Ironton Football 2011

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Ironton Football 2011

Post by timbo52 »

Anyone have any thoughts? I havent heard much of how the young tigers did this year; that is the 5th 6th and 7th and 8th. Did hear that the 6th was very big and fast and that was from a good source. Just wondering about how there records ended up. If you know please let me know :?:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2011 Fighting Tigers

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we just reload at ironton.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

A source close to the program said they will be young and this source said they will go 6-4 or maybe 7-3 if the breaks go ironton way!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

LHS 72 wrote:A source close to the program said they will be young and this source said they will go 6-4 or maybe 7-3 if the breaks go ironton way!
Ironton loses some good players from an outstanding Senior Class but We also return quite abit next Season and will have a couple players return from early Season ending injuries that would have played a major roll this past Season. Cody Jones returns after a saeaon ending knee injury in the srimmage game against Coal Grove, Cody would have been the starting LB. Dion Brown will return after a couple years of injuries first a Season ending knee injury in the Coal Grove scrimmage his Freshmen year and then a shoulder injury that ended His Sophmore season early, He will be a major contributor next year at RB and DB where He was a starter until He was injured.
returning starters

Tyler Hager
Brandon Leach
Schyler Fields
Dakota Taylor
Gage Roach
Tyler Kratzenburg
Jake Rawlins
Nick Culbertson
Trevor White (started several games)
Michael Lawless
Tom Saul
Dion Brown (started several games until season ending shoulder injury)
Cody Jones (would have been starting LB until season ending injury in srimmage game)

Anyone know of any other players I may be missing and those that will make strong cases for starting positions from the talent We lost from last Season???

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:A source close to the program said they will be young and this source said they will go 6-4 or maybe 7-3 if the breaks go ironton way!
Ironton loses some good players from an outstanding Senior Class but We also return quite abit next Season and will have a couple players return from early Season ending injuries that would have played a major roll this past Season. Cody Jones returns after a saeaon ending knee injury in the srimmage game against Coal Grove, Cody would have been the starting LB. Dion Brown will return after a couple years of injuries first a Season ending knee injury in the Coal Grove scrimmage his Freshmen year and then a shoulder injury that ended His Sophmore season early, He will be a major contributor next year at RB and DB where He was a starter until He was injured.
returning starters

Tyler Hager
Brandon Leach
Schyler Fields
Dakota Taylor
Gage Roach
Tyler Kratzenburg
Jake Rawlins
Nick Culbertson
Trevor White (started several games)
Michael Lawless
Tom Saul
Dion Brown (started several games until season ending shoulder injury)
Cody Jones (would have been starting LB until season ending injury in srimmage game)

Anyone know of any other players I may be missing and those that will make strong cases for starting positions from the talent We lost from last Season???
looks good to me Buckeye but I am going to disagree with that 6-4 prediction.......I dont make predicts but I dont see the Tigers losing 4 next year.......(in the regular season)

71tigeralum
Waterboy

Post by 71tigeralum »

When does next years schedule go up on IFC??

IBLEEDORANGENBLACK
Waterboy

Post by IBLEEDORANGENBLACK »

Young? 6 starters back on a defense that held the state champ to their two lowest totals. 5 back on offense(4 linemen). This isn't including white, brown, Leach or Jones. 18 seniors. Inexperience wont be a problem.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

No question the Fighting Tigers lost some great players, including some all-state honorees; but isn't this the case just about every year?

I think there's a very promising nucleus returning, and right now I think it's reasonable to project that Ironton will once again be a contender for the regional title, at least.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Rematch at Hartley week 8. Should be highly anticipated.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

IBLEEDORANGENBLACK wrote:
Young? 6 starters back on a defense that held the state champ to their two lowest totals. 5 back on offense(4 linemen). This isn't including white, brown, Leach or Jones. 18 seniors. Inexperience wont be a problem.
I'm hearing Sophomore Tanner Schweickart 5'10 190lbs is a real tough player and could make a real impact next year at RB/LB for the Tigers.

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

I am sure experience wont be a problem. I am sure they will do what they do better than almost anyone grind it out on the ground anjd play very tough defense but unfortunately when it comes crunch time and the run gets stopped they will have no answer except more running. Pass the ball.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I feel they may have a tough time and lack QB next year for sure.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Re: Ironton Football 2011

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

FWIW, there are already some comments from the Hartley faithful regarding their rematch with Alder, which I think would assume a repeat of the R 15 title for Hartley (and the R 16 title for Alder).

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

I personally think we are going to have a really good team. I think we will be fine with Krats at QB, Tommy had a good season but i don't see any let up there. Going to miss the senior class but each year we lose some great ones. I think you will see a little more passing next year, not a whole lot more just more.To last years seniors you will be missed, had a great season and really enjoyed watching you guys thru your careers :-D

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

timbo52 wrote:I personally think we are going to have a really good team. I think we will be fine with Krats at QB, Tommy had a good season but i don't see any let up there. Going to miss the senior class but each year we lose some great ones. I think you will see a little more passing next year, not a whole lot more just more.To last years seniors you will be missed, had a great season and really enjoyed watching you guys thru your careers :-D
Timbo, just curious, has Bob published his starting lineup for the first game????? I notice you have Kratz at QB, is that set in concrete or are there others in the running for the QB position??....

Who is on your lineup card for running backs and offensive ends?????

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Charley Hustle wrote:
timbo52 wrote:I personally think we are going to have a really good team. I think we will be fine with Krats at QB, Tommy had a good season but i don't see any let up there. Going to miss the senior class but each year we lose some great ones. I think you will see a little more passing next year, not a whole lot more just more.To last years seniors you will be missed, had a great season and really enjoyed watching you guys thru your careers :-D
Timbo, just curious, has Bob published his starting lineup for the first game????? I notice you have Kratz at QB, is that set in concrete or are there others in the running for the QB position??....

Who is on your lineup card for running backs and offensive ends?????
I'm sure it's only speculation, but if I had to guess I would agree with Timbo52 that the QB will be Kratzenburg, He was the backup last year but I'm sure Coach Lutz will put back there who He sees fit for the position. I'm guessing Jalen Schweickart and Tanner Duty will be in the mix, don't know of any others. Running Backs a plenty, White, Hager, Brown, Jones, Leach, Beach, T Schweickart, Wilson, Bishop. Offensive Ends probably Culbertson and Rawlins and/or Fletcher if He decides to play next year.

What's your thoughts at the QB and RB positions position???

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

Just my opinion on krats at qb, you know bob will put the boys in the right place to give us the best chance to win, i'm sure jalen and tanner will be in the mix. backfield should be good with hager, white, beach, leach, jones and t.schweickart. if dion can come back healtly he will be there. at ends i see lawless, rawlins, and culbertson all in the mix along with fletcher if he decides to come out, heard thru the greatvine that we may have a transfer coming but i'll beleive it when i see it,( he will be a db and a wide receiver) ;-)

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

AHM wrote:Rematch at Hartley week 8. Should be highly anticipated.
Anytime Ironton plays up here around C-bus I'm there. Unfortunately the last five games I've seen them play they've lost. (Liberty, DeSales X2, Coshocton, Hartley). I'll attend the Hartley game next year as it's only about a 10 minute ride from the house.

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

I dont think there is a question at the QB position for the tigers. I see the Tigers going 8-2 next season. This is a talented hard-working group, that would like nothing more than to avenge this years lost to Harltey and play into December next season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i heard that. that sounds good right now, summer and some tiger football right now. the heck with the december thoughts right now though.

Return to “Football”