SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Fubar
Waterboy

Re: SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by Fubar »

Yes, West won this game and it was close. But when you look at it, West should've won by 20 and lost at the same time.

They turned the ball over on downs twice inside the Minford 10 and again near midfield which could have given them a 2 touchdown advantage had they converted them both. Along with that, Auger missed both extra points and West failed both 2-point conversions.

If West plays next week like they did tonight, Valley is going to put up 50 on them. The passing defense was especially bad. Journey had a couple good deflections but none of the others did anything to stop Minford's passing game. If the Falcon's would have passed the ball more often, they would've won easily.

That 4th quarter "fumble" that West had which was ruled down should've been Minford's ball too, which would have basically sealed the game for the Falcons because they were ahead 21-18. The West fans made gloat and be happy about their victory, but they better thank their lucky stars that they left Minford still undefeated. I'm a West graduate and fan and I'll be the first to admit that they got lucky tonight, but that luck isn't going to carry over to Valley and Burg in the coming weeks. If they expect to finish the season 10-0, they better focus on their defense and their 3rd/4th down conversions, because tonight's play was pretty poor.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Fubar wrote:Yes, West won this game and it was close. But when you look at it, West should've won by 20 and lost at the same time.

They turned the ball over on downs twice inside the Minford 10 and again near midfield which could have given them a 2 touchdown advantage had they converted them both. Along with that, Auger missed both extra points and West failed both 2-point conversions.

If West plays next week like they did tonight, Valley is going to put up 50 on them. The passing defense was especially bad. Journey had a couple good deflections but none of the others did anything to stop Minford's passing game. If the Falcon's would have passed the ball more often, they would've won easily.

That 4th quarter "fumble" that West had which was ruled down should've been Minford's ball too, which would have basically sealed the game for the Falcons because they were ahead 21-18. The West fans made gloat and be happy about their victory, but they better thank their lucky stars that they left Minford still undefeated. I'm a West graduate and fan and I'll be the first to admit that they got lucky tonight, but that luck isn't going to carry over to Valley and Burg in the coming weeks. If they expect to finish the season 10-0, they better focus on their defense and their 3rd/4th down conversions, because tonight's play was pretty poor.

You are officially the most intelligent west sider alive .... go forth and multiply!!!!!

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Fubar wrote:Yes, West won this game and it was close. But when you look at it, West should've won by 20 and lost at the same time.

I think you have to give a little credit to the Minford players. Thats a good football team. And they were playing to win too. You dont cut through teams like warm butter when like chessy and Rock Hill when the other team has talent too. It cant all be mistakes on West's part. You have to give credit where credit it due. A talented Minford team put it all together tonight and West took their best shot while playing with a handicap.

Credit to Minford. And give credit to West for showing they are not a "one man gang"

When you play good teams. The other guys will make plays too.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

we will take the luck and I'll tell you why. There's a sigh hanging in the weight room big and bold and it reads: THE HARDER WE WORK THE LUCKIER WE GET. Congrads west on 7 and 0. The guys came out and played hard the 2nd half without Locher and Pendleton, very impressive. BTW Minford that's the same team in the 2nd half that you'll see next year.

footballdoc
Waterboy

Post by footballdoc »

:122246 Tonight was bad! west had a D-1 player go down in the first hard hitting game of the year! two more hard games to come. { SUCK IT UP PLZ} west needs all players to give it all out on the field. players did step up, but should not have had too.
Next years team will be better than this one{more heart!] how are they going to stop valleys pass? ill answer that!!!! they will not. :oops: too passes thrown up for grabs, and they couldn't even bat it down.darn i get mad ,every year its the pass that kills us! why cant we stop it? I really had my hopes up this year.
VERY DISAPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

footballdoc wrote::122246 Tonight was bad! west had a D-1 player go down in the first hard hitting game of the year! two more hard games to come. { SUCK IT UP PLZ} west needs all players to give it all out on the field. players did step up, but should not have had too.
Next years team will be better than this one{more heart!] how are they going to stop valleys pass? ill answer that!!!! they will not. :oops: too passes thrown up for grabs, and they couldn't even bat it down.darn i get mad ,every year its the pass that kills us! why cant we stop it? I really had my hopes up this year.
VERY DISAPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do what? The kid got a hip pointer. It happens. Please don't even begin to judge that kid's toughness. He's started for 3 years now, and he's always been out there before now.

Also wouldn't heart be judged by Bricker, Journey, Auger, Ratliff and the line stepping their games up and taking up the slack of 2 really good players in Locher and Pendelton? Isn't rising to a challenge when it seems like everything is going against you what heart is?

As for the pass. Our pass defense is good. They scored on 2 broken plays. One Ratliff misjudged the ball. He shouldn't have let anyone behind him, but he was in position. Maybe he lost the ball for a second in the lights. I don't know. The other pass was on a pure broken play. The qb made a great play. Give Minford some credit. I don't remember Minford completing any pass plays other than that.

sadie74
Waterboy

Post by sadie74 »

congrats WEST you got the W!!! who cares how it happened until monday enjoy this victory.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

siderman wrote:Honestly I couldn't care what a bunch of crybaby falcon fans think. OST you seem to be the only sensible one there.

Fact: West dominated the line of scrimmage. We ran the ball at will and Minford couldn't stop West. West stopped West with mistakes. We never punted once. We won a tight ballgame with the best player in the area on both sides of the ball watching the second half.

I thought Minford played their hearts out. But truth, if not for a couple busted plays (Great plays by the QB and receiver) and mistakes by West in the redzone this is a 3-4 touchdown game. Except for the last drive, Minford couldn't sustain a drive. They had 1 long run. Other than that they couldn't run the football. I didn't hear coach, but I'm sure that is what he meant and he's right. West shot themselves in the foot all night.

:lol: Crybaby falcon fans, werent you crying a few years ago about Minford running it down Wests throat for a go ahead score. By your theory of dominance West should have only had one TD setup by Pendeltons long run. The rest are all blown coverages that never should have happend if the DB's werent going for the pick. Face it your almighty siders were lucky to get away from minford with a W. One early whistle and the game is sealed for Minford.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Nothing tastes better than opponents tears.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Boonedawg wrote:Nothing tastes better than opponents tears.
Actually I can think of alot of things that taste better than salt solution secreted from the lacrimal glands :122245

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Incognito wrote: :lol: Crybaby falcon fans, werent you crying a few years ago about Minford running it down Wests throat for a go ahead score. By your theory of dominance West should have only had one TD setup by Pendeltons long run. The rest are all blown coverages that never should have happend if the DB's werent going for the pick. Face it your almighty siders were lucky to get away from minford with a W. One early whistle and the game is sealed for Minford.
No, I couldn't care how many points a team scores ever. It's always up to the d to stop them. You would never hear that stuff from me.

Minford never blew coverages. They never had coverage. Their defensive coordinator packed his corners in like linebackers because he knew they weren't man enough up front to stop West's run. The only time they came out was if West spit wide. Locher's pass was on a wheel route. Its hard for a Corner to first not bite on a fake and then run from inside the tackles to the sideline and cover a pass. Actually I would be a little embarrassed if I played a 5-4 defense packed inside and still got runover with 2 starting backs on the sideline. By the way. Who won?

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

and if they didnt have a split wide you expect the corners to stand out there with no one to cover? Actually they did have blown coverages one was the LB made a nice play to jump back into the passing lane to knock the ball down and the other was when West had a 3 & 15 and got the ball for the first down. The wheel route is the OLB or in that particular defense the SS he didnt run with his man which means a blown coverage. Actually I would have been a little embarassed if I were you predicting a West blowout and such when you know for a fact that was an early whistle on the strip. West before and after that play were stopped cold then their whole offense was allowed to push the RB forward 3 yards. If Minford was allowed to return that ball who would have won?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Incognito wrote:Actually I would have been a little embarassed if I were you predicting a West blowout and such when you know for a fact that was an early whistle on the strip. West before and after that play were stopped cold then their whole offense was allowed to push the RB forward 3 yards. If Minford was allowed to return that ball who would have won?
Is that kinda like you minford fans a week ago? How many TD's were you gonna beat the burg by? Then you got hammered. Embarrassed. At least West pulled out the win.

And don't even bring up the whistle. What about the catch on the sideline. Good catch, but he was on the line. Or the numerous time Minford could've-should've been called for holding. I honestly don't care what the score was. Looking back, I'm glad they got pushed. That will only make them stronger.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The catch on the sideline was good. He was in by a foot.......with both feet. I was standing right there.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

siderman wrote:
And don't even bring up the whistle. What about the catch on the sideline. Good catch, but he was on the line. Or the numerous time Minford could've-should've been called for holding. I honestly don't care what the score was. Looking back, I'm glad they got pushed. That will only make them stronger.
Well that's the great thing about video is that it's unbiased, isn't it? When this game comes out on the Zone tv people will see the catch was good with both feet in, and that it was a fumble. The Minford player was going the other way with one blocker ahead of him, the only Sider to stop him was pushed to the ground. Why did the West kid get on his horse and try to tackle him??? Because he knew it was a fumble. The ref blew the play dead. It would have went for a TD. That would have made the score 27-18 Minford late in the 4th, but since the offical didn't see it because he was on the other side of the pile, he blew the play dead, it was an honest mistake not a screw job. That ended up giving West a 3rd down that later turned into the game winning TD.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I really couldn't care. We got the win. Don't dround yourselves with tears.

Any knowledgeable football fan will tell you the best team won, and that's all that matters. Minford played their butts off and the stars almost aligned for them, but it wasn't meant to be.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

one thing for the fans to act like fans --but the head dude saying we were in control the whole way ? in a game where a FG could have sent the game to OT ? what game was he watching ? maybe he better let the assist's do radio . MD

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Some fans that I talked to this week agreed with me that Minford is now disliked more than Wheelersburg. Not for their feats on the field, but the pure arrogance of their fans with absolutely no history or reason to be that way. Just a bunch of Wheelersburg wannabees.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

sounds like a great game by 2 playoff teams!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

ManitouDan wrote:one thing for the fans to act like fans --but the head dude saying we were in control the whole way ? in a game where a FG could have sent the game to OT ? what game was he watching ? maybe he better let the assist's do radio . MD
like I said, I never heard him but knowing coach he means line of scrimmage. That's where he believes the game is played and he is right. If West doesn't kill itself with penalties on the drive to start the 3rd quarter inside the 5, we take total control of that game. Minford could not stop West nor could they sustain a drive. They made 2 awsome plays, but they were sandlot plays.

Return to “Football”