self destruction there is no way we can match with West up front and run the ball right at them. And with West being fast at the corner and safety positions, I dont know if that will even work.

The key to last year's win at West was the defensive line and LB's for Minford. They were gang tackling Pendelton for nearly no gains on every rush. And they held the Murphy kid to little yards. I saw Minford hit and tackle like that against Oak Hill, but I didnt see any of that last night.

I am sure that if anything can be done by the coaching staff to get them ready, it will be. But the young men on the football team are the only ones that can make it happen.

Good luck Falcons. I think they will need alot of it.
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Minford may be able to over come last nights loss but I just don't think their big enough or strong enough to Beat West this year.......... To Many Weapons...........JMO
West Wins by at least 2 or 3 TD's.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

IMO. west by 24. 1 of the best teams around here..

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

When the clock hit zeros last night was the last time I'm going to bring that game up. It's done, over with and now it's week 7. All I know is if the boys arent going to be ready to play football now then I don't know when they will be. I have to much faith in this team and growing up with them and knowing how they react to being put down only makes me have a better feeling about this game more then ever.

Minford 22

Siders 15

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

westsidelarry wrote:minford way over rated. west smacks them around.im thinkin portsmouth,northwest,minford,manchestor,green,and east should be in a conforence together to make it more competative.JMO. The conference should be called STOSO. Suckie teams of southern Ohio.

Real classy Larry :oops: No wonder some people don't like West. I think West takes this one in a closer game than most people think.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

westsidelarry wrote:minford way over rated. west smacks them around.im thinkin portsmouth,northwest,minford,manchestor,green,and east should be in a conforence together to make it more competative.JMO. The conference should be called STOSO. Suckie teams of southern Ohio.

Wow......what a statement

westsidelarry
Waterboy

Post by westsidelarry »

wont even be close,minford posters had their state rings ordered then the burg stomped them.i think its funny.valley will be the only team that plays close to west.and who cares that people dont like west. by the way CLASSY IS OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! proud to be a real WEST SIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”