WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

coop
SEOPS

WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by coop »

BACKYARD BATTLE!! This game is usually always competitve, and especially when there is a lot on the line. Minford appears to be playing to GET IN the playoffs, and Valley appears to be playing for a home game.

Valley rebounds and plays well to win and get in

Valley 35

Minford 27

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by fuzzhead »

If everyone else in the region does what they're supposed to, the winner here is in and the loser is out. I won't predict a winner just yet, but I know Valley has played better against common opponents, which means next to nothing here.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Minford will be playing with heavy hearts. We lost a coach this morning.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Redman wrote:Minford will be playing with heavy hearts. We lost a coach this morning.

I just heard. PRAYERS for your team and entire community!

PARALYZER
Waterboy

Post by PARALYZER »

Coach Berry will be greatly missed in the Minford community. Berry devoted many years to the Falcon weight lifting program. Getting up early for weight lifting used to be all I had before school, but he did it to make us better and never complaned once. I respected coach not only for his dedication to our community but his dedication to us players. I was at the waverly game last night and coach looked good on the sidelines getting the kickoff team pumped up and in position. Just shocked to find this out this morning. It will be hard to replace such a good person.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Wow, so sorry for your coach, your team, your community. Prayers to you all. Good luck against Valley. Would like to see Minford take this one.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of Coach Berry.

As far as the game, I give the edge to Valley. I think Minford will move the ball and score, but I dont know if Minford can outscore Valley. Minford's defense will be tested, especially the LB's and secondary. I am not sure that they will be able to stop Valley drives. We shall see. Offensively I think Minford will be fine.

Take away all of those fumbles and Valley would have been right there with a VERY good Burg team.

Should be a good game. Lets hope for an injury free game Friday night and maybe with some luck both teams make it to week 11, not just the winner of this one.

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

:shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8qDphoQPdw

LOL@VALLEY!

Coach Berry, you will be missed by the whole Minford Community. You were the chillest coach ever and always had a good joke waiting for the right moment, which was cool. Help guide the Falcons to another home playoff game. Much Love.
-the kid that did everything right
Last edited by GrumpyOldFish on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

You cannot over state the impact John Berry has had on the Minford Football program. The countless hours he put into the offseason and inseason conditioning programs were an immeasurable asset. Minford has won many games over the years that they falt out would not have won if he had not put such an effective weight progam in place. As a player that played under him I know what he did for us, we never lost a game because we were out of shape or because someone was stronger than us. He always pushed every single player to give everything they had, less than your best was not acceptable with Coach Berry. He is an unreplaceable person both for the progam and the community. Greater than the games won because of his preparation, were the lessons he taught everyone that played for him. The lessons of always working hard, showing up and going to work everyday, and that hard work will pay off. He was a great man that will always be remembered for what he did for the kids. He was a man of the utmost character as well, our world would be a better place if there were more like him. My heart and prayers go out to his family especially, as well as friends, players, and fellow coaches in this trying time.

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Well said IronFalcon. I have only known Coach Berry for this past year - having gone to church with him during that time. He truly will be missed. A great man in every aspect of his life. My prayers go out for his family in this loss.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

This should be a great game! Good luck to both teams and congrats on a year that you have been playing so well.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

I am so sorry to hear about John Berry. I have had the opportunity to get to know him over the past couple of years as I've worked with him. I'm a Wheelersburg guy so you can imagine the fun/conversations we've had over that time. I can tell you, he absolutely loved his Minford Falcons and everything that came with it. I really enjoyed working with him and knowing him over that time and a great guy was lost. Prayers for the family, he will be missed in every capacity that he was associated with.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

I can tell you this. During football season me and Coach Berry werent the best of friends :P. He had very intense workouts and knew exactly what to do to have us ready for four quarters come friday night! Hate to see this happened he was a good coach and a good person and all of those that know him are going to miss him greatly.

But back on subject for this game, Minford is going to have to come out and play some extremely good football but there isnt a doubt in my mind that they wont be sending the indians to the stands to watch the playoffs. It's your final given game. You win you earned another pretty simple. Leave it all out on the field boys

Minford 28
Valley 26

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Ill take Valley in a close one.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

prayers for coach and his family. after this i have to go with the falcons in a close one

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

Valley in a shoot-out, where both defenses get blistered. Minford will run for over 300 yards as a team, meanwhile Valley will throw for nearly 200 and run for over 100 as well. Folks who like offensive fireworks are likely to get their fill with this game. I think it will be close throughout, with Valley winning late. I look for the over-under to be 65.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

I think that Minford looks at the Valley-Burg film and does the same thing Burg did. I take Minford 35-28.

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

Minford will be going into this game, hopefully with some extra motivation. Not only do they have the opportunity to knock Valley out of the playoffs and make it themselves, they should also dedicate this game to Coach Berry. Coach wouldn't want this team to go into this game too heavy-hearted because this is a huge game. With the extra motivation and everything on the line, I believe Minford takes it to Valley in this game after Valley had a tough loss vs. Burg.

Minford 35

Valley 21

How they play this week will determine this team's identity.

RIP Coach Berry, you are and will be missed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this should be another barnburner as well.

Buckeye_demon32
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye_demon32 »

QB4 wrote:I think that Minford looks at the Valley-Burg film and does the same thing Burg did. I take Minford 35-28.
Well guess what... I think valley looks at the Burg-Minford film and does the same thing Burg did. I take Valley 45-7....at the end of the first half

If minford is watching the burg and valley game the only thing they can garner from that is this....pray for tons of fumbles and adopt irontons offense and run off tackle....thats the only thing burg did because thats all they needed to do against valley

Ill take valley 35-21 and earning a home playoff game

Return to “Football”