Player, school Yr Ht Wt Pos

Isaac Beverly, Chillicothe 12 6-1 170 RB-S
Max Corcoran, Chillicothe 12 6-1 175 QB-DB
Dylan Osborne*, Chillicothe 12 6-0 175 K-TE-LB
Brandon Whittaker, Chillicothe 12 5-9 185 RB-LB

Stephen Atkins, Gallia Academy 11 6-3 255 OL-DL
Josh Curry, Gallia Academy 12 5-10 190 OL-LB
Ethan Moore, Gallia Academy 12 6-1 190 QB-LB
Austin Wilson, Gallia Academy 12 5-9 160 RB-DB (CO-PLAYER OF THE YEAR)

Klay Arthur, Jackson 12 6-2 215 RB-LB (CO-PLAYER OF THE YEAR)
O.J. Barr, Jackson 11 5-10 170 RB-LB
Drew Ervin, Jackson 11 6-0 220 RB-LB
Bubba Landrum, Jackson 12 6-1 315 OL-DL
Kip Winchester*, Jackson 12 6-0 180 QB-DB

Jordan Jurgensmier, Logan 12 6-1 185 QB-S
Tim King, Logan 12 6-2 245 OT-LB
Paul Wesselhoeft, Logan 11 6-1 205 OG-NG

Dustin Baker, Marietta 11 6-0 175 TE-LB
Morgan Wynn, Marietta 12 6-0 170 RB-DB

Andrew Gulley, Portsmouth 12 5-9 175 RB-LB
Casey Sanders*, Portsmouth 12 6-5 275 OL-DT

Jeremy Fivecoait, Warren 11 6-3 195 WR-DE
Grant Venham*, Warren 12 6-3 210 WR-DB

HONORABLE MENTION

Knute Bonner (senior) and Skyler Mallow (senior), Chillicothe;

Aaron Guisinger (junior) and Brandon Taylor (junior), Gallia Academy;

Coleman Kearns (senior) and Derrick Meredith (senior), Jackson;

Isaac Lindsey (junior) and Cory McCarty (sophomore), Logan;

Connor Hess (senior) and Mitchel Gearhart (junior), Marietta;

Brennan Howard* (senior) and Tré Underwood* (senior), Portsmouth;

Austin Henthorn (junior) and Dylan Leffingwell (sophomore), Warren.

*—denotes repeat member of All-SEOAL team (Osborne, Howard, Wilson and Winchester were honorable mention and Underwood was on the first team in 2009)

Team was selected in a recent vote of league coaches. Each team received two automatic All-SEOAL honorees.

Congrats to all the players on the list. A special congrats to Andrew (Gulz) Gulley, and Casey Sanders on 1st team and Tre' Underwood and Brennan (Champ) Howard HM. I don't know how Tre' Underwood did not make 1st team this year but did last year. He had a better year this year then last this young man got robbed. But it's hard telling how the voting goes in these meetings. Good Luck to all 4 of these young men as they head off to hopefully play ball at the next level.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: ALL SEOAL TEAM

Post by noreply66 »

Its a shocker to me that Oates from Chillicothe was over looked.
Oates was in the top four in Rushing,Passing,Recieving and Scoring and the other were not

Also how could Jordan from Portsmouth not make it.

This kid needs a big shoutout for what he did. If any other team in the league lost their first QB they wouldn't have had a Jordan.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

WOW !!!Taylor from GA not 1st team.How in the world did :roll: for get it made it from GA!!! sorry not going there :arrow: . hope the SEOAL will be stronger next season.

Bldevls5
Waterboy

Post by Bldevls5 »

I have never registered, always visited as a guest, however, I am wondering what BBallin was trying to say. It doesn't make sense to me.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congratulations to all players who made the team.

A special congratulations to Coach Andy Hall, the Coach of the Year, and the Ironmen who made the team.

Klay Arthur had an outstanding season for Jackson, one of the very best in school history for a RB (1,692 yards rushing and 21 total TDs), and is very deserving of the POY award. Klay was a three-year starter at FB for the Ironmen and he will definitely be missed next season, not only in the backfield, but on the defensive side of the ball as well. All his hard work and dedication during the off-season really paid off this year, and it was a pleasure to watch him run the football this season.

Drew Ervin rushed for nearly 1,000 yards and had 17 total TDs this season as a junior. Drew was also an outstanding linebacker on this year's team, and will be a leading candidate for SEOAL POY next season, in my opinion. His performance in Week 10 against Gallia Academy, while filling in at QB for Kip Winchester, was extremely impressive and appears to be a sign of things to come next season. Can't wait to see what Drew shows us next year.

Kip Winchester was All-SEOAL HM last season in his first season back playing football. He made the move to QB and was a great leader all season for the Ironmen offense. Kip threw for about 800 yards and 10 TDs this season, while also rushing for nearly 400 yards. He was also an outstanding defensive back for the Ironmen...definitely one of the best DBs I have seen in Jackson since I began following the program closely back in 1992. A great athlete and a great leader with a ton of heart.

Bubba Landrum was the anchor of a dominant Jackson offensive line this season. When the Ironmen needed yardage, they could always count on getting it when they were running behind Bubba. Bubba was also a key contributor on the defensive line in some of Jackson's biggest games this season. A senior captain and a great football player, who really made the plays when his team needed them the most.

OJ Barris the spark plug that makes the Jackson defense go. His presence at NG was simply amazing all season, disrupting the opponent's offense each week and flying to the football to make plays. OJ has an engine that never stops, playing extremely hard on every single play. He'll be a great leader next season on the D-Line for the Ironmen, and will most likely see an expanded offensive role as well.

Coleman Kearns was a two-year starter on the O-Line for the Ironmen. He made the move from tackle to center this season and he never missed a beat. One of the most consistent and hardest-working lineman that I have seen at Jackson in recent memory, a senior leader, and a HUGE part of the running game's success this season.

Derrick Meredith was a three-year starter at safety for Jackson and even gained some varsity experience as a freshman, which is very rare. One of the three senior captains, along with Bubba and Kip, Derrick was the leader of the Jackson defense. He played his heart out every Friday (and Saturday) night for the Ironmen, and his presence in the defensive backfield will be hard to replace.

These seven Ironmen were a part of a great season, along with all their teammates. Nine wins, a playoff berth, and they brought the SEOAL title back to Jackson. Congratulations to all of them, good luck to those who are seniors, and good luck to Ervin and Barr, who will be returning to help the Ironmen defend their league championship next season.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

I thought league winner got 6 on 1st team then 2nd place go 4/5 then 3rd place 3/4 etc. etc. I see that it was ruled that each team automatically got 2 on first team , but is this why Jackson got only 5 on 1st team

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Doesn't it go on the teams coach sending in his names and the others voting?

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

I'm fairly new to the SEOAL, so this may have been hashed out before, but I really dislike that they don't choose teams by position. What is the reasoning behind this?

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

4ever.....You make some good points, however this is a group of players..........if it were selected by position it would be a true team not a group.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It seems like they pick a team as if it was going up against another all/star team in a game--You pick the players you know can play here and there --come playing time you know a certain player can be put in different positions if someone has to come out of the game. I guess this is better than if your best running back goes down ,and with the other way, you might have only have the best TE in the league on the side lines to go in and has never ran the ball.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

This post goes out to Brennan Howard........your effort and play didn't go un-noticed to us........

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

If you had a first and second team offense and defense and had a P and K you would select 48 players if you only allowed a player to be on offense or defense. Any player who was voted for and didn't make one of these teams would get honorable mention. If 8 RBs and 4 QBs (see selected 1st team) are worthy there will be a spot for them somewhere.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Good luck to all!!!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

congrats to all these young men, a special shout out to the Portsmouth Kids.Andrew Gulley,Casey Sanders.Brennan Howard and Tre Underwood.Sure would have liked to seen what kind of season Josh Myers could have hgad! Best of luck to all the seniors,and underclassmen....see you in 2011

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Congrats to all the athletes that made this list! To Coach Hall and his staff, great job as well!!

X-Factor5
Waterboy

Post by X-Factor5 »

Congratulations to all who received this honor. This is truly a privilege to be selected to this team. Some make the argument that it's tougher to be selected to the All-SEOAL team than the All-District team. All of these players a worthy and they have accomplished great things throughout their careers.
I really wish Coleman Kearns of Jackson would have been selected to First-team. I didn't see a Center who was more consistent play in and play out than Kearns was.
I was shocked that CaseyOates from Chillicothe was not selected to anything at at all, but the SEOAL does not vote for a Utility player like the all-district team does.
Another player I felt should have made the list was Ty McNelly from Jackson. He played very well and finished the season with 7 picks to his stats. Pretty good cover corner in Ty, but he's a Junior and he'll be faced with another opportunity next season.
I was surprised that O.J. Barr made it, not because he wasn't worthy. This kid plays with more heart and enthusiasm than any player that I seen take the field. He was FULLY worthy, but a lot of times , Defensive Lineman go overlooked and I was thrilled to see this was not the case.

Again, Congratulations for all who were rewarded with this honor. You all represented your teams and our league very well this season.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

^^^^^

You have a point about the number of players on said team, however the number would be 31%(48/154), not half. My biggest objection is 8RB+4QB+2WR+2TE=16 of the 22 selected. These players could not have had the year they had without the lines in front of them. In the spirit of what high school football is all about this is a bad set-up.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

^^^^^^^

I agree that most of these good athletes play both ways. Another consideration is that an all league position looks good on a players resume for moving to the next level, just as much so for a lineman as a back.

buckeyebuddy
Waterboy

Post by buckeyebuddy »

Casey Oates of Chillicothe not even making honorable mention shows that this SEOAL selection process is totally out of control. This young man was the MVP of Chillicothe without a doubt. Top rusher, receiver, returner, and one of the top tacklers. Casey, realize that many Cav fans realize the injustice here.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

If he was put up on their board he would have made it...plain and simple.

Return to “Football”