Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Logan

pottiemouth
Waterboy

Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Logan

Post by pottiemouth »

Rematch from week 8. Tigers won the first 37-16. Will the Hawks have the KEY this time?
Last edited by pottiemouth on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Regional Final D4 R15: Ironton vs. Hartley

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Its tough to beat a team twice in a season, but I think the Tigers can do it

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

Here is some bulletin board material for the Ironton Fighting Tiger players. Saw this on Yappi and thought you might like to read it.

RaiderFutbol
Junior Varsity Join Date: 09-02-10

I am an Ironton grad, but did not attend the first Ironton Hartley game, however, I live in Cbus and I have many friends who have kids at Hartley. They all told me Ironton got the benefit of some home cooking? So a neutral site rematch might be pretty nice. I can't wait!

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

UPNYA4 wrote:
Malcontent wrote:Here is some bulletin board material for the Ironton Fighting Tiger players. Saw this on Yappi and thought you might like to read it.

RaiderFutbol

I am an Ironton grad, but did not attend the first Ironton Hartley game, however, I live in Cbus and I have many friends who have kids at Hartley. They all told me Ironton got the benefit of some home cooking? So a neutral site rematch might be pretty nice. I can't wait!

Huh...? Home Cooking done at a Ironton game.... No way!! :lol: :lol: ;-)
Or at any other home field for for that matter! :122246 :122249 :lol:

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

Don't know anything about Hartley, but if the Ironton team that I watched last night shows up.. They are going to be very hard to beat. Should be a barn burner... Good Luck Tigers...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Where does this game figure to be played?

Lancaster? Athens? Nelsonville? Jackson? Zanesville?

Would love for the OHSAA make a central team come closer to SE Ohio as they are the #1 seed. Really only Jackson would be any closer for Ironton.

tigergrad95
Waterboy

Post by tigergrad95 »

With OHSAA it will be in Columbus.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

lol....might be

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

As a NEUTRAL fan, let me tell you this from watching the Ironton/Hartley game earlier this season:

1.) Hartley got physically DOMINATED in the trenches
2.) Hartley didnt like to get hit
3.) Hartley's superstud RB didnt like to get hit and actually didnt even put forth any effort blocking, running pass routes, etc...when he wasnt getting the ball.

Now I dont know how home cooking came in the picture, but Ironton kicked their private parts (no pun intended) back to Columbus!

I think Hartley will come out much better this matchup, and I think they will be wanting revenge from their embarassing trip south for the first matchup. If Ironton comes out and smacks them in the mouth early and often, Hartley will quit again. But I think if Ironton starts slow like they did against Sparta Highland and they let Hartley score first and get some momentum.....it will be a dogfight.

I really hope this one is played in Jackson!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sorry i did not see the other one, when i started this. i looked. but apparently not well enough. so mine made a second topic on this. please disregard the topic i started.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

ironton is way to physical to lose this game!!! i say the tigers score early and often!!!!!
from a burg fan!!! GO IRONTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I couldn't believe how non-physical Hartley was. Their line was pretty big. There's no reason ironton should lose here.

HSFootball#1Fan
Waterboy

Post by HSFootball#1Fan »

Malcontent wrote:Here is some bulletin board material for the Ironton Fighting Tiger players. Saw this on Yappi and thought you might like to read it.

RaiderFutbol

As a long time Hartley fan and actually watching the Ironton game, Hartley lost that game because of how well Ironton played and the mistakes that the Hawks made, not any home cooking. I would like to think and hope that these comments are just some causual/regular jawing between friends. The Hawks turned the ball over 4 times. Regardless if Ironton caused these fumbles or not, you can't be minus 4 on the turnover margin and win when you're playing a team like Ironton. I'm sure the coaching staff knows they did not deserve to win the way they played.
On a side note, I would agree that Hartley did not look very physical but I would also say that the team Ironton played that week was not the same team I had been watching all year. Not to say they lost from playing on grass, but I do believe playing on turf will be a benefit to Hartley. Like a poster said above, it is very hard to beat a good team twice in one season. I like the scenario for Hawks in the rematch and it will be a dogfight.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fuzzhead wrote:I couldn't believe how non-physical Hartley was. Their line was pretty big. There's no reason ironton should lose here.

You are right. When I saw Hartley's team come out to warm up, I was stunned at how big and athletic looking their big men were. Heck, their backs were big too! But their line looked like alot of smaller colleges I have seen (Ex: Morehead State)

But above strength, size and speed in this game comes HEART and DETERMINATION!

jeffie4545
Freshman Team

Re: Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley

Post by jeffie4545 »

ironton dominated hartley in wk 8 tigers seem to be clicking on all cycliners. i dont believe hartley can stop irontons running game. but irontons defense can stop hartley like last time.tigers move on to state.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Ironman92 wrote:Where does this game figure to be played?

Lancaster? Athens? Nelsonville? Jackson? Zanesville?

Would love for the OHSAA make a central team come closer to SE Ohio as they are the #1 seed. Really only Jackson would be any closer for Ironton.

My guess would be Logan or N/Y .....

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

I'm hoping OU. Pretty much completely dead center for both teams and the Bobcats have no more home games this year.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Distances to suggested game sites.

To Jackson: Ironton 43 miles, Hartley 77
To Nelsonville: Ironton 95, Hartley 60
To Athens: Ironton 82, Hartley 70
To Logan: Ironton 84, Hartley 46

Of these four, Athens seems the nearest to center for both.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

jackson would be nice but Athens would be better for both teams But knowing those knuckleheads I can see it being in lancaster no fair playing in this area lol

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I also think we will see a different team from HARTLEY THIS TIME AROUND!! not only were there 4 fumbles, hartley also stopped good drives with penalties & had to punt because of it!
It will be a good game! Turnovers, line control, & ironton not waiting a quarter to get started are a MUST FOR A TIGER WIN! I also think this is one strong tiger team only missing a consistient passer! The defensive line has 9 crowded & i do not understand how we cannot find an open man? Throw the slant!! Keep it honest!!!gotigersgogettheball!!!

Return to “Football”